bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 12 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony technical issues here only

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Aug 31, 12 5:08 PM
Hi

I tried posting something earlier but will try again here...already contacted BFG about tech problems; cursor became almost unusable part ways through the game, the cuts scenes dialogue stuttered and skipped so badly I had to skip them (too bad because this game was really well done) I uninstalled the game, Adobe Flash and whatever else was suggested, then went back and tried to play again and this time got locked in the elevator.

So I am sad to say I am giving up on this one, it was really a great game and I did finish it, it was just really labor intensive when it didn't have to be. Maybe my computer just can' handle these games any more I don't know. Have had installation failures lately on other games so don't know what's going on. But FYI, this game is really well done and very absorbing, and the bonus chapter is great. Props to the devs for this one!

[Post New]by RSBOATER on Aug 31, 12 6:57 PM
I am using a Dell Comuputer. In Chapter 4, on the B-1 level I cannot get the 2nd piece of the amulet. I can see it in the cabinet, the help button circles it in the cabinet, but clicking on it does nothing. Do I need to restart the entire game from scratch.?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 1, 12 12:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

gailfriend429 - I am sorry to hear that even after working with Tech Support, that the game is still not running smoothly.

If they have no further suggestions for you, I would am sure they will be able to offer a replacement game - we don't want you stuck with something you can't play and enjoy!

RSBOATER - I took a look at the Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Walkthrough and the following is the sequence of events leading up to receiving the second part of the amulet:

Play the HOS.
Put the shoe (I) in the sand; take the shoe print (J).
Open the locker; take the flipper and the piece of medallion (K).
The second AMULET PIECE will be added to inventory.

Click here, for a screenshot of that scene.

If all has been completed as detailed in the walkthrough, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so we can look into this for you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 11:19:52 AM PST

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Sep 1, 12 6:57 AM
I'm giving up on this game as well,the cursor lags so much the game is spoiled and then it crashes !! shame I like the look of this and I have the others in the series so had high hopes.

[Post New]by silentmystic on Sep 1, 12 1:06 PM
I have done everything in the mine I can do. I now need to saw the wood into pegs but the elevator won't go to the first floor. It gets to a place where it shows frayed wires. I don't have anything left in inventory to fix the wires. How do I get the elevator to go the whole way to the top floor?

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on Sep 2, 12 1:38 AM
as soon as i have to click on the crow at beginning of demo game freezes happened 3x so had to uninstall pity cos i was looking forward to this 1

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 12 2:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you are having, we know exactly how frustrating that can be.

seahorsequeen - A lagging cursor and crashes in a game are often caused by the your drivers needing a few updates. To get this fixed you could always check for some updates. You can find some easy steps here:

silentmystic - I haven't played the game myself so I'm not completely sure how to fix the elevator. However, you can probably find some steps in our Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Walkthrough.

suze14 - When a game freezes this can also be connected to the drivers. Updating them by following the steps in the link I mentioned above could definitely help here as well!

If all these steps don't help I would recommend that you get in contact with our Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope and choosing Contact Us on the next page.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by italianredhead71 on Sep 2, 12 8:04 AM
RSBOATER,

I have the same issue exactly! I am using an HP computer. Thought it was my computer but you are having the same thing happen! Uninstalled and reinstalled game but still won't let me take that piece out of the locker!
If you figure it out, let me know, I will do the same as I will keep trying the different trouble shooting tips given.

Thanks!

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 8:06:55 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 2, 12 9:43 AM
Hi italianredhead71,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting that piece of the amulet too!

If the steps bfgBaikal goes over above don't help, it could be there is more of a technical issue going on. In that case, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what's going on and troubleshoot with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by piano1968 on Sep 4, 12 6:54 PM
im having the same problem i cant get the amulet out of the metal cabinet.looks like we all are having the same problem need help!

[Post New]by georgelangg on Sep 4, 12 9:56 PM
i am really dissapointed got to lower level of gohst ship game wont respond to mouse cant continue im using a toshiba satilite c655-s5200 windows 7 64 bit

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 5, 12 3:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry that you have had these issues.!

Have you tried following the advice in the help article beloiw, to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how your game performs for you.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

This is the best way we can provide dedicated support that will be sure to suit your system - I assure you that one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this and work with you to resolve this.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Sep 7, 12 4:07 AM
italianredhead71 wrote:RSBOATER,

I can not get the piece of medallion out of the cabinet.Using hint does not help.It looks as if piece is stuck.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 7, 12 5:07 PM
For folks who can't get the medallion piece in the locker - this appears to be a glitch in the game. It was also experienced in the CE. I highly recommend letting tech support know and sending them a Dr. Felix so they can send the info to the devs who can then get to work on a fix! In the meantime, there is a work around, but it means restarting your whole game. Here's what Tally_Ho said worked for him/her in the CE forum:
Tally_Ho wrote:This is what I said above:

EDIT:

It took a major amount of patience to do this, but I re-started the game under a different player name. This time, when I go to that scene, the object behaved normally.

EDIT AGAIN:

So I was tired and went to bed immediately upon picking up the piece of medallion, without finishing the scene. Upon resuming in the morning, the other object in the locker (flipper) would not respond, so the game is stuck again at the same spot; unable to finish the hidden object scene. This information should give the programmers some clue as to what is happening.

Further information: Since I was again stuck at the same point I started anew under yet another player name. This time I was careful to go to B1 and complete the HOS BEFORE going to B2 and using the pickaxe to retrieve the second medallion plece.

I was able to complete the HOS this time, then go to B2 and retrieve the piece (now the 'third' piece.) No longer stuck,

I hope this fragment of knowledge gets to the programmers and is helpful. Serious beta-testing can be very time-consuming. Thanks everyone for their input.

db

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 7, 12 5:13 PM
silentmystic wrote:I have done everything in the mine I can do. I now need to saw the wood into pegs but the elevator won't go to the first floor. It gets to a place where it shows frayed wires. I don't have anything left in inventory to fix the wires. How do I get the elevator to go the whole way to the top floor?

Hi silentmystic! Welcome to the forums!! The elevator does go to level one, you just have to back out of the elevator at that level. This a pretty common game mechanic with elevators in games - you back out from the same direction you initially entered. Good luck!

[Post New]by Doxiemom3 on Sep 13, 12 4:13 PM
I'm also stuck in mine can't get to upper level to cut stick for crank. I too can't find anything to fix the frayed wires to go up 1st floor to go to woodshop and every areas I go say try another area...any help????

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 12 4:17 AM
Hi Doxiemom3,

I would encourage you to have a look at the Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Walkthrough to see if that may help you!

Sometimes, ensuring all details in the walkthrough have been fulfilled aids progression - it can be easy to miss something!

If the problem persists after consulting the Walkthrough and you feel this may be a tech issue please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps?

Failing that, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to help you!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by lollardheretic on Sep 16, 12 11:35 AM
I was playing, I got to the B2 button, pushed the button, the elevator had problems, and then all of a sudden, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH for my computer. My computer said it restarted windows to protect it, etc. When I got back to the game, it said that the saved filed had been corrupted and I had to start all over again. I'm guessing there's no work around for this, but I wondered if other folks had the same issues? (I've got a lenovo think pad, running windows 7 if it matters)

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 16, 12 12:33 PM
Hi lollardheretic,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with this game! Getting the blue screen is always a little troubling.

We do have a few troubleshooting things you can try to make sure this doesn't happen again, though.

First, it's probably a good idea to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers, which will ensure they are able to handle all those aspects of the game. You can read about how to do that in our help article here.

To make sure everything goes OK with your save files, it can also help to run the game in Administrator Mode. We go over how to make that adjustment in another help article here.

It would also definitely be a good idea to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can work with you directly on this. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and see if what else you can do to make sure the blue screen doesn't come up again.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: