bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 12 12:39 AM
I case it's helpful Fishies, I have linked to the CE reviews for this game here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 12 12:53 AM
Morning, Baikal and all fishies of Pondyland...

This review is based on the CE, which I played in Easy mode.

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over.

You will encounter real people.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is an option for widescreen (again, not for me).

The iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes) are of the new ERS design: silhouettes in the lists. You find 1 object, and use it in the HOS to get another one, and this one you use again to get the next one, and so on. Love doing those.
You also do the odd mini game in the HOS, like putting together a picture.

ETA: A little further into the game, you will also encounter the "normal" iHOS, which are not silhouetted.

The HINT button takes about 50 seconds to refill in Easy mode. Still wish it were shorter.

Some of the items in the Inventory list can be combined with other items from the Inventory. You will know which ones they are, because they have a + next to them.

The Diary is at the right. There is no Map.

The HINT button is also at the right.

At the left is your raven, which you can use to get things you can't reach yourself (once you have found a medallion that you click on).

--- --- ---

I loved pretty much everything about this game: the cut scenes, gameplay, graphics, and the animations (got quite a few nice surprises there). And the bonus chapter wasn't bad either.

I also loved the fact that you didn't just get one long story - I never quite remember where I was and what I had to do when I want to continue after a break - but this game is divided into separate stories.

There weren't too many HOS in this game, and apart from one puzzle, I managed to do all the others - something I have never done before.
But just because the puzzles were easy, didn't mean I didn't enjoy them. I liked them a lot.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 1, 12 12:58 PM
WOW....what a nice surprise, LOVED IT , really a game that has everything I enjoy, in it.

This is the 2nd game from ERS, that I have liked a LOT, usually not a huge fan, because of the puzzles they offer, but I LOVED every single one in this game.
I purchased the Gothic one, but it doesn't run right on my computer, that is a first, waiting to hear from CS, on that one.
The other one I enjoyed so much from them was Grimm Facade, I suffer from CRS, but I think that was what it was called, great game also .

Back to this game, I have to say, that I just loved everything this one had to offer.
AWESOME graphics and artwork, this is what I call a feast for the eye's !
Plus there were several places, that had wow moments, jaws especially..LOL!
And the mermaid, were just some of my favs, this game is full of colorful animations, that put it over the top, for me, and the game flow was perfect, making for really fun game play.
I also enjoy how there are different storys and scenery, for each soul you complete.
And I just love the portal idea, makes you feel like your really visiting different places in time.

And the way they did the crow in this one was WAY cool, collecting the medallion, and than watching him change, enjoyed it every time I got to use him.
The live actors I thought were really good in this, and really added to the story, along with the cut scenes, GREAT JOB developers.
I was so SAD when it ended though, wish I would have purchased the CE, just to get another soul, to save, for me it was that good of a game.
I thought this was even better than the first one, I do hope the developers stay with the new puzzles, and the new way of doing the H0 scenes, LOVED those as well.
And I also enjoyed having some of the regular H0 scenes also, personally I can never have to many H0 scenes, but that is just me, so I was so happy to see at least some still in this game.
I think ERS is doing a great job with the interactive H0 scenes, have to give them a big on those, well done.
I didn't even try this when it first came out, because I thought another ERS game with hard puzzles, not so in this one, SO HAPPY that I tried it, because I ended up LOVING it !!

Thanks ERS for giving the rest of us games we can also enjoy, you have earned another fan

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Sep 1, 12 9:56 PM
loved the game but wished it had a better ending..

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by catsrobe on Sep 5, 12 7:42 PM
I really liked this game although it was rather easy. The puzzles were interesting and colorful but very easy. I didn't skip any and finished them all. I played this in the expert mode and, again, it wasn't that hard. Although I must admit I did have to use the hints from time to time and the walkthrough.

I was expecting this whole thing to be about the gangsters in the beginning. I got a bit confused when the theme kept changing. It was different from other games and I guess it wasn't too bad once you get used to it. I finally realized that one game had nothing to do with the other.

One note: During one of the games you must pick up the book in order to go onto the next task. I won't tell you which game because I don't want to spoil it.

The graphics were great and I liked the fact that there were real people! The acting was only so-so but I didn't mind listening and I didn't skip the dialogue like I usually do.

I can't comment on the music because I never listen to the music in any of the games. It's usually repetetive and annoying.

The HOS scenes where you have to find shapes were a bit confusing at times. Most of them involved finding one item and then using it to find the next shape and so on. It was a bit challenging and I used the hint for those at times.

The hint charge was quite slow in the expert mode but that didn't bother me. Again, very good game and I was glad I bought it at the sale price. I'll buy other Redemption games after this one.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by catsrobe on Sep 5, 12 7:44 PM
cnbmimi11 wrote:loved the game but wished it had a better ending..

Oops, one more comment. I agree. The ending was awful!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Sep 6, 12 5:26 PM
Loved the game but the ending is confusing.
I wonder if there is another Redemption? What do you think?

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Sep 6, 12 6:50 PM
Good game but really felt cheated by the end..Is this a way to make us wish we had bought the Collector ??? If so, it is a poor way as I think with the kind of money we pay for a regular game, we deserve a decent ending.

My 2 cents..

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Sep 8, 12 1:14 PM
Wonderful game. Just finished it. Only took about 4 hours to complete, and not difficult at all... breezed right though it. Same for the easy but unique puzzles, yet still enjoyable to play. Loved the cut scenes and real people-actors in them... really nice, and they all did a good acting job. Enjoyed the different stories within the game. So over all, very good, despite being an easy play. A great way to spend a rainy afternoon indoors today.

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 1:17:14 PM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Sep 10, 12 10:05 AM

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 3:28:29 AM PST

[Post New]by expertGamer520 on Sep 10, 12 7:14 PM
Just finished Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony, the standard edition, played it in expert mode although game was very easy to complete. I totally didn't care for the way the game ended, nor did I like the real people instead of the animated characters like in the first two Redemption Cemeteries but all in all the game ran smoothly and somewhat interesting stories and tasks. Looking forward to the fourth installment.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 13, 12 5:32 AM
Another good game from ERS with superb graphics.

Nice touch on some of the hidden object scenes, much more interesting than just searching through a junk pile. Three different adventures to play, although the third one seemed a bit hurried and rushed to me.

The ending was truly lousy. Maybe it was better in the CE but these abrupt endings from some devs in their SE version of the games are beginning to make me get rather angry. It will certainly NOT make me buy the CE versions. It's more likely to make me not buy at all.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 20, 12 11:29 PM
Finally finished; what I get for playing several games at a time. Really liked it, nice and long, but the ending was a bit abrupt. Have to make the asumption that the player gets home and all. Anyone know what the bonus game was about?

I like the 2 storylines; it keeps the game fresh because it's hard to get bored when you wind up in basically 3 different games. This one was way different in each section; kind of would have liked to see more of the gangsters, but it was fine.

No tech glitches, and smooth play; nothing to complain about for me. I give this one a pretty good rating!

Celticcoco

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Sep 30, 12 1:39 PM
I really liked this game. Some of the HOS were different but neat to play. The puzzles were fun too. Great color and great graphic's. I love all the games from this company. The only thing I didn't like was the ending.

Loraia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Loraia on Oct 14, 12 3:28 PM
I played SE on expert. Puzzles were easy, HOs were a piece of cake including the interactive ones with silhouettes. Graphics were nice. Audio got annoying. Three mini stories that took about an hour each.

Nice game, but WAY too short and the ending was abrupt and unsatisfying.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jan 23, 13 8:18 PM
I was really disappointed in Redemption Cemetery - Grave Testimony. The other two Redemption Cemetery games that I've played were excellent.

The voiceovers, graphics, and storyline were pretty good. Their use of actual people was a nice touch.

Mini puzzles were a bit too easy. Hint button was helpful during the HOS, but not during the regular game play.

The ending was a big disappointment. I looked away for a second and the game ended. Really? I figure that if I buy a game and spend a few hours playing it that I should get a decent ending. SPOILER: I'm not asking for a collector's edition ending, but heading through the fog in a boat with a creepy guide and going nowhere is not a good way to end a game.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 11, 13 7:52 AM
This is the third installment of the Redemption Cemetery series. As usual, this game has nothing to do with the 2 games that came before.

This time around the lead in is that you are dragged to an island waiting to be killed, only that your murderers are killed before you. In order to escape the island, you have to redeem three ghosts. Sounds wacko, but serves the purpose well.

The Good:

+ graphics well done
+ three different stories
+ they tried a new way for HO scenes, works quite well
+ integration of real people flawless

The Neutral:

o sometimes slow

The Bad:

- most mini puzzles ridiculously easy

Bottom Line: You will get more of the same ERS stuff that you came to expect from this series. For a change you don't have t forge anything. ;-) The story works well, but sometimes it's unintentionally funny (see: shark!).

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 17, 13 4:30 AM
Wake UP! Redemption Cemetery Just Had A Shot Of Adrenaline!

GAME SUMMARY & BONUS CONTENT REVIEW

Having witnessed a gangland shooting, you are grabbed and knocked out. You come to and discover you are being buried alive in “Redemption Cemetery”. Escape is only possible by putting three lost souls to rest. We have a helpful raven to assist us, an ever-evolving figure in this series.

As you’d expect from ERS, you have the highest quality hand drawn graphics, good sound, and smooth gameplay.

There are two different types of HOs, list and the more complex silhouettes, where you must find one item before you can find another, until you finally get the inventory item you need. There are also dozens of tiny mini-games, rather than just a few hard ones.

I liked this addition. You must keep your mind flexible, because you are never too long at any one thing.

However, the game has none of the ‘bling’ usually expected of a CE game. No morphing objects or other collectibles, no achievements, even the raven is too solemn and silent to be a sidekick.

Bonus Content Review

The bonus game lasted just over an hour for me, and I don’t play quickly. Despite its short length, it covers a lot of ground. A brand new quest, all new locations, all new HOs and puzzles. And it really was kinda fun.

Other than this we have the usual only. Strategy guide (not, in my opinion, needed), wallpapers, concept art, etc.

I can only give this content a three, there’s just too little for the extra dollars.
This a really great game and I highly recommend it – as a standard edition. I am sorry I bought the CE, much as I love the game.

I recommend this game!

Go to: