bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Disharmony Blocks

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 12 12:45 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Disharmony Blocks ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Disharmony Blocks page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Disharmony Blocks

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 12 12:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 31, 12 4:14 AM
I really wanted to like this game, as M3 are one of my fave genres. I couldn't find a way to put in a profile name. also it appeared to be timed with no relaxed option.
The game play is ok BUT you get extra points for clearing all the gold tiles, and to this end as things are whizzing about, and with yellow tiles on the game board that aren't part of the yellow tiles you need to clear, all of a sudden you've finished the round with no option to clear the tiles.
There's no way of clearing the tiles before you move onto the shop, next game board, mini games etc.
It has the potential to be an excellent M3, but not in it's present state.
I like games like this that set you tasks each round; but this game is messy, and the music was irritating too.
There's many fab M3 games out there, and I found as much to like about this game as I did to dislike.
It's aa 'no buy' for me. Be interested to see what other fishies think

Phoebelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebelle on Aug 31, 12 4:25 AM
Agree with Belamba but the main turnoff for me was that I had to click twice to move each tile - no clicking and dragging which I find much better for my hands.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Aug 31, 12 5:39 AM
Phoebelle wrote:Agree with Belamba but the main turnoff for me was that I had to click twice to move each tile - no clicking and dragging which I find much better for my hands.

Exactly my 'main pain' with this game. One move requires two distinct clicks...absolutely no sliding. Holy moley, after the one hour demo my hands and fingers need a long, looong rest. And yet I kept playing for the full demo hour because I really wanted to like this game.

Unfortunately there were too many uncomfortable factors involved for me -- like no stretch screen - which creates a very small playing field. I found it very difficult to differentiate the gold 'extra bonus' tiles during the game play while trying to keep track of everything else.

Everything on the screen soon became blurry, and I found myself squinting a lot to read both the text AND and see the bonus graphics -- while trying to focus on my playing ability. Confusing at best.

Colorful, cheerful, little game that wants to please. It has a lot of positive elements, but overall (imho) it still falls short.

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on Aug 31, 12 6:20 AM
Even though I'm desperate for a good new M3, no slide = no try, no buy! Too bad, because this looked like fun.Thanks fellow fishies for the info and saving me the download time.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Aug 31, 12 6:55 AM
SEIZURE PRONE PATIENTS BEWARE!!! Not only is the opening screen going to give certain people feelings of nausea but those who are prone to seizures from strobe lights or flashing lights PLEASE stay away from this one. I only made it through 3 levels before I had to leave the game and still having issues 15 minutes later.

A note about the game is the information to help set up the game play has words posted on the screen that can not be clicked through and stays on the screen way longer than needed. Seemed maybe like they were trying to allow time for a new reader to finish sounding out the words. Once finally past that phase the information text boxes remained on the screen which was a distraction along with the VERY annoying music that I had turned down to just one click above silence. Even then the volume went up on it's own a couple times in just the few minutes I played.

I was really hoping this Match 3 was going to be a game I could get for my grandson but it had too many issues to make it worth even playing the whole demo hour.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 31, 12 10:02 AM
I really wanted to use this to fill out my punch card, but my main problem with it is the sound. The music sound quality is a problem, although I do like the eclectic mix of the music. Also, the explosions are off the charts loud, so I had to turn down game sounds as well, which left me with practically no sound at all - and I seldom play my games with the sound off.

The graphics and all are retro quality, but I was fine with that. The timed aspect was just for a bonus as far as I noticed, so no problem with that in the 50 minutes I played - and no timer sounds or effects noticed either, which is good.

I appreciate the variety of objectives, and that, along with the emotion power-ups, kept if from feeling like "been there, played that".

So really, if not for the sound issues, I'd have added it to my collection.

[Post New]by feanas on Aug 31, 12 1:56 PM
I have been waiting for a new M3 and despite the reviews, I did download it. Sigh, I find myself agreeing with the negative aspects of this game. I can turn the sound off, which would have fixed that. However, the double clicking and sparkles all over took away from the enjoyment.
If they would make the tiles slide and remove some of the sparkle and flashes, I would purchase this game. As it is now, I am going to remove it.

Edited on 08/31/2012 at 1:57:08 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Disharmony Blocks

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 15, 12 7:21 PM
None of the above was any problem for me. Including the incapability of getting all gold off the board before hitting the level target--just took that as another challenge. (Not sure it's beatable on all levels, but once I started going for it, I made it each time.)

[Post New]by Dreamyst on Sep 30, 12 8:55 AM
I think it's a fun game Well, I like sparklies and BOOMS so yay, special effects

My biggest issue was that I missed clearing all the gold tiles on several levels - when I thought I had cleared them all. It could be that they were obscured by the glow on the bonus-score pieces. It slowed me down trying to make sure I had found them all - and even with extra care I still ended levels without obtaining the cleared-tile bonus :/

Also it's strange that there's no way to put yr player name on the score-profiles.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Nov 20, 12 11:59 AM
So now I can’t post my opinion on this FORUM because I feel very disappointed about some games especially this game; Well Here I Go anyway

There is no sliding in this game, which would make U run the game a little easier, as I didn’t read the start of how to play the game I hadn’t a clue what I was doing, there are so many instructions on the top of the screen which I didn’t understand. and when the crying blues squares starting to shake I kinda understood what was happening, but they still were no help towards the game; come on think again, put more thought into this game ''It is going all over the place'' I reached level 11. In the Demo and a def warning to U all don’t play this game with a few drinks in ye OK, LOL

Ria

and PS;PS;PS
I will be using the FORUMS from now~on because I have lost poosts as I thought they were added to me but I'm still only a Guppy

sorry for going on and on tonight I wanted to say this 4 a while

Ria Bonus

Go to: