bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 2, 12 12:29 AM
Welcome to Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring forum

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 2, 12 12:37 AM
While I was downloading I looked at the screen shots and wasn't terribly impressed, but the game is blowing me away! THe graphics are awesome. The comments the player (as in you) make about things are hilarious, and I love how your friend addresses you by the name you entered when you began the game. I was hooked right from the beginning, and that's tough for a vampire game. As much as I love vampires, I have a hard time finding games that grab me. I love Dracula: Love Kills and Blood Oath. This looks like it will be by #3 favorite vampire game. Can't wait to finish the demo and isn't it great there's a sale this weekend!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 2, 12 12:55 AM
I agree with Crowtrobot. The graphics are awesome and the music is perfectly eerie. I get a Dark Shadows feel with this game. I didn't even get off of the main menu screen as I shut it down to buy it. And looking at the walkthrough it doesn't look H0G crazy. Also there is an achievement sections where you pick up lions. BrowneyedTigre did an awesome job with the walkthrough by listing them at the bottom of the walkthrough with screen shots. Also I never really cared for the journal but this one is funny they way the author had written it. And the black bar comments are funny too. Another thing I like is that they put a reset button on their mini games. I wish all devs would do this please. This is definitely a 10/10 game. Definite buy. Especially on the sale you can't go wrong! Happy gaming!

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 1:23:18 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 2, 12 1:40 AM
Dang, forgot to input the sale code, so paid full price for this one But the game is worth it anyway.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 2, 12 1:53 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Dang, forgot to input the sale code, so paid full price for this one But the game is worth it anyway.

The word "WORKERS" comes automatically up in my shopping cart. Bought 2 separate games yesterday, and this one today, and each time the word "WORKERS" was already there.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Sep 2, 12 2:33 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Dang, forgot to input the sale code, so paid full price for this one But the game is worth it anyway.

Contact CS - they'll put it right for you I'm sure.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Sep 2, 12 2:59 AM
The graphics are not great but I don't care. It's lighthearted fun and entertainment. Puts even more emphasis on what a torturous time I had with Thursdays arduous CE. Interactive HOS and amusing dialogue. Flawless mechanics. Running around trying to save my silly friend, who is doing heaven knows what. That makes me want to find out, so much.

I love it. It's like coming out into the sun again after being locked in a dungeon for days.

A steal at the sale price. Thanks BF, you've cheered me up no end.

Just one thing - not a real vampire? Drinks fake blood? So how come the garlic aged him? Intriguing.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 3:00:32 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 2, 12 3:35 AM
I just came out of the game to say that I haven't had this much fun for a long time. I love the witty comments, and really enjoy the gameplay.

A great game.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 2, 12 4:47 AM
Valdy, I had fun with this one too. Just finished, so it was a good length also. I like games like this one that keep you involved. Some games feel 'flat', and then there are ones like this one, with the comments and player interaction that is just so much more fun to play. More like this one would keep me buying.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 2, 12 4:50 AM
I am loving this game! It is just....fun!

The black bar comments are so funny and sometimes give a bit of a "clue". The graphics are sharp and clear. The H0 scenes are good but sometimes an item IS hard to find....some interaction in them too. I haven't had the speakers on so cannot say about sounds, music, etc but I will turn them on when I start playing again. The game plays smoothly with no lagging between scenes or with the cursor.

I would love to see what is under that "fog" on the map!

Well, back to the game...to buy it!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 2, 12 7:27 AM
I wish some of you would rate this game outside the forums. On the title page. It is getting a very low rating there and I don't believe it deserves it. Perhaps you already have. I'm just saying.... I have never campaigned for a game before but I don't believe this deserve the bad rap it's getting.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Sep 2, 12 8:08 AM
i sometimes wonder if the reviewers on the title page and the forum page have played the same game.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Sep 2, 12 10:54 AM
I almost didn't give this one a trial because of the low ratings. I am happy that I did! What a nice surprise. It's clever, it's funny, and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. And on sale too! I like the way they incorporated your name into the game as well. Nicely done.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 2, 12 11:50 AM
I am appalled to see that someone on the main game page gave this game 1 star only, and said they deleted the game again after playing for THREE MINUTES!!

I just know that the reviews are not monitored first by real people, because otherwise this "review" would never have gone through.

Oh, and I made an exception and did post a review there myself.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 2, 12 3:11 PM
I think it's a shame that probably most members and non-members alike are only exposed to some of the two-line, one- "I only played this game for THREE minutes" front-page "reviews." Can we even make it through the "Player's Name" and "Options" menu in THREE minutes? (And the one I cite comes from a "Key Contributor"?). Gimme a break! This game can beat some CEs--graphics, story, humor. And BFG has given us a W/T, so who needs a built-in SG?

(Good for you, Valdy, for posting your review on the main page as well, and exposing a lot of folks (buyers?) to the positive aspects of gaming reviews!).

(Played about an hour now, and I'll say that this is one of THE best SEs that BFG has offered in a LONG time! No voiceovers? No problem! The writing in the dialogue boxes is wonderful!).

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 4:41:10 PM PST

[Post New]by bookgirl62 on Sep 2, 12 5:32 PM
I just would like to say that it was a surprise and a wonderful one to see my favorite posters on the "big page". I have never posted before; but have spent many enjoyable hours reading posts, even from several years back. (I guess this makes me a lurker, oh well...). When I saw Valdy's "up front" my mouth literally fell open! I had to see what was going on because I've learned since BFG instituted the official review page, to ignore it.
I always read the wonderful, engaging and often humorous back-and-forth that occurs on the forums. The recent survey scared me though, because I do not want them to change the format. Sometimes I definitely enjoy the posts more than the games. Each of you that post on a regular basis ARE SUCH AN ASSET TO THIS WEBSITE - I know I am going to leave out a ton of my favorites, but forgive me - elldee, WolfenRaindancer, Sheerija, SassyLassie, bratzgram, cbtx, cherbtoo, and gingergal, (Valdy you are to some degree our guru) and I should probably stop now. The humor, kindness, intelligence and respect that you interact with is so amazing and I would not be playing most of the incredibly fun games that I have enjoyed if it weren't for you all.
Thank you.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 2, 12 10:46 PM
Hey Bookgirl--You are indeed gracious with your words! (I "blush" at your inclusion of me!). And I agree with you that Valdy could be considered a "benchmark" for gaming reviews! But there are surely others that deserve that same title!

Doesn't she (and many others) do positive justice to this game? It's so good that the lot of reviews in the "forum" dilutes some of those on the "front" page? (However, all opinions are certainly welcome).

I think the "standout" of this game is its authorship--some of the best, most fun, written dialogue I've ever read! I do believe that we'll be seeing (and hearing a lot from) this developer in the future. I hope BFG pushes these folks to produce more games like this one!

Regards, elldee

amberfr1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by amberfr1 on Sep 3, 12 1:11 PM
I am stuck by the window trying to get the needle to sew the coat of arms but it won't do anything. any suggestions.

Go to: