bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

linda1942
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring technical issues here only

[Post New]by linda1942 on Sep 2, 12 11:26 AM
Played the demo and bought it. Now it has been an hour and the download is only at 2%. Uninstalled and tried again, same thing. Anyone else with this problem?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 2, 12 12:22 PM
Hi linda1942,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading this game!

If you haven't already done so, please check out the troubleshooting suggestions in the help article I'm linking below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you try those and the game is still not downloading correctly, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They can take a look at your computer and see what else might be causing things to go so slowly.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email and they'll get back to you right away.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 12:22:19 PM PST

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Game won't D/L

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Sep 2, 12 2:01 PM
The game won't download,,,I've tried everything and it still won't d/l,,,I click on it and the screen just reloads ... anyone else have this problem ?? this is on the TRY not the BUY

[Post New]by sandramcadams on Sep 2, 12 10:46 PM
I have installed and uninstalled this game 4 times. I have used 3 different browsers IE,Mozilla and Google Chrome. When I try to play the game only the top 3/4 of the game shows and the bottom 1/4 is my wall paper. I am using a pc that is about 1 month old and the only problem I have had is Mozilla will not let me use Big Fish for any reason but the other browsers are good to use.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 3, 12 2:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

DebbieAnnie - If you have tried the steps bfgMonongahela posted I would recommend that you get in contact with our Tech Support and to include a Dr. Felix with your message so they can have a look at that for you.

sandramcadams - It sounds like the problems you are experiencing could be connected to your drivers needing a small update. This is often also the case when your computer is new. You can easily check this with some steps you can find here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If these steps don't solve the problem I would advise you to contact our Tech Support as well. They are available 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope and clicking Contact Us on the next page.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Sep 3, 12 9:38 AM
[b]I have downloaded the game ,signed in and clicked on the play button ,I get a hour glass and the words please wait , but this is all I get , I can't get into the game it self, it will not load , any one have any ideas on what to do?, PLEASE HELP.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 3, 12 11:18 AM
Hi DELLS148,

In this case I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game first. This won't lose your place in the game if you've started it at one point already, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

The next step I would try is restarting your computer, then trying to run your game in administrator mode. I've found this can help if a game isn't opening. If you click the link below, it will take you to a help article that will walk you through the steps on how to do this:

Run Game as Administrator

However, if your game is still not opening even after trying all these, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support department and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look with you. For more information on how to do that, just click the link below:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by katiesnan on Sep 4, 12 4:21 PM
I can't play this game, when I try to lauch it it tells me an older version of flash is installed, but I have the latest version. I even used the flash uninstaller before I installed the latest version
Please help

Edit: It's ok I sorted it. I had the flash plugin installed as opposed to the activex one

Edited on 09/05/2012 at 2:49:06 AM PST

[Post New]by mcavangh on Sep 5, 12 8:35 AM
Hint tells me to examine chest of drawers in bedroom. I go to room, try to check chest of drawers, and am unable to do so.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 5, 12 10:42 AM
Hi mcavangh,

Have you checked our Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring Walkthrough? It's a great guide that goes through the whole game and shows you where everything is and how to solve the puzzles. It should give you more information about how to check the chest of drawers, or - if you scroll back a couple pages - anything else that may need done elsewhere before the game will let you check there. You can take a look at the walkthrough by clicking the blue text above.

But if you scroll through there and are still having trouble moving on in the game, it could be that there is some sort of technical issue going on. In that case, please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can take a look at how the game is running on your computer and troubleshoot with you directly to get things resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Sound ???

[Post New]by leyahn on Sep 6, 12 5:38 PM
Keeps cutting out
every time the scene changes or I click on something
If I switch away from the game to the desktop the sound comes back on

Seems like an interesting game - but no sound means no play for me.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 7, 12 11:16 AM
Hi leyahn,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. If the game is cutting out or closing, our help article here may provide some tips that could get it running normally:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know what's happening and they'll be happy to look into that for you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Sep 8, 12 9:57 AM
I have just started to play the game. Well, I tried. When I started the program, the whole thing was off-set on my monitor. I can only see what would be the left half of the game. The rest is off the right side of the screen, somehow. Everything is shifted to the right.

I have never seen that before. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ps. Sorry....I run a Windows- based, Lenovo all-in-one desktop with Vista (32bit) OS.

*** OK, after I paniced and posted this, I went back to the game and fiddled a bit. I rebooted my computer and tried to run the game as administrator. It worked. The game was centered on my monitor and played through just fine.

Thanks for being here!

C

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 2:33:52 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Sep 9, 12 1:54 PM
I'm finding that if I click too far down on the screen (like, to open inventory) that my Windows toll bar pops in and the top inch of the game screen disappears. Finding this rather annoying as the only way to correct it is to exit and reopen. Any suggestions?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 9, 12 4:25 PM
cnicolls: I'm glad to hear your game is working again!

kgustavson: In this case I might try adjusting your screen resolution just a bit. This should help keep the game full screen, but may help your comptuer react to the game a little better. For more information on how to do this, just click this link here: Screen Resolution

However, if the game is still not letting you click too far down without giving you trouble, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this with you and this will help our team better track any issues:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

JennyPerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by JennyPerry on Sep 15, 12 4:36 AM
I too cannot access the chest of drawers in Shandors bedroom - and I seem to have done everything else . Oh help !

JennyPerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by JennyPerry on Sep 15, 12 4:45 AM
Its definitely a bug ! I have moved on in the game and still cannot access the wretched middle drawer. Checked the walkthrough too. Is there a patch, please ?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 19, 12 11:58 AM
Hi JennyPerry,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble moving on in the game.

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them a Dr. Felix Report. This will not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer to get this issue resolved, but it will also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support Team and send in that information in the post we've created here

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 10, 12 1:41 AM
On an iMac running LION -- extreme cursor lag. Also, had to keyboard quit out of game after it hung clicking "yes". I was quite sure I wanted to quit.

Go to: