bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 2, 12 1:10 AM
Played 30 minutes, casual.

- 2 modes : casual, expert
- Notebook where you can see your achievements and progress
- Map, you can jump from one place to another
- You collect lions through the game, which allows you to access more mini games
- Hint button useful outside H0
- Skip button
- Reset button in puzzles
- You interact in H0, objects are sometimes small and not easy to spot
- Good graphics

This looks like a nice SE, different vampire story, a vampire drinking synthetic blood is a good fun idea

ETA : will buy with a punch card credit

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 1:23:34 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 2, 12 1:41 AM
Morning, morning, and good morning...

Well, what a nice surprise (beware: there are biters and suckers about, oh my...).

There are 2 gameplay modes. In Easy mode you don't get a click penalty, but in Hard mode you do.

There is a choice between custom and system cursor.

There is no voice-over, there is no widescreen (for those who are interested).

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are interactive. In Easy mode, when you move your cursor over one of the words in the list, it will show you a silhouette of this object.

The HINT button only takes 30 seconds to refill in Easy mode.
When clicking on the HINT button outside of the iHOS, you are told exactly what to do next.

Your DIARY is at the left. Inside you will also find your ACHIEVEMENTS: find 20 LIONS throughout the game to play the MINI GAME, which you can find on the MAIN MENU page: The Lion at the bottom left.

The HINT button is at the right.

Also at the right is your MAP, which you can use to jump. Just click on another destination that has footprints showing, and a picture of this destination comes up. Point to this picture, and you get a "Forward" cursor. Click and you are transported to this place.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes about 40 seconds to fill in Easy mode.

--- --- ---

Well, I am having fun with this game. My name comes up all over the place, which makes it more interactive for me. LOL Graphics are good as well, and it's a buy for me.

Poutoule, you should have gotten this game in the sale!!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 2, 12 2:04 AM
From a dev I'm not familiar with comes this terrific game involving mysterious doings at a remote Romanian castle. As the player, your job is to figure out the nature of the disappearance of your friend at the hands of a supposed vampire.

The story is very well told without taking itself too seriously----which adds to the fun.

The graphics are very nice and the game play is flawless.

There is a map which allows you jump to some places, some not.

There are lions to find to unlock a puzzle found on the main menu.

No widescreen, but then again, they aren't asking double money either so that's not a deal-breaker.

This game features a lot of clever humor, and that adds to the overall "fun-to-play" aspect. This is a nice derivative vampire type game that stands out from the crowd, and it's a buy for me!

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 2, 12 2:10 AM
Just like to ditto everything said so far, I really love the humour, but most of all I love the clear graphics in the hidden objects without bright lights or any flickering and NO falling leaves or snowflakes etc to distract me.

What an enjoyable game this is.

Linda

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 2, 12 5:08 AM
Good Morning everyone Rule number one while on tour in Transylvania never choose a guide that just lets you wander off on your own especially when there is a massive dark and spooky castle looming in the distance, yeah big no no. Rule number two no matter how much you like your friend that your with don't wander off with them especially if you know they are headed directly for the massive dark and spooky castle looming in the distance that only spells trouble especially if the guy that greets you at the gate is tall, pale, wearing a black cloak has sharp teeth, and looks like he's thirsty for blood, this is not a good situation to be in turn around and leave your friend let him find his own way out of this mess after all it was his idea that you leave the tour in the first place.

This is a really nice game with some really cool humor in it. The graphics are nice in some places it did seem to me that some were more detailed than others but that could just be my sleepy eyes playing tricks on me. The puzzles so far haven't been all that hard the only one I growled at was the pipes not my favorite of puzzles.

In the hos the objects are fairly easy to find but some of them are a little on the dark side which can make it harder to find to things. Navigation so far has been easy you have a elevator that you cruise around in so that makes it a little easier.

There is a journal and map and the hint button which is all down at the bottom of the screen. There is a bonus mini game that is offered but you have to collect lions to activate it I think it's twenty lions in all. The music isn't that bad it's just one tone basically kinda gloomy sounding like you would expect to find in Dracula's castle.

I've only played the demo but I will be buying it because it has all the fun and spooky elements plus a little humor thrown in here and there. So far the only thing that has really scared me was the sheep that came to life yeah almost turned my chair over on that one but all in all it seems to be a very good game and with the sale it's worth it. I would also like to say I like how the game remembers your name it's makes it more personal like you are apart of the game, nice touch there dev's Give the demo a try it's most definitely worth that. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for giving us yet another great and spooky game even if the vampire's drinking habits are a little different than his ancestors. Have fun everybody.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 6:30:37 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Sep 2, 12 6:54 AM
REVIEW OF COMPLETED GAME
Excellent game from these - first timers? If they are, they really get it. Everything is done right and it plays like silk. At first I didn't think much of the graphics and I still think they could be a little better. But very soon that did not matter because it's so well thought out and executed. There was one sticky moment at the end when it went a little haywire, but it did not last long.

It has an excellent SG in the hint button, so never needed the WT. Skip is fast, but the puzzles were mostly very doable for me, for a change. Nice little plot - brother against brother. Even though is has a dark theme, they still managed to keep it light and airy. No mean feat. Music was passable. The HOS were really good and interactive as well.

I spent 4 hours on it and enjoyed it immensely. It has humour, the fun factor, creativity and is an all round jolly good play.

Well done, devs. Keep it up. Would like more from you.

Forgot to say there are collectables, which unlock a mini-game. Found it very entertaining. Nice to get a reward for collectables for a change. In many games collectables have no point to them. Nice addition. It also has a jump map but I stopped using that quite early because I really enjoyed moving through the different rooms. There are a lot of rooms, but it is very easy to remember your way around.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 7:18:32 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 2, 12 6:57 AM
I am certainly getting this game! It may not be the most difficult but loved the storyline and even though there aren't voice overs the humor is there

The HOS are a bit interactive and mini games are easy enough not to frustrate. Even connecting pipes was easy enough in this
It moves along so fast that it really keeps you involved in the story. The map is done differently. It lets you move only to connected rooms and I found that I liked that idea.

There are many great reviews before this post so I will leave it at that. I am off to play some more before everyone gets up and I have to quit

Have a fantastic Labor Day weekend Fishies!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 2, 12 7:21 AM
I agree with Sheerija completely! I would like to see more from this developer also. I was getting bored with the same old thing. This made me smile and I had to have it

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Sep 2, 12 7:36 AM
The only complaint i can make is the demo was so very very short!
Other than that, I found the game very enjoyable.
I like the inter-active map, makes things so much easier to move around the game. Thanks developers for making that possible.
It's a buy for me!
thanks to big fish also, keep up the great work

[Post New]by Grandmajacky on Sep 2, 12 8:30 AM
I've just spent almost all day playing on this little gem of a game, I can't say much more about it cos everything's been said, but the little touches of humour and the reference to my name made me smile broadly, the puzzles were a mix of classic and new and although I did skip a couple I will definitely play again - the game issued me a challenge to do it on hard mode, so here goes. The only downside was the ending, I wanted to know the connection, and without the usual 'to be continued' I was left confused, will there be another - I damn well hope so!

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Sep 2, 12 8:52 AM
Just finished the demo. Will buy after reading the reviews. Thanks. have a great Labor Day.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Sep 2, 12 9:14 AM
This game is a gem. I really enjoyed the entire game (especially the humor). The graphics were pretty good and the music wasn't anoying. All the previous reviews hit it on the button.

Thanks BFG and devs for a very nice SE on a sale day (I would have paid full price for this one).

Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 2, 12 9:19 AM
Love any game that makes me feel like I am a part of the game like this one does. If these are new Devs then all I can say is they really did their homework before developing the game. It is very enjoyable to play. Thanks Devs and please do more!!! Thumbs up to you Big Fish for bringing us such a wonderful little game.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 2, 12 12:05 PM
A definite buy for me. I enjoyed the humor, the graphics were clear, the puzzles were doable, and the fun factor is high, In all it is a great SE without the bells and whistles I feel are un-needed such as Screen saver, concept art, etc. I look forward to more from this developer

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 2, 12 12:09 PM
When I first started the demo, wasn't thinking that it would be much but was I surprised. I really got into the game and it ended way too soon. The graphics are good, music creepy and puzzles fun. Storyline looks to be interesting. I will give this a 3 out of 5 stars and put it on my short list to buy.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 2, 12 12:23 PM
Not certain how long the game is, but it is a rather campy from a new dev I believe. The humor is corny, but cute. I am still not finished with the exasperating CE from last Thursday, which I have really begun to hate (too many locations and it just drags on), but I tried this new game and really like it. Many times we give reviews quickly before many of us have had a chance to really get into these games. I am noticing that many of the games I have given a rave review, have turned out to be very cumbersome and annoying as more time is spent on the game. Last Thursday's CE should have ended long before it did, was way to laborious in detail and way too many locations which you were not able to use the map to get to. So..... right now I like this game. The HOG items are easy to find and the puzzles are easy as well. I will give it a thumb's up. However, I feel that by commenting on these games, people take them seriously at times, and without spending time playing the best part of the game, we really are not in a position to evaluate them. So, in the future, I am planning to spend a few hours before commenting. I was really burned by the last CE, and realize I would like more detail before purchasing a game again!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 2, 12 12:34 PM
I just finished the game. What a lot of fun this was. I really enjoyed the gameplay, and the witty comments. Lots of humour made this a light-hearted fun game.

Judging by the end, it looks like we are in for a sequel.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Sep 2, 12 1:26 PM

Really good, interactive, personalized game with a sense of humor yet maintains the creepy suspense as well.

Definitely was pleasantly surprised with this one.

Go to: