bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystika: Between Light and Shadow

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 3, 12 12:29 AM
The magic world of Lumina needs a new hero! It's up to you to face Tenebria, the queen of the dark world in the original Match 3 game, Mystika: Between Light and Shadow! Your adventure will lead you to incredible places such as eerie caves, mystic castles and scary crypts. Collect powerful spells, rescue your friends the "Luminos" and banish monsters to make your way through this enchanted world. The journey of your life is about to begin.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

Re:Mystika: Between Light and Shadow

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 3, 12 8:06 PM
This is a nice change. Unlike some other fishes, I like the little monsters creeping in every once in a while...match three games can get a little boring after a while and they wake you up. This game has one HO at each of the six levels to gain a magic power to help you in the match levels. I did buy it after using the full hour of trial because sometimes you just want to relax and veg out and play. The hint refills quickly, it is easy to leave the game, and as Valdy mentioned you can play untimed (which is advisable the first few rounds). Can't add much to the other reviews (they are always so thorough, but give this game a try. It does become quite addictive.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Mystika: Between Light and Shadow

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 17, 12 3:55 PM
caseymom wrote:This is a nice change. Unlike some other fishes, I like the little monsters creeping in every once in a while...match three games can get a little boring after a while and they wake you up. This game has one HO at each of the six levels to gain a magic power to help you in the match levels. I did buy it after using the full hour of trial because sometimes you just want to relax and veg out and play. The hint refills quickly, it is easy to leave the game, and as Valdy mentioned you can play untimed (which is advisable the first few rounds). Can't add much to the other reviews (they are always so thorough, but give this game a try. It does become quite addictive.

I have to say that I'm pro and con about the little demons as they were cute but rather annoying in the later levels -- showing up far more often than I would've liked and creating havoc for me before I even realized that they'd appeared. The bat caused me to lose a level as I KNEW I'd cleared an area and then I zapped the little guy and didn't realize until too late that he'd already turned a tile in a corner before I'd seen him; smart aleck

MEnr56

Go to: