bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Mystika: Between Light and Shadow

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 3, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mystika: Between Light and Shadow? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mystika: Between Light and Shadow page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystika: Between Light and Shadow

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 3, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 3, 12 1:18 AM
There is not much new here, but that does not stop this game from being enjoyable. The story is minimal, the graphics simple but very colorful and your matches are made quickly with no lag time in between so you can get into a nice fast moving rhythm. There are power ups and achievements to earn. In the half hour I played there was one hidden object scene where you earned your power ups. there are five more to earn and a good number of levels to go. One of the best mechanics of this game is when you want to quit you just hit the save and quit button and surprise you are out of the game and have not been asked three or four times if you are sure you want to quit. Developers take note.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 3, 12 1:24 AM
Rats! This is a well made, playworthy M3/HOG, and I would have bought it if it weren't for that bird popping up all the time. I really hate having to click on it at least 5 times in a row and fast (!) to make it disappear. It disturbs my relaxed gameplay in the untimed mode.

Pity devs, good game, but not for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 3, 12 1:44 AM
Morning, all...

When you first get to the Main Page and click on "Options", you can reduce the music and sound, but you can't declick the "Tutorial" nor the "Timed" button.

After you have added your name, you can then go back into "Options" and then you can declick those 2 options.

There is only a custom cursor.

While making matches, you can continue to make them while other tiles are still breaking up.

There will be different animals to deal with: a bat will fly about and add the odd tile here and there unless you shoot it down.

There was also a turtle that wants to prevent you from doing certain things. Again, you have to shoot at it to get rid of it.

I am sure there will be other animals to deal with, but haven't come across them yet.

There are also trophies to be won.

There are HOS (hidden object scenes), but not many. With each HOS you earn a power-up. I think there were 6 in all. So I assume that you get one HOS per world you play.
The HINT button for the HOS takes about 30 seconds to refill.

--- --- ---

This is a nice M3 game, but I really don't like having to deal with the intrusion of various creatures while playing, so I won't buy this game.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 3, 12 1:56 AM
Good morning everyone Ay Caramba put on your wizard's hat and grab your wand it's time to whip up some potions and cast some spells. This is one kicking match 3 from a new developer at least this is the first time I've seen this developer and boy did they do a great job ! If Harry, Hermione and Ron were to make a match 3 this would be the one it's full of magic, fantasy, mystery and tons of fun ! It's more than just match 3 there are some hidden object scenes as well.

You don't have to wait to make your matches it just keeps rolling, also watch out for bats, turtles, and spiders while your making your matches or they will do whatever they can to mess you up by placing extra tiles, locks, and messing up your spells that you can cast but have no fear you can banish them when you see them on the board put the target it on them and start clicking to get rid of them.

In the options you can change and switch to no timer if you want to. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous very clear,bright and vibrant colors. Your match tokens consist of cauldrons, books, mushrooms and potion bottles. There are several spells you gain as you go there is one where you break all the tiles surrounding it and these two little white things come flying out and they look just like quidditch balls.

There are also other achievements and trophies you win as well. Down at the bottom of the screen are your spells and power ups you unlock. You travel to several different places on your quest and it looks like the game will be a good length. It didn't take me long into the demo before I knew I would be buying this one in fact I hadn't even completed half of the first board and I was hooked.

If you love match 3 and have been waiting for a good one then definitely give this one a try I don't think you'll be disappointed it really has a lot going for it and enough different things going on that you want get bored. I've only done the demo but so far I am loving this one it's full of magic, beauty, fantasy and most of all fun.

I'm hoping we will be seeing more from this developer because they did a awesome job on this one. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for a great and long awaited match 3 that let's me dabble in magic. Have fun everybody.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 2:09:39 AM PST

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on Sep 3, 12 1:58 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It is timed or untimed, you have trophies to earn and hidden object games to get power-up's.

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Sep 3, 12 3:12 AM
It's all been covered above. I like this game and bought it..having alot of fun with it, so you have to deal with a few animals...no big deal. This game is going straight into my insomnia file. I like magic and spells in a game...smooth and fun game.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 3, 12 3:57 AM
CasualGran wrote:Rats! This is a well made, playworthy M3/HOG, and I would have bought it if it weren't for that bird popping up all the time. I really hate having to click on it at least 5 times in a row and fast (!) to make it disappear. It disturbs my relaxed gameplay in the untimed mode.

Pity devs, good game, but not for me.

LOL, I was going to write the same! So stunning graphics, relaxed option, promising plot...and a very very annoying bird to shoot!!! I am very very lousy shooter... .

Is there any option to cancel this bird option?...

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 3:59:11 AM PST

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Sep 3, 12 5:03 AM
The "annoying bird" is a bat. I too wish that there was an option not to have the animals or "monsters" as the devs call them interfering with game play. That said this is a nice match 3 game with the standard match3 rules which is the way I like it. I am very disappointed when I see a match3 game where you have to do all sorts of fancy selecting to make the matches. Some of the objects are rather hard to find but it soesn't detract from the enjoyment of the game. I will probably buy this either with my coupon code or on the discount offer.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 3, 12 5:33 AM
Thanks Devs for a bright, colorful and just plain fun M3/HOG!
The gameplay is smooth and moves as quickly as you want to play it!
And A Huge Thanks for being able to "disable" the timer!
I am enjoying this game a lot and it was an almost instant buy for me after checking it out!
Happy Gaming All!
BK

Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Sep 3, 12 5:34 AM
I LOVE IT! At last a found an insomniac like me! I guess the older you get, the more you figure you will have plenty of time to SLEEP (Euphamism!)

This game is really great. I just wish that you could take this game and add levels. It reminds me of Cave Quest - just a little. Happy Labor Day, all!

Well, fishies, see you all around the pond!

Diane

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Sep 3, 12 5:43 AM
Have to buck the trend here. I will not be buying this game - I just don't think it's special enough to warrant it. I like M3s, but aside from the bats and turtles, I didn't see anything here I haven't seen before (and I found the shooting the bats and turtles annoying - I couldn't find any logic behind what constituted a "hit" - it seemed to me to be totally random). The tiles on the boards were small, though the images were not difficult to see. I found the graphics to be old-fashioned and not up to the standards I expect from an M3 these days. The game this most reminded me of was Puzzle Park, although unlike PP, you can slide tiles while other tiles are still dropping (a big drawback for PP, IMHO), but the colors and graphics are brighter and better in PP. The HO scene I came across was dark, with objects that were difficult to see. I can't speak to music, as I had the sound turned off. I'm sure there will be many who will enjoy this game (the previous reviews prove that, LOL), but it's just not for me.

Happy gaming, all. Off to play more Rainbow Web 3!

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Sep 3, 12 6:03 AM
annoying and to easy no buy

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 3, 12 7:21 AM
I played the hour demo. Very nicely made - excellent aesthetics. I like the added goal of releasing the luminos (or whatever they're called). The power-ups are pleasant to use, and their explosions aren't overly loud like they are in many other games.

I, too, hate the pest control click-fest - and pray that some of the 4 remaining power-ups deal with that.

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Sep 3, 12 7:24 AM
I like M3 games. I would have enjoyed this new one if it weren't for the bats, etc. They obviously were invented to add a bit of difficulty to the game since you have to deal with them while trying to make matches. They appear quite frequently on each level. My hand is sore from having to fire rapid hits on them. Shame. I would have bought this game.
PS Devs, if you are going to invest time and money in creating M3 games, the most successful ones give you something to be creative with - like aquariums, gardens, restaurants, mansions. You get the point.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Sep 3, 12 7:56 AM
MABJBMB wrote:I like M3 games. I would have enjoyed this new one if it weren't for the bats, etc. They obviously were invented to add a bit of difficulty to the game since you have to deal with them while trying to make matches. They appear quite frequently on each level. My hand is sore from having to fire rapid hits on them. Shame. I would have bought this game.
PS Devs, if you are going to invest time and money in creating M3 games, the most successful ones give you something to be creative with - like aquariums, gardens, restaurants, mansions. You get the point.

And an excellent one it is.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystika: Between Light and Shadowy

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Sep 3, 12 8:40 AM
Let me begin with "I love Match 3's". My second favorite is hidden object so I get both with this game. As far as I can tell the HOs are few and far between. First for all the palyers who want untimed, there is an untimed mode but not sure if it is really needed. I got to the second part of the Quest in the hour demo and have not run out or come close to running out of time. Very smooth transfer of tiles and falling of tiles. You can make matches while tiles are falling. I haven't seen that in any of the new games for a while. If there is anything I hate it is having to click on a tile and then click on the tile where you want to switch. I will not buy any game that makes you do that! This is a definte buy for me although it is pretty easy. I did find the bats, spiders and turtles annoying but they are killed very quickly and a good Match 3 comes along so rarely that I am going to overlook this flaw and BUY!

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Sep 3, 12 8:57 AM
Im on the fence with this game. Got to level 2 something in the demo.Its pretty easy so far.Just wondering from those of you that are buying the game.does it get any harder. There is plenty of time in the timed mode to finish a board. The spiders add chains ,not sure about and why all the bugs . If they did something could be interesting.Thanks for any info . Happy Labor Day !!
Ok Im going to buy. Im all about match 3's lately. KInda over HOGS for awhile.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 8:59:24 AM PST

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Sep 3, 12 9:18 AM
Graphics well done, sounds were good. Nice that the explosions were muted. Got to middle of level 2 in the hour I played. Didn't mind the "pest control" although seemed a useless add on. Although this looks good, will probably wait for this to be a DD or something. Just not all that interesting and could see it getting a little harder, just not that hard at all. The HOS were very easy, but I only used one of the power-ups one time. If you are a real fan of M3, give it a try. As for me (I generally like a good M3) this one was a tad boring.

Go to: