are they making another one??? NB - CONTAINS SPOILERS!

[Post New]by athomewithfamily on Sep 3, 12 2:29 PM
OMG after all that she still dont' have her parents.. does anyone know if they will make another game ???

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 4:12:27 AM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

Re:are they making another one???

[Post New]by Liasmani on Sep 3, 12 2:43 PM
I think you should put the word spoiler on the thread for those who didn't play the game.

I don't think that the developers are going to make another game for this series. The summary of the game said "epic conclusion."

One of the characters at the beginning had mentioned that the parents of the princess had stayed behind to stop the villain.

gbo1
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,979 Posts

[Post New]by gbo1 on Sep 3, 12 7:03 PM
Athomewithfamily, elsewhere in this forum there is a post heading called THANK YOU FROM BOOMZAP. Chris, one of the developers actually did a Q & A. He did address this issue of a possible future game in a response to a gamer. ***POSSIBLE SPOILER*** His response was confusing for a moment, but I finally figured it out. The story of Princess Sophia has come to an end based on the inital story in the 4 installments. He did hint that there is the possibility of a future story for Sophia. Please find his post and read. I may be wrong in what I understood him to convey.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 7:21:00 PM PST

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Sep 3, 12 9:35 PM
Well, that kind of ruined the story for me.

gbo1
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,979 Posts

[Post New]by gbo1 on Sep 4, 12 8:05 AM
ValerieG, I'm so sorry if anything I wrote ruined the game for you. I would never do that deliberately. I tried not to do that accidentally, that's why I included POSSIBLE SPOILER in my post. I was just trying to help another fishy. When I saw the heading on this thread I was looking for a thread where those of us who had finished the game could openly discuss it. But that was not the case. It was just a simple question that I tried to help with.

The cats been out of the bag on this issue since Aug. 23. SPOILER In the review thread on Aug 23 it was stated that the game ended in a cliffhanger. On Aug 27, in the comments thread, it was simply stated exactly how the bonus game ended. Even the developer, Chris, explained the the game ending and possible future adventures in his thread on Aug. 23rd. I love to read all the discussions in the threads on games I play. So imagine my surprise when I hadn't played the game yet. But these things happen. So I took the information, help hints in advance and glowing reviews to heart and played the game for the first 3 days of September.

I loved the game. I look forward to what BoomZap may one day do with Sophia. Please forgive me if I unknowingly put a damper on the game. I hope you play and enjoy the game as much as I did.

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Sep 4, 12 4:39 PM
gbo1, I wasn't referring to your post, I actually quit reading your whole post when you said "Possible spoiler".

It was the original poster who spilled the beans about her parents. The subject line he/she posted didn't reflect that it would give the end of the story

gbo1
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,979 Posts

[Post New]by gbo1 on Sep 4, 12 5:01 PM
ValerieG, you're good. It takes a lot of disciple to stop reading after you see the words "spoiler". I can stop, too, but I'm bitting my tongue.

Thank you for taking the time to ease my mind. I love reading and replying in these threads, but I'd stop if I'd ever cause hurt or frustration to anyone. Have a lovely evening. I still hope you'll play the game for just the gameplay. The game has all the good and bad stated in the reviews and comments, and I loved it.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

Re:are they making another one??? NB - CONTAINS SPOILERS!

[Post New]by bootsky on Sep 7, 12 6:30 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!I was so disappointed with the ending I expected a nice fairy tale ending....you know, they all lived happily ever after! I hope they do another game just so we can get Sophie out of the clutches of the pirates. I was pleased to see I was not the only one that felt this way.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:are they making another one??? NB - CONTAINS SPOILERS!

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Sep 7, 12 7:52 AM
For those who wish another Awakening game, good luck and I hope you get your wish. For me, good riddance! Did not like the story, I'm fed up with "cute" games, wish I could have strangled the princess, the owl and the dragon, and the Bonus game was a total disappointment! Count me out.

Go to: