Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

What If I Ignore the Pop Up Gremlins?

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Sep 3, 12 8:45 PM
Is it possible to complete a level if I just let the little bird and/or turtle float by and don't shoot them?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:What If I Ignore the Pop Up Gremlins?

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 4, 12 12:01 AM
Hi Bilyeu

Yes, you can just ignore them. After a while they will be gone again. If you play in untimed mode, and you aren't too bothered with them, you can just leave them along. They will disappear again by themselves.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Sep 4, 12 3:22 PM
Oops, perhaps not so easily ignored after all.

One astute reviewer posted in the review thread to let us know that pests fall off when you make matches under them. Good to know! But I confess I never noticed that because I've been taking a more pro-active approach and I whack them as soon as I see them so that they can't play havoc with my game!

Otherwise, those pesky pests each have their own brand of nasty to complicate things. Some create chains, some create metal blocks, some turn blocks gold. I think some, if not all, multiply if not whacked or eliminated by making matches as mentioned above.

I just started Chapter 5 and you should see the new pest introduced there! It's a big BIG spider and he plants chains, double chains I think.

Along with big BIG spider came the 5th bonus "wipe out all monsters". But you have to make enough matches to charge it and I'm not sure how long that takes -- and in the meantime, big BIG spider is planting double chains. Would he multiply too if you didn't quickly whack him? If I remember to try that, I'll edit this post to give that info.
Edit: If there's already a chain, he doubles it. Otherwise he makes single chains where there were none.

Some folks labeled this M-3 boring, but I'm enjoying figuring out the strategy to quickly through the levels and not be over-run by all those pests.

Edited on 09/05/2012 at 8:18:03 AM PST

Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Sep 6, 12 4:31 PM
I am enjoying the game a lot more since I stopped chasing the creatures all over the screen. If one gets directly in my path I zap it a time or two... otherwise I let falling tiles and time kill them off. That way I can concentrate on the game play.

I hope one of the bonuses down the line is a "shuffle" button.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 17, 12 3:47 PM
Bilyeu5 wrote:I am enjoying the game a lot more since I stopped chasing the creatures all over the screen. If one gets directly in my path I zap it a time or two... otherwise I let falling tiles and time kill them off. That way I can concentrate on the game play.

I hope one of the bonuses down the line is a "shuffle" button.

Sorry to say, no "shuffle" button

MEnr56

geohunter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by geohunter on Sep 28, 12 12:37 PM
You get points for killing them depending on how fast you kill them. I just finished the first mode. It then goes to expert mode and gets a lot tougher. There's also more monsters/gremlins, too. Kill the spiders first because they can make chains. One more thing. You get trophies for the number of them you kill.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 10, 13 8:32 AM
Just tried 50 minutes of demo on this and at the Daily Deal price today, it would be a buy for me if it were not for the "pop-up gremlins".

Removing them before they can do damage requires a LOT of extra clicking, thus tiring out my fingers. But, as Kdubs pointed out, ignoring them opens me up to all kinds of extra work to succeed with each Match-3 level. Since I played in untimed mode, and when there were only the bat and the turtle gremlins to deal with, I thought I'd just ignore them to save my fingers, but as I moved into additional levels, they added another gremlin. I suspect even more of them would be added in the levels on ahead.

I wouldn't mind so much if only one click was needed to remove each one, but the multiple fast clicking is so hard on the hands that I feel I must pass on this one.

I'm so disappointed. I've been hoping to add a new Match-3 to my collection and this would have been the one were it not for the gremlins.

Classicaljazz

Go to: