bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Frederic: Resurrection of Music

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 5, 12 12:46 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Frederic: Resurrection of Music ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Frederic: Resurrection of Music page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Frederic: Resurrection of Music

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 5, 12 12:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Sep 5, 12 5:34 AM
Guitar Hero for piano.

Lots of technical options, screen resolution, graphics quality, and input. Looks like you can play it with a game control, mouse(not the default) arrow keys or letters on the keyboard( you can choose which keys).

Too choose the keys, click on Input Options on the main menu screen (not the Graphics/Input window). Click on a piano key with your cursor and then click on a key on the keyboard. That way you can play with both hands.

There are four difficulty levels, Too Easy, Normal, Hard and Chopin.

The muses have raised Frederic Chopin from the dead to battle against a modern day one man electronic band. Why? They don't say. This opening cut scene is fairly long - there is a total of one hour of cut scenes. There are no instructions, apparently they assume you know what to do.

I played for few minutes. There are 7 wires leading to your keyboard. Notes appear and you have to wait until they touch the key before you click on that key. I played on Too Easy mode and was hopeless, but hopefully that's because it took me a while to figure out how to play. (I also really need a manicure - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. )

Looks like it would be lots of fun for kids. I'll try it again when I have some time. There are also demo versions for the iDevices. I might try one of those too.

There is a great review by megwoman25 on the game page.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Sep 5, 12 6:14 AM
Awful, awful, awful!

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Dec 7, 12 12:46 AM
A new word for "awful" needs to be invented to describe this game. One of the worst ever. Couldn't uninstall it fast enough. The cut scene was interminably long, without the option to skip. Bad graphics, bad electronic music, bad storyline.

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 12:51:09 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 7, 12 6:01 AM
I agree the cut scenes are lengthy, but they can be skipped using the space bar.

I like it!

It's not going to be for everyone (does require fast keyboard and/or mouse responses), but if you like games like Mevo (I as do) then this one's definitely worth at least a demo IMO & I expect I'll be buying.

What I found will take more practice than Mevo is that instead of playing with just 2 keys or l/r mouse buttons as in Mevo, this time there are 7 piano keys to cover.

I preferred to play mainly using the mouse and I managed to pass the 2 tunes in the demo just using the mouse and not knowing that there were ways to get bonus points by pressing extra keys on the keyboard as well as hitting the right 'piano' notes.

If you want to use the keyboard as well or instead: The default control set up uses ASDF for the white keys and WER for the black keys between them but, in the input settings section, you can chose any keyboard keys to represent the 6 piano keys (just select a key on the screen with your mouse - it turns green and whatever keyboard key you press next becomes the one for that note).

After you finish a tune there is a cut scene of you (hopefully LOL) vanquishing the opponent - can skip that using the space bar - and then a screen with the word 'Musicality' followed by your score which includes a measure of your accuracy as well as other things (which made me immediately want to go again to improve my accuracy ).

I suggest starting with the 'too easy' play option, as I did & trying to play a tune first without worrying about all the bonus symbols and what they mean - just concentrating on trying to hit the right notes at the right time and doing that until a bit more comfortable with it and seeing which works best for you, mouse or keyboard, and which keys you would like to use if using keyboard.

If you start a level then want to change your control options or restart without playing to the end first: The pause symbol at top right of the screen gives the option to 'play again' which restarts that level or to go to 'main menu'. If you want to resume instead, you'll see that the pause button has become a play button - so that's how to resume.

to be contd...........

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 6:36:30 AM PST

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 7, 12 6:01 AM

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 6:51:10 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 7, 12 6:05 AM
.... contd

Then, once you are more comfortable with the basic controls - have a look at the help section because it explains when the optimum time to hit a note is and also what the long green tail on a note means (spoiler: hold it down until the end of the green tail) as well as what the green sideways arrows mean (spoiler: press an arrow key at same time as note, although I passed just fine without knowing that and without doing it) and what the golden letters which sometimes rise up if you are doing well mean (spoiler: it's a chance for a extra bonus points - you get extra points if you can hit that letter on your keyboard before it disappears of the top of the display area).

At first it seems a bit much to try to do the notes and the extra things all at the same time, but I like that because it means the level is passable without it, but those (who me? ) who love to be perfectionists about their game scores will also still be able to challenge themselves to do better on further attempts.

Anyone who gets easily frustrated if they don't get a level right first time and hates doing levels over will possibly find that this game is not for them, because even though they may pass each level first time (which is possible in the demo), that could potentially make it a short game. (I say potentially because I'm not certain, because I haven't loaded the full game yet, but the sample is 2 tunes (which you can do over as much as you want for the full hour) and then the chapter select menu shows 9 chapters in total, with the first 2 being the demo ones. But, maybe there are more tunes per chapter later for all I know yet).

Because of the above (bit in italics), at first I was concerned that it maybe looks a little short but I've decided that it is going to take me a LOT of playing each tune over if I want to really perfect it (all the bonuses etc.) so I believe I will get playing time out of it. & this is me just playing on 'too easy' mode just now, so even if I can perfect that, there will be 3 other modes as well: Normal, Hard & Chopin

ETA Used up rest of demo time practising, then was keen to see what comes next (& also wanted to support devs who make more unusual games like this) so I used a GC credit on it instead of waiting for a sale.
(no willpower huh?)

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 9:45:39 AM PST

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Dec 7, 12 10:45 AM
It only took about 5 minutes to see that this is not a game for me. (Too bad; I love Chopin!) I suck at music games, which are usually also memory games, another nemesis. Also, you can't adjust the volume; indeed, there are no options at all, that I could find. I could understand Chopin's speech, but not the other characters', and there are no subtitles! I had no idea what was going on. All in all, not worth further effort.

Go to: