Anyone like this game?

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Anyone like this game?

[Post New]by APFamily on Feb 8, 09 11:52 PM
I've enjoyed this game so far. Looks like I've got about 30 minutes left of my trial. For the last couple of levels, I've had to play them twice to win them. LOL I do like it, but I feel like I'd have to be able to do (the correct) cross-breeding a lot more quickly to be successful at this game.

Any thoughts, comments, or tips? Anyone buy this game? Or just love it? What do you think?

Maggie

Edited on 02/08/2009 at 11:52:20 PM PST

azpennylo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Anyone like this game?

[Post New]by azpennylo on Feb 9, 09 12:11 AM
Not liking it myself!! The story line is great, but the rest is just ok. I might be lame, but I can't seem to continue.
What do the rest of you think??

lovesunrises
Flounder
Flounder
2,058 Posts

[Post New]by lovesunrises on Feb 9, 09 1:06 AM
I like the game very much and plan on buying it when my monthly game club credit takes effect.

I read so many negative reviews on the forum before it became the game of the day.

I'm so glad I found other people who like it.

I finished my trial period.

I did have to redo levels because my time ran out on the levels before finding a five star tree.

I haven't figured out any strategy as yet but once I purchase and play more if I come up with any tips I will post them.

I would love to see them do a rebuild whereas you could also play the levels untimed if you so wished. Having both options - untimed and timed would make this even a better game. CAN YOU HEAR ME ???? PLEASE!!!!

Happy Gaming everyone.

Peace and Happiness.

LoveSunrises

[Post New]by larascupboard on Feb 9, 09 1:57 AM
Strategy as follows:

Take the two seeds furtherest to the right. Plant and x-breed. Plant resulting seed. Demolish tree 1 you planted and x-breed tree 3 with tree 2. Plant resulting seed. Demolish tree 2. Breed tree 4 with tree 3. Plant seed. ETc. You can get the 5 star tree with about 12 breedings doing it this way. Kinda boring really. I got halfway thru the lake level before my demo ran out and I didn't have to replay a level for time.

PhyllisLG
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by PhyllisLG on Feb 9, 09 4:05 AM
NOPE!! Didn't like it. I found it boring. I played maybe 10 minutes and then deleted the game. Watching trees grow is not my idea of a fun game. But hey, if other people like it, then that's why there's . Lots and lots of games to choose from!!

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Feb 9, 09 8:53 AM
I was sort of hoping this would be more like Plant Tycoon. Speaking of which...I haven't played that in a while. For some reason, I want to go back and do Plant Tycoon again. LOL

Christym
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Christym on Feb 9, 09 8:56 AM
Hmm - I was going to ask if anyone saw any point to the game.
I started out planting all the available tree seeds. Randomly picked two and cross-bred. Took the resulting tree and scanned through to find the best match. Cross-bred that way. Took the resulting match and scanned through all the trees to find the best match. When I need more space, I cut down one of the original trees, or, if I've cut them all down, the lowest magic one. Wash, rinse, repeat. I've played 45 minutes and am in the lake area. Not had any trouble making the time on any level. Takes me an average of 6-8 crosses.
Really wasn't sure what the point was, since it doesn't seem to take much skill to pick the most recent tree and cross-breed it with whichever of the other trees offers the best match. Seemed pretty random as far as which tree it would be.
I'm glad there are people enjoying it. I'm just not getting it.

kahlan_1
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan_1 on Feb 9, 09 10:54 AM
I played my hour quite enjoyed it for an hour of relaxing mindless play. I wont buy it though as there isnt enough to it to play for more than the hour in my opinion.

SueB990
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by SueB990 on Feb 9, 09 11:02 AM
Nope, not for me, I agree that it just doesn't have enuf to it to keep me occupied. Graphics are good tho....

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Feb 9, 09 11:10 AM
Sorry but...........BORING!!!

GreenMeany
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMeany on Feb 9, 09 12:40 PM
It wasn't my cup of tea, but my oldest loved it. & My middle son won't get off the flipping computer. So well worth it!

mus1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by mus1 on Feb 9, 09 2:23 PM
Nope! Worst game i've ever played. I persevered hoping it would get better in next level....it didn't. Luckily that's why there's free trials

[Post New]by mannak81 on Feb 9, 09 7:28 PM
lovesunrises wrote:I like the game very much and plan on buying it when my monthly game club credit takes effect.

I read so many negative reviews on the forum before it became the game of the day.

I'm so glad I found other people who like it.

I finished my trial period.

I did have to redo levels because my time ran out on the levels before finding a five star tree.

I haven't figured out any strategy as yet but once I purchase and play more if I come up with any tips I will post them.

I would love to see them do a rebuild whereas you could also play the levels untimed if you so wished. Having both options - untimed and timed would make this even a better game. CAN YOU HEAR ME ???? PLEASE!!!!

Happy Gaming everyone.

Peace and Happiness.

LoveSunrises

Well said!!! Could have been so interesting but turned out to be kinda blah.

[Post New]by cathousemama02 on Feb 9, 09 8:07 PM
Played for about half an hour.....found that watering the trees was just too time consuming, and found the game pointless and boring! Graphics were terrific though, and agree with the person that an untimed game would be preferable to what they have, and with less demand on the watering aspect too!

Makaviti
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Makaviti on Feb 9, 09 9:09 PM
No, and I am disappointed because I really wanted to like it! The graphics are beautiful, but the game seems to be too "time management" focused and not have any logic skill involved. I spent 10 minutes playing and had to worry too much about the water level every 5 seconds to be able to enjoy the cross-breeding.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Feb 9, 09 9:13 PM
If you're feeling a bit blah about this one, and haven't tried Plant Tycoon yet, you should give it a go. This game is based on the Plant Tycoon model, but Mandragora is super-simplified. Also, Plant Tycoon is a relaxed game, play at your own pace.

[Post New]by trknmouse on Feb 9, 09 10:46 PM
The game is alright but problem is I get into them and then when I buy them I pretty much finished the game. I made it to level 9 in the trial period. I think they need to tell you how many levels there are for each game.

narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by narquailan on Feb 10, 09 2:05 PM
Geeze! What A bunch of fussbudgets! Perhaps all these brainiacs who get bored so quickly sould just give up trying to do simple "mindless" games. That is rather the idea of escaping into a mindless game you know and if you were not so busy picking it apart fussing about the watering(which could have been handled better), then you might have had the time to enjoy the lovely graphics and sound effects that someone worked very hard to achieve. True, it's no Rubic Cube, but it does have it's upshots. It is a good way to while away a few hours playing with the idea of cross breeding, without the harmfull effects. Of course, if your only objective is to race through the game as fast as possible just so you can say, "Yawn, what a drag.", then you deserve to be bored out of your socks. Gat a life people!
narquailan...59 years young, loving every second and not in one bit of a hurry!

mus1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by mus1 on Feb 10, 09 3:22 PM
I thought everyone gave their opinion about this game (which seemed to me to be the object of the forum and indeed this question) without being rude or offensive. Narquailan maybe you should try doing the same.

Makaviti
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Makaviti on Feb 10, 09 10:22 PM
narquailan, that is the point some of us were making. We COULDN'T enjoy the music and graphics because we were too busy worrying about the watering and trying to click fast because the timer runs out too quick.

Go to: