justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

I just bought this game, and I'm very afraid... UPDATED!!

[Post New]by justnorma on Feb 9, 09 5:27 AM
...that I may have made a mistake. During my free demo, the game was SO enjoyable and relaxing. Now, an hour later, I've used up nearly all my power-ups and am *barely* making it to the end of each m3 before losing a life.

Is this normal? I did read where some of you say that you get better with time. But my thought is, how can you get enough power-ups for a game if you don't have any to start with?

Thanks for any encouragement!

EDITED TO ADD: I just finished the game and I'm so proud of myself! I don't why I was SO intimidated by this game. Now that I'm starting my second journey, I can see that it's so much easier, as I've learned a few tricks.

I highly, highly recommend this game. It's just *almost* too challenging. But it leaves you wanting to win.

Edited on 02/10/2009 at 10:22:26 PM PST

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:I just bought this game, and I'm very afraid...

[Post New]by granny754 on Feb 9, 09 6:39 AM
I have played this game for a while now. I'm at the end of Journey 17. You have to get used to the game everyone has their own strategy. You will be given power ups in later levels as you need them. Once you get your strategy you will not use all the powerups you collect. I had the same problem when I started out. If you like the game be patient and you will learn what works best for you.

Be sure to use the amulet that sparkles when it is full in the middle of the screen at the bottom that helps a lot. You fill it by making matches for 4 or more and it always takes what ever is in the square below the power up or object you need to move down.

Edited on 02/09/2009 at 6:42:07 AM PST

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Feb 9, 09 10:34 AM
Thanks so much, granny! I really do like the game as I'm a fan of both HOs and M3s. The scenery is awesome.

So, if I understand you correctly, even if I play a game, say, in the middle of the journey, with *no* power-ups, it may still be possible to complete it? In other words, whatever power-up I'll need will be provided, provided I use it in the most effecient way? Sorry if this sounds completely anal. I just don't want to commit alot of time and effort in a game if I can't finish it.

Thanks again!

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Feb 9, 09 10:56 AM
I have this game and really like it. I have found I don't like to play except in relaxed venue. I also found if I play to long I get tired and sloppy. When I start having to use too much help I quit playing the game for the rest of the day. Some games have too be done when your fresh and alert to what is happening.

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Feb 9, 09 6:39 PM
There's a relaxed mode??? How did I miss that?

I'm gradually getting my confidence up. It seems I *almost* get my tail caught in the door *just* before it's too late.

I know what you mean about getting sloppy. I'm getting tired and decided I didn't want to take a chance on having to use power-ups unnecessarily.

iris7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:I just bought this game, and I'm very afraid... UPDATED!!

[Post New]by iris7 on Mar 13, 09 8:46 PM
I just played the demo and I was really getting into it. I will be really glad when I buy it. I can't wait to start back up where I left off.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 13, 09 9:13 PM
FYI this game has no end it just loops and each level gets harder more rocks etc. I'm still playing. When you are tired it is best to stop. Enjoy the game

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 30, 10 4:44 PM
I played the demo and found it to be quite enjoyable. I reached the last level of Troy. I found no error or problems.The art was lovely. While challenging, it wasn't too challenging. Though on the dolphin level of Troy, I almost lost. I liked the hidden object games that popped up in each city and how the items collected where used in the temples. It was fun and imaginitive.

I would say a solid A.

Go to: