bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post any Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends technical issues here only

[Post New]by evaree on Sep 7, 12 1:20 AM
I bought and downloaded this game but whenever I start it I get a fatal error message and the computer restarts. I have unistalled the game but don't know if I should reinstall or wait fro some advice. Thanks

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 7, 12 1:35 AM
Uninstall and install the game again. Good luck!

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by evaree on Sep 7, 12 1:45 AM
Did that but still the same problem

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Sep 7, 12 1:48 AM
I downloaded the trial and started the game. The screen was completely black and remained black although I could see the custom cursor and hear the music (which sounded fabulous). Very disappointing because the music really made me want to get into the game.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still get the same result.

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 2:05:31 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 12 2:13 AM
Hi evaree and MinnieK,

I am sorry you are both having trouble but I believe you may both be facing a similar issue; the game not playing as it should on your given machine.

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how your computer manages running the game.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 7, 12 2:15 AM
MinnieK wrote:I downloaded the trial and started the game. The screen was completely black and remained black although I could see the custom cursor and hear the music (which sounded fabulous). Very disappointing because the music really made me want to get into the game.

Same here. I changed display from 150 to 125, and it ran on Window Mode. When changed to "full screen", got black screen from which I could exit only by Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

In the options there are 2 options: Full Screen and Fit to Screen. The option "Full Screen" is checked (v), and this caused the black screen, and throwing back to desktop.

The developer has to change these options...

Win7 Home Edition, 32 bit, resolution 1600/1200.

[Post New]by megatema on Sep 7, 12 2:56 AM
MinnieK wrote:I downloaded the trial and started the game. The screen was completely black and remained black although I could see the custom cursor and hear the music (which sounded fabulous). Very disappointing because the music really made me want to get into the game.

Hello! I have same problem here, I went to
c:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Jetdogs Studios\Alchemy Mysteries - Prague Legends\
(this is for Windows 7)
and change in options.cfg "Full Screen=true" to "Full Screen=false"

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 12 3:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

We appreciate the troubleshooting solutions that have been offered here, please continue to offer up this information, it is most helpful for us as well.

I just wanted to offer a cautionary note that what works for one system may not for another, so if you would like some specific support, our Tech Team will be happy to work with you.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Sep 7, 12 3:51 AM
megatema wrote:
c:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Jetdogs Studios\Alchemy Mysteries - Prague Legends\
(this is for Windows 7)

A HUGE thank you to megatema, this is the solution that worked for me.

Thank you to Rebeca_Lily and bfgBaikal too, unfortunately your solutions didn't work for me this time but it's always worth knowing about these little tweaks we can try.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Sep 7, 12 9:35 AM
MinnieK wrote:
megatema wrote:
(this is for Windows 7)

A HUGE thank you to megatema, this is the solution that worked for me.

Thank you to Rebeca_Lily and bfgBaikal too, unfortunately your solutions didn't work for me this time but it's always worth knowing about these little tweaks we can try.

i CHANGED THE FULL SCREEN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF - BUT THE GAME IS VERY GLITCHY. iT HAS THROWN ME OUT THREE TIMES. NO BUY!

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 7, 12 10:45 AM
here's one that maybe the mods can bring up to the powers that be. Ihave my left and right click buttons reversed....my choice for personal reasons, and don't have a problem playing games, except for this game and another that came out a couple of weeks ago. This is my relaxing time, so I won't look up the other game just now, but These particular games won't recognize my unique mouse settings, and force me to use the normal left click button instead of my designated left click. I won't switch them back just to play these two games, because then I won't be able to just relax and enjoy the game. I'd be so tense trying to use the normal buttons. I'm not going to report this to tech support, because the only fix, other than the developers working on the settings to recognize settings. would be for me to switch the buttons back.I don't know how the southfins out there play. having only one fin, I just keep swimming around in circles.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 7, 12 11:34 AM
yolanded and aalaurie, if the game is closing or not opening at all, there could be various things causing that. Our help article here does have some troubleshooting steps you can try though:

If those recommendations aren't helping, you can always contact our Tech Support team. They'll be happy to look into that for you and hopefully find a solution quickly.

pilimai729, I'm sorry to hear that there are a few games that aren't cooperating with your reversed mouse buttons. Though I'm not sure of a fix for that, I can certainly forward your concern on to our team here.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 7, 12 1:27 PM
thank you bfg Seine!!!

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Sep 7, 12 2:29 PM
The audio on the voice crackles. And yes, I have all of the latest Adobe, Java, DirectX and video/sound drivers.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 7, 12 3:02 PM
Hi MagicMark,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into some audio problems. Since it sounds like your drivers are up to date, I recommend first trying to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they can get to the bottom of that issue so you can enjoy the game audio.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Sep 7, 12 5:08 PM
pilimai729 wrote:here's one that maybe the mods can bring up to the powers that be. Ihave my left and right click buttons reversed....my choice for personal reasons, and don't have a problem playing games, except for this game and another that came out a couple of weeks ago. This is my relaxing time, so I won't look up the other game just now, but These particular games won't recognize my unique mouse settings, and force me to use the normal left click button instead of my designated left click. I won't switch them back just to play these two games, because then I won't be able to just relax and enjoy the game. I'd be so tense trying to use the normal buttons. I'm not going to report this to tech support, because the only fix, other than the developers working on the settings to recognize settings. would be for me to switch the buttons back.I don't know how the southfins out there play. having only one fin, I just keep swimming around in circles.

I also have my mouse clicks switched. Glad to know that's why I cannot play the game. Like you, it's not worth it for me to change my settings. I'll just skip this game.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 7, 12 5:21 PM
You don't have to change your mouse settings but you do have to use it in your right hand or play leftie with the buttons reversed. I also play left handed and this is one of my personal pet peeves with some of these games. They don't recognize left handed mousers and don't recognize personalized mouse settings.

I'm having problems with the people in this game. They come in normally then break up and have holes in them. It hasn't affected the playability of the game for me as yet but I'm wondering if it's an indication of more problems to come. I'm liking the game but a bit leery of buying because of this.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Sep 7, 12 6:33 PM
Well, mine won't even download. So I guess I don't even get to try it.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Sep 7, 12 6:39 PM
Well, this is NOT working for me! I uninstalled & re-installed with no change in the game play. I can not even get into the game. Oh well, I guess the developers or Big Fish will not be making any money on this game ---way too many complaints. Not good for the developers reps.

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 6:39:55 PM PST

Go to: