bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 7, 12 1:18 AM
I played a little over 20 minutes. This seems as if it should be a daily deal; very old fashioned style of play.
An adventure/hidden object/puzzle game. So-so storyline. Voice over is ok, but not great. Puzzles are not hard, not the one I did at least. Kind of boring. Hope the offerings next week are a little better than this one was. Will probably finish the demo, but definitely not a buy for me. For $2.99 maybe, but not full price.

Celticcoco

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 7, 12 1:19 AM
I saw the two barking dogs and I knew instantaneously it was J E T dogs. It's been a while since we seen this team but gosh they sure didn't disappoint.

Story: I only know as much of the story as it is in the intro. She goes to Prague because she inherited this house. But she is trying to figure out from whom since she was orphaned and doesn't know any of her relatives. And that lady at the beginning, I tell ya, I don't trust her. She is too sinister. I just have the feeling she be trying to take the house for herself, or do away with Eva. That old bag.

Graphics: They are beautifully done. Kind of give the rustic look to it. Also I noticed there is quite a bit of 3D into it which I love.

The H0S's in the game are done a little differently and I seen this before in a few other games where you have to find the missing pieces outside of the H0S scene first and then use it in the scene before you can complete the scene.

Hint system: I play on expert mode and they still charge pretty quickly. It seems you can use the hint system outside of the H0S scenes. Not sure.

Music: To me it fits the game perfectly. I love the eerie feeling. Gives you goosebumps

All in all to me this is a 10/10 game. I am truly loving it! I bought

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 1:21:12 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 7, 12 1:27 AM
Morning, all...

Well, what a nice surprise for an SE today...

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over.

There is widescreen (tick the "Fit to screen").

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is something called "Smooth rotate". Don't click it if you get motion-sick. You can move left and right within a scene, and the "smooth rotate" will let you see the move to the left and right, whereas without it, you just step into the next scene.

Tutorial can be on or off. I would suggest to turn it on, especially for the info for the HOS (hidden object scenes).

The HINT is at the left - only takes 10-12 seconds to refill in Easy mode.

The JOURNAL is at the right. Within it you will often find info vital to solving a puzzle.

Also within the Journal is the MAP - which you will get soon after starting to play.
The map shows you where you are, where you need to do things, where things are finished, and it can be used to jump. You can even jump to different parts of the same room.
If you get confused with all the different signs, there is a "LEGEND" at the bottom right of the map. Click on it and all the signs will be explained.

Also at the right is the MENU button.

The INVENTORY is at the bottom. Next to the Inventory tab is the TASKS tab.

The HOS are highly interactive. Items in white can be found in the scene. Items in grey are hidden, and for items in blue you either need something from your inventory to add to an item in the HOS, or you need to combine two different items that are within in the HOS to make a whole. Make sure you do the tutorial on this one. You can even skip things in the HOS.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button fills quickly in Easy mode.
There are 15 puzzles in all. Each time you have done a puzzle, you can replay it by going to the Main Menu and click on "PUZZLES".

--- --- ---

I really like this game (those fishies who don't like to see pentagrams and demons, beware).

I like the gameplay, and the graphics are nicely done, although they have these old-fashioned 3-D images, which I am not too keen on. But on the whole, this is an interesting game, so I am off to get it.

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 5:31:01 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 7, 12 1:27 AM
I played about 40 minutes and stopped to buy. Graphics are good, story is interesting to me...orphan who inherits and wants to find info about her past. Not crazy about the girl's voice but the others seem to fit, so far anyway. There is a jumpable map, a jounal, and hints fills fast, and point you in the direction you need to go. There are some hos, with some things hidden, and others that you need an item from your inventory in order to get it. There are other items that you need that you come across, so there is the adventure lite side too. So far the puzzles have been a bit different, and I like the ones that I have done so far. Someone else will give a full review, but I just want to go back and play some more

eta LOL, they came in to those good reviews while I was giving my two cents,

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 1:30:54 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 7, 12 2:25 AM
It's been a good while since we saw a game from JetDogs Studios, the makers of "Annabel", the "Millennium Secrets" games, and the nifty "Sinister City"----all of which I liked a lot, and this one is another excellent offering!

Monsters, madmen, mayhem, and morbid secrets abound in this slowly-paced yet quite creepy game. (To add to Valdy's warning, I will say that arachniphobes should be careful.) I love these kind of stories where you have to give it a little thought.

Without being too redundant (because the previous reviews have covered most of it), I'll just hit on a couple things I liked:
-the mechanic of turning left/right to see the entire room is a seldom seen feature that I like.
-there is widescreen.
-there is an interactive map which is very useful because there are so many different areas to explore.
-the hints are plentiful, or, I should say, very quick and very helpful, which allows you to choose your own pace.
-in the advanced mode, the number of hidden objects in each scene doubles, an interesting tweak
-there are replayable puzzles.

The game is different, the game is fun, and the game is a buy for me!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 7, 12 2:38 AM
I am another one who has bought the game but that doesn't mean that I completely like it because ...

Bit of a Spoiler in first paragraph ...

They have used colourwashes over the scenes which I really don't like and this makes everything appear faded and a bit blurry and harder to see. There was one particular HO scene where you are finding items on a desk and then you open a drawer and the items in the drawer are really crisp and look wonderful and that is how I wish the graphics had been for the whole game.

They have also used very small items and have hidden others behind others with only a small bit showing and this, with the colourwash, makes them a bit difficult to see and I found myself having to lean closer to the screen than I normally do.

To move items from your inventory is a bit awkward at first because it is natural to click once to pick up the item and once where you want to use it but with this game you have to drag the item but I kept forgetting and clicking and then wondered why it hadn't moved .

On the more positive side each room that you are in isn't just the area you can see directly in front of you, you can actually turn and interact with the whole room which I really like . For those who get motion sickness this can be done section by section so make sure you don't select smooth rotate in the options menu. The game filled my widescreen after selecting the fit to screen option.

I like the interactiveness of the HO scenes, just make sure you have a good look round first . I also like the story, voiceovers and the excellent map . As an added bonus, there is a Puzzle Section where the 15 puzzles can replayed and these get unlocked as you encounter them in the game .

For those wondering if there is a click penalty there is , a blue mist suddenly appears with a skull in it, I jumped at that and at the shadows .

Cherb

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 7, 12 2:45 AM
Played 30 minutes casual

-JetDogs Studios
- 2 modes, casual and advanced, in casual mode you have less objects to find in the H0
- Voice overs
- Good animation
- A lot of dialogues
- Note book
- Map, very useful, you can jump from one place to another
- H0, you interact and have to use objects from your inventory
- Hint useful outside H0
- Only came across one mini game, skip button
- Side arrows to travel left and right in the rooms
- Very good graphics

Another orphan trying to find out about her past. Looks like a good game, a buy for me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 7, 12 8:02 AM
Yet another dreary game. The interior of the house looked drab and uninviting, the characters didn't make me want to get to know them, playing in casual mode the sparkles were annoying and every time you click on something, you get an circle around the cursor whether or not you've clicked on the right thing. I found that irritating. The fullscreen option worked but made the graphics grainy.

Nothing about this game made me want to buy it. Where have all the good games gone? It's back to trying for gold on some of the levels in Timebulders for me.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Sep 7, 12 9:15 AM
Well, the game is quite interesting, I wonder why is so many bugs around in the old house.

It kind of creeps me out to see so many crawling things running around.

I actually played the entire demo until the end. The story is kind of hard to follow when is so many tasks to do and things to puck around.

But going from room to room and back and forward becomes boring after a while, even when I spend the entire demo trying to find my way around.

Yes I like this creepy game and will keep it on my to buy list.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 7, 12 9:24 AM
Just back from vacation! From the looks of it, I didn't miss any great games . I'll have to agree with other postings...this game just doesn't do it for me....maybe a DD, but that's it. Not even worth a credit use. Slow and cumbersome, and even though I generally don't mind the sparkles...this one is filled with really annoying ones (in the casual mode). Unlike others, I didn't find the game grainy or blurry....just slow which takes away from what I think could be an interesting story. Oh well....I'll try another one.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 7, 12 11:04 AM
Not a game I particular like. Had to use the hint button a lot to find out where I was supposed to go. Seems like you go around and around too much. I know there is the map that you can use but you do have to know where the heck you are going? So won't be a buy for me. Too confusing..

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 7, 12 11:12 AM
This game gave me a major headache! HOG scenes ok, but the small cursor and small hand/magnifying glass were so hard to see.
The hint system wasn't up to much, and I just went round in circles. Reminded me of HOG games around 5 years ago.
I got bored, frustrated and having to squint to find things I gave up.
Not the worst game ever, but compared with some fab CEs, found this a damp squib!
Graphics were blurry too. Played advanced mode and hint refilled quickly.
Would have been an ok game if cursor and action cursors not so tiny!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 7, 12 11:37 AM
I have now finished the game, and the end was a bit corny, but the END was ooooohhhhh.... spooky. LOL

Well, I really enjoyed playing this game. It was interesting enough to keep me from getting bored.

I very much liked the HOS, and I loved the MAP.

The map not only put me in the room or open scene I needed to be in, but put me in the right corner of the scene or room, so I didn't have to first look around to see which part of the room needed my attention. Very well done, I thought.

This was one spooky game. I kept yelling out several times when the unexpected appeared. LOL

This game is not for those peeps who don't go for the occult, pentagrams, demons, black magic, etc. It's full of all these.

The very end suggested that there may be a sequel.

--- --- ---

PS: CBTX pointed out in his review that there are spiders, and believe me, I don't like them at all. But those little ones you encounter from time to time really are barely worth a second glance.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 7, 12 3:34 PM
This game could have been quite good, but just missed the mark for me. Not a bad game at all. However, I don't care for the "moving" screen system this has, and the good looking male does not have the voice to fit the face...needs to be deeper, sexier, maybe with an accent. Theyare suppose to be in Prague, not Jersey.

Game play is nice, music nice, story line good but not great, HOGs very simple, a little different games but fairly easy. The game moved quite slowly. Maybe it picks up as it goes, but the "assistant" seems to be someone who was added as an after thought. Doesn't flow with the rest of the games.

This would be an okay game for one of those "nothing better to do" days. I would like to see the length of the game before I decide to purchase or not. This is going in my puddle for now. Might get it later.

Thanks for the reviews.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Sep 7, 12 6:59 PM
Just few words, good story line & hope there is another chapter.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Sep 7, 12 8:13 PM
I agree with all of the negative comments. Sorry, just my opinion. However, I really did not like the graphics on this one. Grainy, archaic and really dull. I was prepared to like this game. Story line looked interesting, and I do like the HO scenes needing to go somewhere else to come back and complete with my inventory. I am just so bummed by the graphics. Either be realistic or somewhat cartoonish, but not sloppy.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Sep 8, 12 12:17 AM
My first impression of this HOPA was not a good one. I hated the feel when you were moving around the rooms, the map had so many different symbols I couldn't make head nor tail of it. Felt like I was just wandering around looking for things to do. Well now I have 24 mins demo remaining and will give it another go because now after having read the reviews I now know that the "legends" button tells you what the symbols on the map mean, there is a task button which will hopefully tell me what I need to do next instead of wandering aimlessly and TURN OFF the smooth option! Why did I turn that on? Because I thought it meant I would move around smoother? Mmmm.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 8, 12 3:58 AM
When I saw the Jet DOgs icon I went, O boy! When the first reviews came out, I went Yeehaw...downloaded and started playing.
This game has all the bells and whistles..as Valdy and gang said. REally nice graphics- scenry so well developed I wanted to get on the first plane and walk the streets myself..bought the game...

Then the funny feeling started...all I'm doing is having an overly chummy relationship with the help icon. I mean, all the way through the game. I couldn't find the flow of the game..why am I going here, what do I need this for? How come I couldnt pick up things hanging around that looked obviously needed ( ax, shovel etc).
It got pretty frustrating and between the help icon and the map I got through it..and "getting through it" isn't the reason to buy a game.
There was no smooth flow in the game play, somehow all the parts didnt belong together, just cobbled together and sent as a game.
The artistry of the goliath was really inferior to the rest of the game.
oh well, its just my opinion
kris

Go to: