peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 7, 12 1:54 AM
I was plurking and looking for comments on this game and there were none, so I am hoping some fishies will come along here. LOL! I have not tried this game yet, as I am still DL. Have fun everyone.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Comments for Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 7, 12 3:19 AM
Good morning Ann!

How you feeling this morning? The game is awesome! To me there is no problem at all with the graphics, and I love the 3 D characters. The H0G scenes have you use your inventory, which you need to get from the outside which we haven't had in a while. You start the game, and you don't want to quit just like a really good novel. Every time Mr. Skelly appears it gives me a little o.k. fine what are u up to feeling. But it turns out Ol' Skelly is good. Have fun and God bless.

Sassy

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Sep 7, 12 4:25 AM
Bit of an oddity, this one. Not sure what to make of it, but I bought it so that I could find out. The opening cut scene was awesome, with some of the best graphics I have ever seen. But after that it all changed. The graphics became rather wishy-washy. I do, however, really like the story. It's not original, initially, but it doesn't give much away, which makes it interesting and has me wanting to find out more.

Someone wrote that the format harks back to earlier days and is rather old-fashioned. I don't have a problem with old-fashioned, but I do rather wish it didn't have that side-scroll aspect to it. It's rather annoying.

I don't much like the HOS either. Many of them one is not able to complete because they need items which are not in the inventory. Problem with that is, those needed items are in different locations and when I find one, I cannot remember where the HOS is that I need to use it in.

There is a jump map, but i also have a problem with that, as it only indicates where there are objectives to achieve, but does not differentiate between presently doable things and things you don't yet have an item for.

If it wasn't for the extremely helpful hint button, this game would, for me, be unplayable, in that I have a problem with wandering around like a lost soul from location to location, hoping to hit on one I can do something in.

The other thing that irks me is that the cursor changes to a hand, both when there is something to do and when there is just useless information, like "What a lot of books there are here." Well, yeah, it's a library. That happens quite a lot. I think it's an attempt to make the game more interesting, but it fails. It's just pointless.

Anyway, as I said I have bought it and after completion, I will have a clearer iidea of what my overall impressions of it really are.

In conclusion, this is not a terrible game, it just could have been done better.

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 4:28:40 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 7, 12 4:25 AM
Not a bad game. The story is interesting and it is good to see Prague again in a game. I will say up front that I just don't like 3D and did not even Demo the last 3D game. This could bias my opinion just a bit but I am trying to overlook that. I found the inventory a little awkward. I picked up an item and dragged it to use it but it was the wrong item. When I tried to "drop" it, I just picked up another and another, etc. It took me a while to figure out how to let go of inventory items. So, that kind of thing is a drawback for me. I agree with others who found the graphics a bit fuzzy but some are very sharp and bright. It looks as though more than one artist illustrated the game and they had no meeting of minds or as if there was a change in art direction at some point. I did not discover the smooth scroll but that might be a plus unless you get naseous with it. I just clicked arrows to move. Most scenes progress in 360 degrees so be sure to turn completely around. A few items are small or too fuzzy to see right off.

I would like to know the story and the outcome but this is just an OK game for me. I may enventually use a credit to purchase it as I have several and can't seem to find any games I can use them with and this is a game I wouldn't mind finishing despite the 3D and some graphics problems.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 7, 12 6:27 AM
I started playing this game demo and through it I got bored with all the moving around and all the HOs so I quit it and deleted it. Sorry BF but I just don't like this one. No buy here.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Sep 7, 12 6:39 AM
What a nice surprise this morning! For me, much better than yesterday's CE. I stopped to buy after 10 minutes. I love that the HOs have objects outside of the scene that you need to find in order to complete the scene, although it's annoying me that I can't remember the other game that used this technique. Even though the graphics aren't as good as some, I don't mind. They can't all be like ERS, and others that I can't mention here. It's nice to have something new to play while waiting for a couple of recent CEs to come out as SEs.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 7, 12 7:13 AM
Two really good games in two days!!! Thanks so much Big Fish! I am still playing one of their other games and I was happy to see they had not changed their style or way of laying out the story. Love the map that allows you quickly move to the different places so you are not running back and forth. I think this should be in everyones collection of games. Happy gaming all!!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Sep 7, 12 8:12 AM
A Jet Dogs Studio game? Then it's an auto-buy for me.

I love their previous games: the Millennium Secrets games, Annabel, and Sinister City.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 7, 12 2:29 PM
hannah57 wrote:I started playing this game demo and through it I got bored with all the moving around and all the HOs so I quit it and deleted it. Sorry BF but I just don't like this one. No buy here.

same here.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Sep 7, 12 3:34 PM
I beta tested this game and did not enjoy it. In an effort to make the atmosphere more sinister.there were bugs everywhere in this house I had supposedly inherited. I am not afraid of computer generated creepy crawlies. It just was not very effective or even slightly believeable. As I said in the Sneak Peek thread, if I inherited a house like that, I wouldn't spend 10 minutes there without calling an exterminator. This is nothing I want to play.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Sep 7, 12 10:58 PM
Fantastico! And I, too, really like this developer.

This is not really a hidden object game, but an adventure game with a few interactive HO scenes. I think the graphics are super, love the artwork, and the sinister assistant is totally creepy. And lots of "gotchas" that really made me jump.

The only thing I was a little confused by was the options menu. The options were not very clear to me. But I figured it out. Some good choices here. You have a choice of 3d or "slideshow" view of your surroundings - great for those who get seasick with 3d games. I also chose the easier version, since there were fewer hidden objects to find - yay! There are sparkles, though, which I will check the advanced mode for.

If the map is confusing, click on "Legend". It explains all the symbols - and yes, it DOES tell you where you can do something. I don't like "jumping" with maps - prefer to walk - but it's good for those who don't.

It's a little hand-holdy, but not cloyingly so. And there are some original puzzles. I am snared by the storyline, too. Definitely a buy for me!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 8, 12 4:30 AM
I kind of wonder about a game where the technical issues thread outnumbers the review and comment threads - is this game worth the download time? I think I will wait until the developers get the glitches worked out (if they do), if not - oh well, there are other games out there.....

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 8, 12 6:18 PM
I enjoyed this game in spite of all the creepy crawlers. I am becoming a fan of Jet Dogs. They manage to create clever puzzles, and novel hidden object games, within an SE game. I had no glitches or problems (Outside of the loose nut behind the keyboard) I look forward to their next offering.

Go to: