Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

The Captain's Safe

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Feb 9, 09 6:04 AM
Help! I'm stuck. I've got to the captain's safe and I don't know how to find the combination. Would anyone like to put me out of my misery?

Re:The Captain's Safe

[Post New]by Roseraies on Feb 10, 09 2:54 PM
Hello,

It seems that I have the same problem (captain'safe - nu. 14) I sympathise!

Did you finally succeed ?

Any tips for me ?

Many thanks in advance.

Roseraies

[Post New]by rkessie on Feb 21, 09 9:09 AM
I just finished the game. When you get to the safe, you try to find things that represent numbers, plus I used the hint button as much as possible and got it on the first try. Good luck

[Post New]by mh7542 on Feb 26, 09 8:41 AM
rkessie wrote:I just finished the game. When you get to the safe, you try to find things that represent numbers, plus I used the hint button as much as possible and got it on the first try. Good luck

[Post New]by samareth on Feb 28, 09 8:34 AM
Does anyone know the game's workings well enough to suggest a less hint-oriented way to solve the safe? I haven't yet managed to get to the safe with quite that much time to spare and clicking on things that turn out to not be the required item burns up what time I have. I'd appreciate some help that's based on what the game's designers had in mind for identifying items to use.

[Post New]by PrettyKitties on Apr 19, 09 1:55 PM
The only way I got through was the use of the hint button. It is very frustrating - the capitan's safe seems luck based requiring no skill. I liked the game except for this level.

[Post New]by scuffs on May 4, 09 7:57 AM
You may have already found this out already but just in case... On the safe cracking, I just now managed to get the answer that follows and I just used it and it does work and I'm really aggravated with myself for not having figured it out myself but anyway... here it is: When the number in the combination pops up, you just find an item around and on the safe, that represents the number. IE... if a "4" is the first number, you can click on the "square root of 16" on the safe and then the next # appears such as a "5" and then you can click on the nickle, etc., etc.

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Aug 25, 09 12:31 PM
I did finish on my third try, but it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to the numbers. When I clicked the Hints button I saw a hand, but I did not see anything that it was focused on or highlighted. I untimately kept picking everything with a number and some added numbers to the combination, but many did not. Very confusing puzzle.

[Post New]by bbbbbilly on Aug 26, 09 8:17 AM
scuffs wrote:You may have already found this out already but just in case... On the safe cracking, I just now managed to get the answer that follows and I just used it and it does work and I'm really aggravated with myself for not having figured it out myself but anyway... here it is: When the number in the combination pops up, you just find an item around and on the safe, that represents the number. IE... if a "4" is the first number, you can click on the "square root of 16" on the safe and then the next # appears such as a "5" and then you can click on the nickle, etc., etc. [/quote

This is it! Works in less than a minute!

Edited on 08/26/2009 at 8:18:12 AM PST

Go to: