bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 8, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 8, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 8, 12 12:42 AM
Morning, all...

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is widescreen.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor. I chose the system cursor, because the custom one is just too big.

There is voice-over.

There are excellent animations.

The graphics are superb.

The Diary is at the bottom left. There is no Map.
The MENU button is just below the Diary.

The HINT button (which takes about 40 seconds to refill in Casual mode) is at the right, and also works outside of the HOS. If there is nothing to hint at in a scene, it will tell you, and if there is, it will show you.

The HOS (hidden object scenes), of which there are quite a few, are not interactive.

Puzzles can be skipped (there don't seem to be too many of those). The SKIP button takes about a minute to fill in Casual mode.

--- --- ---

I loved the graphics, and the animation.

I also loved the fact that even in Casual mode, the sparklies are not intrusive, but only hint at places to look at.

Gameplay was fun and entertaining (I bought the CE).

I loved everything about this game, especially the fact that the puzzles were easy enough even for me to do without using the SKIP button.

Two things I would have seen differently:

1. There were too many hidden object scenes following each other. I am not saying there are too many HOS, although there are, but quite often there is one after the other, which can get tiresome (for me).

2. I wish there had been a MAP. There is a lot of grounds to cover, and it tires and hurts my eyes when I have to walk from one end of the game to the other, and new scenes keep flashing in front of my eyes with each step. That's almost as bad as if a scene had strobes.

Otherwise, super game.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Sep 8, 12 3:23 AM
I agree with Valdy about the map. I too purchased the CE. Graphics were great etc as the demo will show you but with the walking from one end to the other I got tired of it about half way through and didn't even want to finish.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 8, 12 4:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming to provide a quick link to the CE reviews of this game, in case it is helpful for those looking for more feedback.

Just click here to take a look!

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 8, 12 1:14 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

Just swimming to provide a quick link to the CE reviews of this game, in case it is helpful for those looking for more feedback.

Just click <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/219904.page>here</a> to take a look!

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

Thank you! I always appreciate these posts!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 10, 12 9:11 PM
Oh oh, BFG seems to be releasing all dark scary storlines HOGs. Another good game. Is anyone seriously buying the strategy guide. LOL! This game is not that difficult and u can always use the hint. Unless u had the collectors edition which has in built strategy guide, theres really no need to buy the guide. Take it from me, learn to google and u can find walkthroughs on the web, FREE!

So besides letting those who are new know how to get free + good things, this is one which is worth ur stamps. Go get it, there's a good boy/gal (haa....haa...)

beachmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by beachmama on Sep 11, 12 7:23 PM
Finally finished this game. It was one of the more difficult games recently. My only problem was that I kept getting lost. A map would have been very helpful. I would rate this one a keeper.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Sep 14, 12 7:35 PM
just finished the game and agree with all reviews..Game was interesting and kept you moving to find the next clue. Ending a little strange as you do not know if person was bought to trial but overall it was great.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Sep 30, 12 2:51 PM
Sorry ..this game is to lame for me..a no buy here, just bye-bye ..after a few minutes of the demo, had to uninstall..

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Oct 28, 12 9:33 AM
just finished the game it was fun..it ended a little wierd...

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Nov 12, 12 4:56 AM
gioco carino,divertente e poco impegnativo,niente di eccezionale,ma molto gradevole per un pomeriggio di festa....bellissima grafica e molto belli i colori....è un consiglio per un momento di relax.......

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 18, 13 7:23 PM
Nice game to play, I decided to get the Se and not the Ce after I played the demo on the Ce and finding that I could do with the less pricey Se.

Graphics were nice, lots of mystery, games and HO, easy to play and easy to follow on the plot.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 20, 13 12:29 AM
The two major problems I have with this game are the lack of a map and the non-directional hints, which, along with the large number of possible locations, make a guessing game out of where you might need to go next.

The voiceovers and personalities of the characters are hysterical! The uncle has the proverbial tight sphincter; the gruff friar and prissy magician are for some unknown reason angry and belligerent.

I really enjoyed the spooky atmosphere, but I'm on the fence about this one. I might get it as a DOTD or COTW.

Edited on 07/20/2013 at 12:30:35 AM PST

Go to: