peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 9, 12 12:37 AM
Hello everyone.
I love this game, it appears "old" at first as we only have the option to change the music and SFX volume but once you get into it, it certainly gets the grey cells going!
Looking forward to what others have to say.............................

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Comments for Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus

[Post New]by tishythree on Sep 9, 12 12:49 AM
am enjoying this very much and its a buy for me only have one small complaint i do hate hints which tell you there is nothing to do here thats not a hint its a statement and useless

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 9, 12 1:19 AM
and me too!i hate this kind of hint system!please dev...no more!
well,it seems not to be the game of the year,but it is pleasant and interesting a little,even if it seems also ...simplistic
i have CC to use before it ends....

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Sep 9, 12 1:31 AM
I also much prefer a hint system that at least points me in the right direction. Did find the graphics to be bright and clear. Amen to no rain. And the hidden object scenes were definately large enough, although not as simple to spot items as you may think. Yes to purchasing this one.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 9, 12 1:46 AM
Good morning every one

Yeh I really enjoyed playing the demmo and will buy it right now. Has any body come across these devs before?

Hidden objects nice and clear, and yes, not as easy as you first think. I also agree NO RAIN so far Heaven.

Linda

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 9, 12 1:52 AM
peglegann wrote:Hello everyone.
I love this game, it appears "old" at first as we only have the option to change the music and SFX volume but once you get into it, it certainly gets the grey cells going!

Ditto!! At least there is closer to the classic HOGs, with some adventure nuances, and not vise versa... For "hard-core" HOGers!

[Shut up adventurers, once in a while it's MY day! ]

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 9, 12 2:19 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
Ditto!! At least there is closer to the classic HOGs, with some adventure nuances, and not vise versa... For "hard-core" HOGers!

Exactly my sentiments, MY day too

I don't d/l many trials lately, had to downgrade my internet speed so rather than 3 or 4 min more like waiting forever, half hour sometimes. But the HOS on the WT looked lovely, clear and COLORFUL, something my eyes can handle without strain. I can't say the adv is very intuitive, where to go next or use some of the objects but that's what WTs are for for me. Can't spend so much time wandering around trying to guess what the dev had in mind. OK I know that is half the fun others have. Only 5 chapters so hope each is contained with minimal back and forth.

Having a lot of trouble finishing games and quite a backlog, not many HOPAs appeal to me anymore. This SE is inviting, and an extra punch a nudge so I'll let go of one of my half price credits from that sale, and continue playing for once.

Agree, I want hints that at least point you somewhere if not tell you, big time saver where I usually get lost in circles or forget where I am. Thank you walkthrough writers!! btw the story is a bit intriguing too, good premise and leads you to want to unravel the mystery, where is he, who dunnit with nothing gory so far.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 9, 12 2:19 AM
agree with everything bought it after half an hour . Looking at the w/t it looks a decent length and you don't end up in a dark dreary cellar or a laboratoy LOL .I used a free credit and got an extra punch too ( I also have to agree about the hint statement that does bug me ) happy Sunday x

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Sep 9, 12 2:40 AM
its a nice game so far but the writing at the top of the screen flashes on and off anyone else with the same problem ?? i did put this in tech issues but no replies so far

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 9, 12 3:56 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
peglegann wrote:Hello everyone.

I am loving every bit of the this game. Click on the guitar in the library and it plays the first 7 notes of "Smoke on the Water" lol. I am a die hard hoger as well as adventure gamer, so Rebeca Lily, please don't tell someone to shut up. Besides that rude.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 9, 12 4:37 AM
Ditto what she said, lol. Sassy, I'm talking about you I just finished the first chapter, and decided to go back to bed as I will enjoy this one more after more sleep. It is well worth the pcc I used to get it.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 9, 12 5:58 AM
Come on, Sassy, I was joking! Didn't you see the sign?

It was a paraphrase on anecdote I read between Prince William and Prince Harry, there William always said: "shut up Harry" on a joke Harry told...

Besides, the game has very difficult Adventure mode, without any help from the hint system... But at least I am given small "rectangles", without jumping from A to Z points only for one object. Means, the flow is more linear. And I like it...

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 9, 12 6:10 AM
I just installed the game to demo and I read all the comments so I hope I enjoy this one enough to buy. Here goes nothing.......

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 9, 12 7:03 AM
I've played this before....must have done a Beta. I really should write these things down! I'm pretty sure I played the whole Beta test, so I must have liked it. At any rate, I'm intrigued, and with an extra punch with it, I'm going to purchase.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 9, 12 7:13 AM
I'm back from playing the first 2 chapters and half of the 3rd chapter. i used the walkkthrough and I thought "this game isn't worth buying" because with the WT you don't have to think so why buy it. Maybe next time.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 9, 12 7:42 AM
hannah57 wrote:I'm back from playing the first 2 chapters and half of the 3rd chapter. i used the walkkthrough and I thought "this game isn't worth buying" because with the WT you don't have to think so why buy it. Maybe next time.

ROFLCGU!
Please could I suggest not using the WT? This is really a great game, so try and solve things on your own. You will feel so pleased when you figure things out for yourself. No offence meant by this at all

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 9, 12 7:52 AM
At first I did not think much of this game but as I kept playing I found myself rather liking it. I just hate the hint system and wish the Devs would change that in furure games!! Well, off to buy--Happy Gaming All!!!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 9, 12 8:41 AM
I see there are many tech issues for some I'm not one of them. Played great for me.

The only problems I could see with this game was the incredibly slow loading and the fact that the Full screen option was backwards for me! When I clicked FULL SCREEN on it went to WINDOWED mode Even with it on it doesn't fill my 17" monitor.

Really enjoyed the demo. It is a bit more difficult than some and can be frustrating but moves quickly. Has great graphics and game play. Wonderful to find a SE with this much to offer. I will buy but right now have to many to play before I can justify another

I have to agree with peglegann on the subject of walkthru I never use it unless I have positively exhausted every other option and when I do I only solve the current problem. Don't look ahead I won't buy a game without a walkthru for just that reason. Got stung that way before an never completed the games.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 9, 12 8:44 AM
I too didn't think much of this game at first, but am liking it more and more as I play. I am one of "those" who prefer more adventure and less Hos, but somehow all the hos are not bothering me in this game. They seem to be clear enough and not too "junkpilish" and there is enough adventure going on to allay the boredom of just searching for lists of stuff.
I too would prefer that the hint sends me in the right direction instead of saying there is nothing do do here. I am now in the town and I feel as if I have taken a trip to Europe so am having fun and will buy for sure.

Hello Ann, glad to see you here.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Sep 9, 12 10:41 AM
It's a buy for me too, despite the fact that I read someone finished it in 3 hrs including the demo hour with no hints. It always takes me forever to finish games cus I walk away a lot and leave it running. This one is worth it to me!

Go to: