rebahanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

The laser game with prisms

[Post New]by rebahanna on Sep 10, 12 8:18 AM
Has anyone figured this one out yet? Plus, what's up with how to move the light sticks? It seems hit & miss when I can finally get the beam to move in the direction I want it to go. Help!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:The laser game with prisms

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 10, 12 1:20 PM
This one is just a lot of planning and moving things around slightly to make a difference. A few tips:

-Both the mirrors will move, but not much and they are a pain to try to move. I had the best luck grabbing an outside edge of a mirror and moving the mouse clockwise or counterclockwise a little at a time to nudge the mirror where I wanted it to be.

-When each prism is hit with the laser, a light will light up.

-For each light that lights up, the disk on the top (your goal for the laser) will rotate a little to the right.

-All four lights must be lit to move the disk far enough to get the laser around the outside barrier of the disk and into the center.

-You will need to use the four prisms to get the laser to the second mirror on the top right, then adjust the mirror slightly to aim the beam at the disk.

-Prisms have to be placed so the the laser hits one of the two sides of the 90° angle, not the diagonal side.

I don't have time to replay it for you right now, but if you're still stuck when I come home from work tonight, I'll replay it and post a spoiler for you.

[Post New]by jlogicbud on Sep 23, 12 12:25 PM
Ok,

I've stuck....I've been trying for a day or so and it's driving me crazy....can ya hook me up plz?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 23, 12 8:34 PM
jlogicbud wrote:Ok,

I've stuck....I've been trying for a day or so and it's driving me crazy....can ya hook me up plz?

OK, here ya go... **SPOILER**

I'm describing locations as well as I can:

1) Move the left mirror so that the beam points to the top right hole - the one closest to the other mirror.
2) Place the prism with the longest side facing up in that hole.
3) The beam should now point to the bottom right hole - the one closest to the moon and on the right.
4) Place the prism with the longest side facing down in that hole.
5) The beam should now point to the hole farthest to the right.
6) Place the prism with the longest side facing right in that hole.
7) The beam should now point to the hole closest on the left - directly left and a little up.
8) Place the last prism in that hole.
9) Adjust the mirror on the left as needed to make sure that the beam now hits the top mirror.
10) Adjust the top mirror so that the beam hits the ruby in the sun symbol.

Done!

[Post New]by StillConfused on Oct 3, 12 3:26 PM
Burf90 Thank you for taking the time to post this! I know this is just a game but I was frustrated by this puzzle and you've helped me greatly.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 4, 12 1:09 PM
StillConfused wrote:Burf90 Thank you for taking the time to post this! I know this is just a game but I was frustrated by this puzzle and you've helped me greatly.

I understand perfectly and you're welcome! I never skip puzzles and won't use walkthroughs. I just keep trying until I finally solve them, but it makes for some long cranky days, sometimes.

S_T_J
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by S_T_J on Nov 18, 12 4:30 PM
This game is really nutty. I asked a question regarding this topic, since I got it exactly right, with a bit tinkering on my own, since I didn't get the solution to work for me. Nevertheless, the game didn't continue, so I quit, and restarted it. Slightly adjusting the mirror again, to let it shine directly at the prism...it had slipped down a bit before I quit, I tried again...and this time it worked immediately. Wierd indeed. Must have been a glitch in the game, since nothing was altered, but just restarted the game.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 4:37:25 PM PST

[Post New]by bluefishbone on Dec 1, 12 3:54 PM
6: Sun
5: Mirror
-o
3--o---o-4
--o----o--1
-2---------o
0: Mirror
Start: Moon

"o" = hole