bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Boutique Boulevard

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 11, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Boutique Boulevard ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Boutique Boulevard page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Boutique Boulevard

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 11, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Sep 11, 12 3:29 AM
What a silly, boring, waste of time game. I'm beginning to wonder if there are any developers out there actually working. From the selections we have been offered of late, it wouldn't seem so.
I shall clean house today and keep fingers crossed for tomorrow's offering.

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on Sep 11, 12 6:53 AM
Hello,

I really wanted to like this game. I just finished The Time Builders: Pyramid Rising 2 and was looking around for more time management games. This game had the look and feel of the Shop-N-Spree games, which I enjoyed, so I was optimistic.

The thing that discouraged me is that from the outset -- even diligently following the tutorial -- I was not able to achieve success on the very first level. I thought perhaps I had missed something, so I actually went back and entered a new profile to start over, but I couldn't figure out how to get a better than "poor" score for customer service. I could see the green un-smiley faces above the customers, but I didn't know why. Also, the "skip tutorial" button covered up whatever was going on above the dressing room.

I guess my overall disappointment was that the game didn't allow me to succeed and build up confidence as the game got more challenging.

I'm afraid this is a no-buy for me and I won't have a new game to play today.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Sep 11, 12 7:01 AM
I played this game halfway through the demo, and then bought it. I don't think it is as good as Bistro Boulevard, but it is something different to do between HOGs. Game play is similar to Bistro. Instead of placing tables you are placing merchandise shelves. Instead of guessing ingredients for recipes you are guessing clothing elements for outfits. Instead of seating customers you are dragging your staff of four around to assist customers which I did not care for. This is an okay game. Unfortunately, it is not Bistro Boulevard.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Sep 11, 12 7:57 AM
jpabich wrote:Hello,

The thing that discouraged me is that from the outset -- even diligently following the tutorial -- I was not able to achieve success on the very first level. I thought perhaps I had missed something, so I actually went back and entered a new profile to start over, but I couldn't figure out how to get a better than "poor" score for customer service.
I guess my overall disappointment was that the game didn't allow me to succeed and build up confidence as the game got more challenging.

Did you make sure to upgrade your employees skills? if you do that you should have no problem getting perfect scores in your store

although not as good as bistro boulevard i am enjoying this game and bought it. i don't really like how much i have to move the employees around, they were a little more automated in bistro boulevard. but still i am enjoying it and i think it's worth a buy. i like the boulevard games because you literally can spend as long as you want playing each store with no time limits. they also include a ton of options for decorating your stores so you can have any look you want. give this one a try if you like a nicely paced casual game that provides lots of upgrades for employees and decorating options. i replay bistro boulevard a lot and can see myself doing that with this one too so it's a good value.

happy gaming!

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Sep 11, 12 7:58 AM
I only played for a few minutes before I decided to buy it today. Bistro Boulevard is still one of my favorite games and one I play every so often. The thing I noticed about Bistro is that it gets better the further you get into the game, which I am expecting from this. I like the idea that you can change your workers' outfits, amp up the store, etc.....just like Bistro, except theirs was with food and restaurant decor. One other reason I am leaving this now to go buy is that I want to support the developers and let them know they did a really great job and we want more "fun" games..

I would like to suggest to anyone who hasn't played Bistro Boulevard to give it a try as well.

Edited on 09/11/2012 at 9:50:53 PM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 11, 12 8:11 AM
This one is ok..I might use a credit on it. Bistro Blvd was so much more fun. This gets dull constantly moving employees all over the place. I, too, failed the first level because I couldn't get a perfect day. Like someone said, it's an ok game while waiting for something better to come out in between HOGS.

Some of those customers waving their hands and getiing all mad because someone wasn't fast enough was making me want to jump through the monitor and slap their silly faces!!

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Sep 11, 12 8:13 AM
I normally enjoy all of this developer's offerings. But lately my joy is starting to wane. The constant bubble sound effect here gets annoying fast. The customers inexplicably are upset even though you have a trained staff member showing them exactly what they are looking for. Also purchasing decorations does not add any appeal to the store. There are some new ideas here, but unfortunately they're not well executed. And having worked in clothing retail world for more years than I care to admit, this one feels more like work without the perks and rewards.

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 9:51:03 PM PST

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Sep 11, 12 9:10 AM
MagicMark wrote:I normally enjoy all of _______'s offerings. But lately my joy is starting to wane. The constant bubble sound effect here gets annoying fast. The customers inexplicably are upset even though you have a trained staff member showing them exactly what they are looking for. Also purchasing decorations does not add any appeal to the store. There are some new ideas here, but unfortunately they're not well executed. And having worked in clothing retail world for more years than I care to admit, this one feels more like work without the perks and rewards.

purchasing decorations does improve the appeal of the store and your customers happiness as well (check the star drop down to see how much appeal you need from decor to get the decor star). also to make sure customers are happy you need to pay close attention to their requests, some of them might require 2 items to be fully happy.

honestly i am surprised to see that there are so many complaints about the mechanics of the game as i am having no problems eventually getting all 5 stars so far. just keep upgrading employees (all of them all the way as you may have to rotate them when someone is stocking shelves), store decor, look at your star requirements (there is a drop down right under your star rating to see what else you need to get more stars), and make sure your customers have all the required items available within an outfit to make it exactly what they want. i just finished store 2 and by doing all these things i'm able to complete each store with all stars. and remember guys you aren't timed, you can take as many days as you need to get there.

hope this helps you enjoy the game more XD

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 11:49:40 AM PST

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Sep 11, 12 9:49 AM

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 2:37:35 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 11, 12 10:43 AM
This developer is one of my favourites when it comes to relaxing, cute games with nice graphics. The moment I saw it was Boutique Boulevard I knew I'd have to have it because I really enjoy Bistro Boulevard.

The gameplay is very similar, but obviously it's a fashion store (not my favourite kind of TM theme at all). The characters are nowhere near as appealing as those of the Bistro and I really can't get too excited about putting clothes together or placing them on a shelf. The other drag is, quite literally, that you have to drag an assistant to serve a customer, even when you have all staff in play. It would have been better to 'click' them there.

As with the Bistro game, you need to hit targets, complete tasks, train staff and make your store as appealing as possible.

I'll keep going, but it's not a patch on Bistro Boulevard and I'd rather they'd made the sequel to that than this so-and-so half offering. A bit disappointing.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 11, 12 10:44 AM
(Just copying and pasting my review from the review page, sorry to those reading twice).

I was pleased when I realised this was like the Bistro Boulevard game and within a few minutes, I knew I'd buy it.
I like these kind of time management games, where it's not just a massive click-fest. It's much slower paced and you can upgrade and achieve the goals as you wish. You can also move onto the next shop as long as you have enough stars, you don't have to achieve every goal beforehand.

If you are getting stuck having to move your staff around, as another reviewer said, it's best to upgrade to more staff and training first. it's easier and you don't have to have every outfit available straight away. Plus, to save money, I put one person on the till and don't let them go anywhere else and *just* upgrade their "till" skills. Same with the changing room person when I have enough staff. The other two work shop floor and greeting.

Another positive is that you can change wallpaper and flooring straight-away to the design you like as it doesn't cost anything.

Best BF TM game for some time. Hurrah for something that doesn't get me irritated and become just a clicking game!

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Sep 11, 12 11:11 AM
Definite buy for me! I loved Bistro Boulevard. I think it's much easier to unlock the clothes than the food items though. When you finally have a full staff you don't have to drag them around as much. I've finished with the first two out of six boutiques already and each took me about an hour. I just hope that unlike Bistro Boulevard that maybe just maybe the later levels would have two changing room, two cash registers, 8 employees and a ton of shelving units. That's the only thing I slightly disliked about the Bistro how repetitive it seemed to get with just a different theme.

ETA: I'm so glad I got this game!!!!

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 7:37:24 AM PST

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Sep 11, 12 3:46 PM
I liked this game also. At the beginning of each location, the customers inevitably get upset no matter how fast you serve them. Improving the store as time goes on reduces their anger and they become happier, just like in the Bistro one. I don't think it's a good idea for people who play this game to quit it prematurely in the demo because they see unhappy faces and letting that discourage them for playing it further. It gets better when you buy stuff! Lots of variety in decor and overall, I think the developer did a good job with it.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 12, 12 3:38 AM
I have just finished "shopping spree paradise" and I got Master levels in all locations, and it was really fun to play, ok, in this one the dynimics are different, but I din't like very much as others I played in the past, The outfits are awful, the staff get lost in the costumer's crowd, the stores are too small to decorate with more shelfes and ornaments, the only things I liked were the changhing of the floor and wallpapers, but the options were not so creative! Too bad, I pass on this one!!!

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Sep 12, 12 8:38 AM
I thought I would like this game, but from the start the amount of information that had to be read put me off straight away. Deleted it after just a few minutes as I knew I wouldn't like it.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Sep 12, 12 9:01 AM
I've played three of the buildings and I have to say it is just as much fun as Bistro Blvd if not more...for me that is. I really think the characters are cute, the music is nice, game play is fun, yet a little challenging, and I really like the sounds throughout the game. I say the same thing to myself in this game as I do Bistro Blvd, which is: I'm only going to do one more then I am going to quit. It just never seems to happen as I have to do one more, then one more, then one more.....

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 12, 12 4:56 PM
I kinda of agree to the dragging of employees, but its still a fun game. I quite like it and will get it to play if I can play for free via library or some free download websites

Control can be slightly off esp when trying to fix wallpapers and flooring, u have to literally paste VERY hard to get it to fix to the floor, not very sensitive, but overall its still ok

3/5

densh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by densh on Sep 12, 12 11:43 PM
This game is different but some characteristics are the same when compared to Bistro Boulevard. In the other game, all we did was seat the customers and the waiters and chefs would get right on to it. This one we have to move the staff around. I tend to train staff in particular things such as one staff would be brilliant at the till and the other would be in the changing room. the other two i would make them brilliant for the greeting and for the sales. It would be best if they are expert at both those things considering one staff might have to restock. You play this game on your own pace. Is it just me or does one of the characters look like the main character in the game Fashion Fits or ff. Also, these customers do not have any patience at all. Its a good game. It's a buy from me.

Go to: