bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper technical issues here only

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Sep 12, 12 1:28 AM
Downloaded the game, installed Nvidia, restarted the computer and then when I clicked on PLAY the wall came up and then the computer froze.. Had to CTRL ALT DEL to get out as I lost cursor also. Did this 3 times all with the same result. Since it takes so long to download, I am hesitant to uninstall and reinstall but that might be the only option.

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Sep 12, 12 1:31 AM
installed, restarted, says i have already used my trial

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Sep 12, 12 1:35 AM
Hi.

I was wondering why we HAD to install the NVidia software when many of us have radeon installed.

I googled it and

Includes the latest PhysX runtime builds to support all released PhysX content.
Changes & fixed issues in this release
Performance updates for various applications including Batman Arkham City, Alice 2 and other 2.8.4 applications.
Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series, 100-series, 200-series, 300-series, 400-series, 500-series, and 600-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
Note: Some applications may have higher minimum requirements.
Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in many games and demos, some of which are highlighted in PowerPack downloads here.
Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce for SDK versions 2.7.1, 2.7.3, 2.7.4, 2.7.5, 2.7.6, 2.8.0, 2.8.1, 2.8.3 and 2.8.4 (requires graphics driver v300 or later).
Supports control of your GPU PhysX configuration from the NVIDIA display driver control panel.
AGEIA PhysX processors users should use and install older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04. Note – AGEIA PPU acceleration support for 2.8.1 SDK or earlier, and Windows Vista and Windows XP only.

Basically we had to install software we don't need and then reboot the computer. I find this very odd and have never come across this with all my games from Big Fish.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 12, 12 1:53 AM
Thanks for the info, Jojo... Frankly, it all sounds like googlegob to me, and I think I will uninstall the game again without having tried it. I am still getting heart palpatations from the other game that game me a blue screen of death a couple of days ago. So I am weary about this right now.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Sep 12, 12 2:01 AM
hi valdy, i do run nvidia and did the install, twice now i`ve had blue screen, it simply wont let me play

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 12, 12 2:08 AM
Downloading of the game is stuck at "Installing 99 %".....

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 12 2:28 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry that you all have had this trouble and I will do my best to help you with the issues you are having.

So firstly I just wanted to say that this add on that you are being asked to install is necessary for the game to play correctly. It is a program that works independently from your graphics card, whether you have a Nvidia card or not and I can assure you that it is both necessary and safe.

For those of you having trouble with the game starting up for you or if you are seeing that blue screen, I would suggest having a look at the help article here, which will guide you through updating other elements that run your game.

mrsj - the advice above should also help you as a trial will often show as expired if the game can't start. Then, after ensuring your sytem is up to date, please uninstall and reinstall your game to reset it and hopefully, the trial time should be available.

Poutoule - did you accept the Nvidia add on prompt? This is a necessary add on and when a game stalls at 99% like you described, it is normally due to missing a a prompt like that.

Finally, I just wanted to let you all know that our Tech Support Team would be glad to hear from you and to offer some more specific support if you like!

Hoping this helps Fishies!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 3:44:32 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 12, 12 2:32 AM
Thanks Baikal No I didn't accept it, I'm very cautious about installing new things. Thanks for explaining, I have uninstalled the game, will download again and accept, hoping it will run fine.

Thank you

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 12, 12 2:48 AM
Poutoule wrote:Thanks Baikal No I didn't accept it, I'm very cautious about installing new things. Thanks for explaining, I have uninstalled the game, will download again and accept, hoping it will run fine.

Thank you

'ello Poutoule...

Actually, I didn't accept that INVIDIA installation, and when the installation then stopped at 99%, I thought it was because of that. But then I minimized a window and behind it was another box that told me that I had to restart the computer for the game to work. And when I clicked on that one, the installation came to 100%.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 12, 12 3:51 AM
Downloaded and installed NVidia, restarted my computer and no sign of the game on the Game Manager. It did appear in programs but when I clicked on that, it said game already running!

I've uninstalled and am in the process of redownloading. Hopefully it will work this time.

Its a real shame there are so many problems with this game. At least though, with the hour trial, we can find all the glitches before buying it!

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Sep 12, 12 3:55 AM
Downloaded the game, installed nvidia, and it said my trial had expired. I just uninstalled and forget about playing this game. First time this has happened to me with a game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 12 3:55 AM
Hi janspack,

So you are recieving an 809 error message?

The following help article will help you with this error:

Another Game Currently Running (Error 809)

If the problem persist, and you feel like you need some more help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 4:09:29 AM PST

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hagglebag on Sep 12, 12 4:34 AM
Downloaded fine. Installed NVidia and restarted computer. Game loaded to opening fine. When I click on new game, game goes to new scene then freezes. Tried 3 Times. Have to close the programme with control, alt, delete. Then get a message error access violation ox004C9500 tried to read from 0x00000000. close that, then get new message This programme is not responding. A shame because this is the type of game I would normally enjoy. Will now uninstall from my computer.

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Sep 12, 12 4:40 AM
I installed the game and extra programme as requested, but the game is not working.
I clicked the 'new game' button and the screen changes to a line sketch of some buildings and a brick and fence bit along the bottom of the screen. Then it freezes up and there is no cursor.
My only way out was to xtrl-alt-del to start the task manager and shut it down from there.
Tried reloading, same response.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 12 4:48 AM
Hi hagglebag and Bluecassie37,

hagglebag - Have you tried looking at the following help article which provides advice for the error you are seeing?

Access Violation

Bluecassie37 - as your game is freezing and displaying strangely, I would encourage you to have a look at the helpa article below, which will help your computer to handle this game more efficently:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If either of you would like us to look into your problem and provide some troubleshooting specific to your computer, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. We would be happy to help and provide some more specific advice.

I reeally hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 4:49:17 AM PST

[Post New]by lindamarie324 on Sep 12, 12 5:21 AM
This game is impossible to play ....reinstalled and thought everything was ok....Game plays like someone cut things up and I do not mean Jack the Ripper !!!! Delete Delete Delete

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 12, 12 5:25 AM
lindamarie324 wrote:This game is impossible to play ....reinstalled and thought everything was ok....Game plays like someone cut things up and I do not mean Jack the Ripper !!!! Delete Delete Delete
Did you install the PhysX software after the game?

[Post New]by lindamarie324 on Sep 12, 12 5:33 AM
After the game ??? I did install what it asked before the game

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 5:35:56 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 12, 12 6:01 AM
Heya lindamarie324,

I'm so sorry to hear that Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper just doesn't want to play right.

In this case it might help to check that all your drivers are up to date as bfgBaikal mentioned a bit ago.

If this does not help your game to run more smoothly I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Tech Support so they can have a closer look at that for you. If you also include a Dr. Felix report they'll have all the information right at hand and can help you even faster.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Go to: