bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Tradewinds Legends forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Tradewinds Legends forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Tradewinds Legends players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Tradewinds Legends forum

[Post New]by erbium68 on Sep 14, 08 7:22 AM
My game keeps freezing up every time I try to purchase the book. Any ideas?? Patches? Something? Thanks

[Post New]by trawler on Feb 10, 09 2:21 PM
i have a debt after getting the golden old lady from her burnt-down retirement home! Finished the quest but debt persists! Did i miss something or hit the wrong button?

[Post New]by Muppetmin on Jan 9, 10 12:51 PM
I think I would enjoy this game if I didn't get killed so often! Spend all available cash on buying defensively, i.e. I use up curses quickly and spend too much money on replacing them, so I can't upgrade ships and then get sunk! There must be a trick or strategy to staying alive and actually managing to amass enough cash to upgrade to better ships.
Any help would be appreciated.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Persistent Debt

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 23, 10 5:42 PM
trawler wrote:i have a debt after getting the golden old lady from her burnt-down retirement home! Finished the quest but debt persists! Did i miss something or hit the wrong button?
No, you just have to pay it off. Just like any debt you intentionally incurred.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Not Getting Killed Right Off

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 23, 10 5:57 PM
Muppetmin wrote:I think I would enjoy this game if I didn't get killed so often! Spend all available cash on buying defensively, i.e., I use up curses quickly and spend too much money on replacing them, so I can't upgrade ships and then get sunk! There must be a trick or strategy to staying alive and actually managing to amass enough cash to upgrade to better ships.
You have a LOT of curses to start with. Don't bother replacing them until you absolutely need to.

Moreover, don't use curses unless you have to! Try "going bare" for the first several combats, and you will see that when there are no ships more advanced than yours, you will easily survive the combat with entirely affordable repair bills. (You can always Load an earlier Save if my advice isn't working for you.)

Buy another ship, preferably bigger than your starter, as soon as you can afford it--which will be in a very few "weeks" after starting--and put a Stone Golem on it, plus maybe a D10,000 medium-size gun if you're nervous. (But Golems are far and away the most effective per dinarius.) Your foes will have to divide their shots, so your mini-fleet will be at least twice as hard to sink. Increase your fleet to 3, then start putting more Golems on board.

When you eventually do need to start using curses and have to buy new ones, buy ONLY Plagues of bees. Aim them at all (but only) ships stronger than the average of your fleet. If they can't shoot at you for 10 seconds, that gives you time to destroy practically anything just with your guns.

Note that this last (Plagues only) is my personal opinion. Obviously, others must prefer different strategies, or the other 3 kinds of curses wouldn't be available! However, I have played and succeeded with 5 different characters using these guidelines, so I must be doing something right.

[Post New]by wendycat00 on Nov 8, 10 8:11 PM
HOW I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS GAME. EVERYTIME I PLAY IT I FIND OUT SOMETHING NEW ABOUT IT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S NOT MORE POPULAR. THE CUSTOM CHARACTERS ARE FUN AND THE ADVENTURES ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT. I WISH YOU COULD INTERACT WITH THE TINY FIGURES THAT WALK AROUND IN THE CITIES. MY FAVORITE TIP: WAREHOUSES ARE THE KEY TO AMASSING BIG FORTUNES. WHEN A ARTICLE LIKE GUNPOWDER OR RUGS IS BANNED AND YOU HAVE A WAREHOUSE THERE, CHECK THE PRICE IT'S SELLING AT. SOMETIMES IT'S 11,OOO DOLLARS! IT WON'T BE CONFISCATED EITHER!

akarle2002
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akarle2002 on Dec 19, 10 8:33 AM
I like tradewinds Lengends and Odyssey the best but I am hoping there will be another game to come along. Does anyone know?

Go to: