bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 12:36:56 AM PST

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by galphimia on Sep 13, 12 12:53 AM
Do I have to change screen resolution ? The Big Fish logo has an oval stretched form and all the figures are long and thin.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 13, 12 1:10 AM
galphimia wrote:Do I have to change screen resolution ? The Big Fish logo has an oval stretched form and all the figures are long and thin.

Have you tried clicking or declicking the "Aspect Ratio" button in the Option section? That might make a difference.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 13, 12 1:19 AM
It is a good thing that this game has been released for both PC and MAC platforms, but it would be of more use to all concerned if there were separate Technical Difficulties forums/posts set up to enable differentiation between tech problems encountered on the different OS.u
In the "interim" it would be useful if those of you who have tech probs would state the OS you are using.
Cheers

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 1:21:25 AM PST

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by galphimia on Sep 13, 12 1:22 AM

Have you tried clicking or declicking the "Aspect Ratio" button in the Option section? That might make a difference.

Clicking on the "Aspect Ratio" button makes things worse. Stretched pictures and black bars on both sides.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 13, 12 1:31 AM

The screen was not filled in "full screen" (not even with side bars) - and sort of not even centered.....and unclicking full screen gave me just the smaller window version. Clicking and unclicking "aspect ratio" made no difference at all in either screen option.

The puzzles played very slowed down.
I'm using a 6 year old PC but this is the first Orneon game I've had any technical problems with.

I was REALLY looking forward to buying this game, as I have all of the others by this developer.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Sep 13, 12 1:42 AM
galphimia wrote:

Clicking on the "Aspect Ratio" button makes things worse. Stretched pictures and black bars on both sides.

Same with my computer. When I try to click full screen it says the game will not run full screen on my present screen resolutions. I don't like to fool around with the resolutions as I am not a tek geek and tend to get into trouble easily when I try to change things.

Black side bars, and top and bottom black bars -- or both, depending if I have the 'aspect ratio' button clicked in Options. Will go in and play the complete demo in a few hours just to see if I like the game.

Durn it all anyway.....durn, durn.....I was so excited with the prospect of this CE today.....I usually don't have the black bar problems that others sometimes do. Well this time I do.

Running Windows 7 with Nvidia graphics on my PC. Will wait for more feedback.

JT

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 13, 12 1:52 AM
Having the "Aspect Ratio" ticked or deticked made no difference to my screen. I got widescreen either way, but both times there was a tiny bit of black bar left on either side - which doesn't bother me.

I own a Sony Vaio widescreen laptop with Win7.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Sep 13, 12 1:52 AM
I have never had this problem before either. Clicking and unclicking the aspect button means that in the Hos I can't see the bottom of the list and when I can see the bottom of the list the screen is long thing and the print and objects are much tinier.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 13, 12 2:21 AM
I found that clicking the aspect ratio button stretched it to almost full screen on a widescreen monitor with just very small black bars down either side. Otherwise it was long and narrow. My resolution is 1920 x 1080, running Vista with Radeon graphics card.

Chamuel82
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Chamuel82 on Sep 13, 12 2:25 AM
I'm reading the tech issues and I have exactly the same problems !
The big fish logo is long and thin. When I try to declick the aspect ratio it tells me that it can't be done! I can't even play in windowed mode and there are black bars.

I even had my video card updated but still didn't help!
I uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times but it didn't make any difference!
I never had this problem before with a game from these developers as I own the other 2 games in these series !

Needless to say I'm really disappointed as I was really looking foward to playing it!

Damn !

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Sep 13, 12 2:37 AM
Same problems with screen size here........anyone finding a screen size that improves things please post !

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 12 2:58 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks to all of you that have been making suggestions on how to remedy this display issue.

I would encourage you to have a look at the following help articles which will give you tips on how to improve the way your games and computer communicate with one another:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Screen Resolution

If you have tried this already, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to provide dedicated support.

Thank you for working with us in this.

bfgBaikal

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Sep 13, 12 5:37 AM
The right side of the game is off the screen. I can't see the "hint" button or anything else that may be over there. I tried clicking the aspect radio as well as screen resolution and neither worked. Any other suggestions out there?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 12 5:52 AM
Hi peh4psu,

I would suggest checking that there are no driver updates you can run as this is another factor that will help display the game correctly.

The help article here will help you to do that.

If the problem persists after trying this, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

One of our Reps will be happy to make some more specific suggestions.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Sep 13, 12 6:32 AM
i accidently clicked aspect ratio and it says screen resolution. i shut computer down and tried to play the trial and went back to screen resolution. what is the size and i will try please. i was doing ok and went to options to change curser but now i cant do anything.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Sep 13, 12 6:57 AM
decided to uninstall and reinstalling and hopefully that will help. if not will quit the game all together. i cant keep shutting computer down. it is making me very angry. by the way i have windows vista.

[Post New]by brightwander on Sep 13, 12 8:22 AM
This is the third game from BF that I've had screen resolution problems.

At the gate whereby you have to turn the tiles, the cursor was jerky, at times unresponsive, and a long lag time after clicking on a tile before the tile turned.

Changing the aspect ration had no effect. Still had a black bar on the right with the screen image disappearing at the bottom.

My monitor is set at 1280 x 1024 (no widescreen here) with a Radeon 3450 HD graphics card. I was able to manually change my screen resolution through the menu button on my monitor, but it only shifted the image about 1/2 inch to the right.. Bottom image still disappears: like the box for the HO objects is sliced through the bottom half of the last line where the items are listed.

All drivers are updated. I don't really think there is resolution to this problem until developers can RESOLVE THE ISSUES OF WIDESCREEN AND NON-WIDESCREEN RESOLUTIONS for the various sizes of monitors.

It's just a theory, but these problems didn't start until the complaints about widescreen options took hold. Maybe the developers still need to work out the kinks in this aspect of their coding.

By the way, in the previous games with this problem and after trying every possible solution, BF did refund my purchase price in the form of game credits (my choice).

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 8:25:46 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 13, 12 9:20 AM
Hello to everyone who are having problems with stretched graphics. I haven't read enough to be sure it is the same issue some of us had with the Theatre of Shadows: As You Wish game. I thought I would post a solution a fellow gamer suggested to fix the problem for us in that game but will quote those posts here in case it may help someone. I should note I use a full screen monitor, not a wide screen monitor. Good luck!!
shadowfax44 wrote:
fish4game wrote:Hello, fishes
I had this problem with black bars on the top and below the screen. While trying to find the solution I did everything possible with all settings in my computer and I found how to solve this problem. Try this, hope it will work for you too!!!
Don't worry, it's not so hard as it looks like )
What I did:
- go to PC's Control Pannel
- choose Control Pannel of your video card (I have NVIDIA)
- choose menu "Adjust desktop size and positions" in a Display settings
- be sure the "Use my display's built in scaling" marked in opened menu

When you change this satting the black bars disappears and the game reflects on the whole display. It is much much better in that way, very beautifull ))

I hope it will help you to solve the problem. Have a happy gaming

Fish4game You are a genius!... a hero!! It worked!!
I did not have the "Use my display's built in scaling" option in my NVidia control panel but in "Select a Scaling Mode" category I unchecked "Aspect Ratio" and checked the box next to "Full-screen" and it worked!! It eliminated the stretched/squished graphics!! Yay!!

For those with display issues... Be sure to try this!! I do believe that I get to play this game now!!

Thank you Fish4game!!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Sep 13, 12 9:50 AM
This game on my old XP Gateway, not widescreen monitor, is doing a version of what others have reported: not filling the screen, something I've encountered only once before, and everything is elongated, and the distortion is hard on the eyes. The aspect ratio in the game makes no difference at all -- when I clicked that nothing changed -- I have large black bars at the sides. I really like this game, but I'm not buying it with that kind of problem. I updated my drivers a few weeks ago, although my video card is old. Right now I'd rather see a fix to this problem than mess around with my computer's settings.

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 3:06:55 PM PST

Go to: