bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 13, 12 1:06 AM
Morning, all...

This game has 7 chapters plus the Bonus Adventure.

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over.

I get widescreen, and there is something called "Aspect Ratio".

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There are Achievements.

There are 31 records to be found.

You can lock the Inventory into place or open the lock so it slides down while not in use.

The HINT button, which only takes 15 seconds to refill in Easy mode... is at the right.

Above it you will find a crystal ball, which is called "Amulet". You can DO things with it.

Your Notebook, the Menu button and the SG (strategy guide), which stays open where you last left it open, is at the left.

I have come across 3 different iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes):
the ones where you find items by the name list,
the ones where you find items by silhouettes,
and the ones where you have to put items back into the scene.

Puzzles are not too hard - so far - and can be skipped. The SKIP button only takes about 40-45 seconds to fill in Easy mode.

--- --- ---

The one thing I am immensely grateful for is that the developers have not added any background sounds that drive me around the bend, i.e. crows cawing !! I am so glad I didn't hear any such things. Thank you, developers.

The graphics are very well done, also in the HOS, and gameplay is fun and interesting. This is definitely a buy for me.

--- --- ---

PS: If you buy this game today, tomorrow or Saturday, and add either one or both of the previous "Agency of Anomalies" games to your shopping list, you get those previous games for just $2.99 (that's the Standard Edition).
This is a good offer for new members.

Of course, needless to say, I already own the last 2 games. *sigh* Hands up who doesn't.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Sep 13, 12 1:24 AM
I can't improve or disagree with Valdy's excellent review.

I would just like to add, this game is a treat visually.

In the 50 mins I played the scenes were all quite busy (as in loads to do) and progression was logical. (Although in one HOS yo had to open Champagne with a corkscrew )

The only drawback for me is the "getting tired now" story line and the unrealistic powers. I feel that games this good don't need the gimmicks. (Such things have their place in a fantasy setting like awakening etc)

I expect I will buy but either as a SE or in a sale.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 13, 12 1:30 AM
Good morning Valdy, jojo and all,

With the prediction given by Hondo on Monday of two CEs coming out this week, I must say that I was really looking much more forward to the other title. But I got a surprise with this one----this an excellent game!!

First of all, kudos to Orneon (I'm guessing it's ok to name this dev) for joining the obvious trend of offering widescreen to many more gamers. I think it's fair to say now that most developers are offering this option on their CE releases. I said most. There is still one significant major dev that does not, but I'll be polite and not mention them by name. (What's up, doc?) But obviously this dev has come to understand how much the widescreen adds to the beauty of the presentation.

Second, there is really not much to add as to the particulars of the game that hasn't already been covered by Valdy in her excellent review.I'll just say that the story is tried and true (still fun for me, car from the 1940s running off the road and all), the graphics are excellent, the play mechanics are very smooth, and the game is great fun.

Oh, one thing I liked is the bonus content----no wallpapers or screensavers or musical soundtracks, but instead there are replayable mini-games and achievements. I know a lot of you like the wallpapers and screensavers (never have a use for them myself, much less like thinking I'm paying extra to have them) but to me the idea of a musical soundtrack is just plain useless! Who is actually going to keep these tunes to listen to later? But ironically, if a game ever deserved a musical soundtrack, it would be this one because its music is superb!!

Anyway, a great game that I will buy. (And an excellent offer on 2 other games from at an excellent price!!)

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 2:13:34 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 13, 12 1:36 AM
Played 25 minutes, casual

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, hardcore
- Integrated SG which stays on the page you leave
- 7 chapters and bonus chapter
- Bonuses : mini games, SG, achievements, concept art
- Voice overs
- You get awards (using no hint in H0, not skipping mini games, etc)
- You've got to find 31 records throughout the game
- Note book
- No map
- You get an amulet of Astra Projections
- H0, 3 types, names, silhouettes, objects to put back in, you interact
- Hint refills really quickly and is useful outside H0
- SCREEN : I have no widescreen and I get (first time for these games) black bars
- Mini games are the regular ones
- Excellent graphics

Long time a strange creature hadn't created a car crash ! You've got to rescue theater performers turning into freaks. This looks like an excellent game and I would be perfectly happy if it wasn't for the black bars I can't adjust, never had this problem before with The Agency of Anomalies' games. Still, it's a buy for me.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 13, 12 1:51 AM
Valdy and Poutoule did a wonderful summary of all the options, features and mechanics of the game. I have only played the demo, but really enjoyed the storyline - suspenseful and mysterious without gore and torture (at least, thus far). One concern is that it might be a bit short as CE's go. In the demo, you have the opportunity to almost finish the first two chapters; and there are only seven all together; plus the Bonus play. I played on the Easy level, did not skip any mini-games, used one hint, found 8 of 31 records, did not skip dialogue or cut scenes, perused the SG and enjoyed the beauty of the scenes and finished the demo in 59 minutes. There is a smattering of Chapter 2 left to finish, but it means that there is essentially 5 regular chapters left and the Bonus. That would leave about another 2-1/2 hours play for the regular game, and whatever the Bonus provides. I loved what I played in the demo, but I'm not certain it's worth the CE price.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 13, 12 2:39 AM
I won't bother with all the available options for customising the game, since Valdy has done an excellent job of describing everything! Suffice to say this is an instant buy for me after what seems an age waiting for a decent game to come along.

Beautiful graphics, a really interesting storyline, variety in the hidden object scenes and some very good puzzles (found the one in the recipe book quite tricky to figure out!) make this one of the best CE's for a while. The aspect ration button stretched the game to almost full screen with just a very narrow black bar down either side (on a w/s monitor).

Had a credit already so bought another one to get the full game. Can't wait to play it

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Sep 13, 12 8:24 AM

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 3:05:53 AM PST

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Sep 13, 12 9:22 AM
Ok, so here are my thoughts for what they are worth lol...I'm kind of torn on this one...first of all because of the way I have my screen resolution set all of my games are wide screen except for this one...I have the two black bars thats been mentioned before...its really odd to me since I have never had an issue with widescreen until now. I experimented with the aspect ratio button and the screen flickered around but thats all I could see. As far as the game itself the graphics are great, the music good, and i like the storyline, but it seems like it plays a little clunky...if that makes any sense. All I can say is its worth giving the demo a shot, and see where it takes you. I think its worth a buy, but as a SE or with a credit. Hope everyone is having a good week! Happy gaming

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Sep 13, 12 10:27 AM
I agree with biscuits mama. I seldom even think of downloading a game now before reading the reviews which,although some games are not to my taste gives me an excellent idea what they are about.

Because of this I seldom post a review but I had to comment on this one as I am very impressed with the bonus part of it. What a wonderful idea the developers thought up.

Because of this the game is a buy for me as I feel I have had two for one and I certainly like a bargain.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 13, 12 11:14 AM
Well, darn, what a great offer today...I already have the other two Anomalies games and really liked them. This one did not disappoint either. I was drawn in from the very beginning.

Excellent graphics, music and game play. Nice SG, interesting and fun games. Nice HOGs. I really like the fact that the chapters are all listed, so you can get an idea of how long the game may be. I had 14 minutes left on my demo when the game ended, so I know I have a few more hours of play. Looks to be a nice long game. Definite buy for me, which I already did.

Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Sep 13, 12 11:39 AM
First, the positives: Excellent graphics, well done voice, and appropriate music that I don't want to mute. I love the humorous comments. I sometimes don't bother reading the text, but this is just fun. When you find an item, it's nice to see something other than "congratulations you have found..." In this game, the wording is different when you pick up each item. These little details make this one unique.

Hints and skips recharge very quickly in easy mode, which is great for those puzzles I either can't do or don't enjoy doing. There is variety in the hidden object scenes: find the object on the list, find the silhouette, and put the object in its place.

Now my one and only pet peeve. Why must there be an annoying noise when you locate an item in a hidden object scene? I don't want to turn the sound off completely, because I want to hear the voices and the music. How about a separate control for those who like the noises, a less intrusive noise, or no noise at all? This one is so bothersome that I muted the sound for all HOs!

All in all, an excellent game.

Does anyone else think the mask with the beak-nose looks like the villain from Grim Facade Mystery of Venice?

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 13, 12 12:17 PM
Can't add much to the comments that other's have wrote. Enjoy the game and like that the hints load fast and show you where to go instead of saying nothing more to do here,(really hate that). Graphics seem to be good and voice overs fun. Have both of "The Agency of Anomalies" and really liked them. Can't take advantage of the great buy they have and if you can, do so.. Give this a 4 out of 5 stars..

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 12:20:33 PM PST

[Post New]by sister2insanity on Sep 13, 12 12:47 PM
This is 3rd in the series & having purchased the first two, I've been waiting for this release since the beta test in June..

The devs are also a personal favorite of mine and this game didn't disappoint. I'm thrilled they released a CE version & it's full of goodies that deem it worthy of a "CE" title.

Plot: Find out what's become of the missing theatre performers and the discover what's behind their mysterious "ailments" and return them to human form

- 3 levels of play: casual, advanced, and hardcore. I played hardcore mode. No hints, sparkles or puzzle skips and you can't change it mid-game. Should you get stuck, the SG is very helpful will rescue you from a puzzle if needed.
- Crisp graphics, very clean. Mouse clicking was accurate
- VO were nice with the option to skip & much improved over the beta test
- No map but back tracking wasn't bad at all and it was logical; relatively contained to a few areas and I didn't forget what purpose the items had or where I needed to go.

+ Special powers are learned along the way & used as you progress through the game (5 total)

+ Great mixture of HOS, puzzle and adventure with a bit more puzzle / mini games. HOS consist of 3 different variaties which kept them fun (IHOGs, putting items where they belong and finally, locating items by their silhouettes) and while technically junkpiles, they weren't too cluttered for me. I'd say they were more like "scattered heaps". Also, I didn't groan at the site of them which says a lot. HOS are my least favorite since they tend to feel more like chores than anything else but thankfully, I didn't encounter that issue here

+ Puzzles are a new spin on the classics which was refreshing, with some I've never seen before

CE also includes:

+ Achievements (11 total)
+ 31 Secret objects to collect (vinyl records)
+ Bonus puzzles to play afterwards
+ SG that keeps your place
+ Bonus chapter

Simply put... If you enjoyed the first two games, you don't wanna miss this one. Thanks BF for yet another excellent addition to my growing collection

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Sep 13, 12 2:15 PM
This games are getting better and better, the last two were nice and entertaining and this one is just as good.

Love the quality of the graphics, the interactive HOscenes and the puzzles.

I have to say that this one is a another keeper.

Keep bringing them and I will keep adding them to my collection.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 13, 12 6:07 PM
I just don't see if as good enough for a CE cost - I might wait till the SE but too dark, don't like all the wizard stuff.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 14, 12 2:58 AM
I finished the game and really liked it. The bonus game was a let-down to me though. Repetitive puzzles that I didn't care much for, in comparison to the main game more % of HOS and very short. Like they had to add a bonus to make it a CE. Too bad.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 14, 12 4:35 AM
Well structured game, nice graphics, but I had problems with some puzzles, maybe glitches, also, in the SG the descriptions of the solutions were wrong! I will consider this game, as SE, after this tech problems will be fixed!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Sep 15, 12 9:17 AM
Fantastic game. just finished and loved it. A great mix of everything.

Go to: