peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collectors Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 13, 12 12:45 AM
Hello everyone
Well, I tried it to see if it works. I do not have the time to play now but this is looking like a great game! Achievements, not many but looking good!

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 12:46:07 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collectors Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 13, 12 1:10 AM
Hi Ann, can't wait to play - might be able to do so before midnight my time.
I missed one of the teddy bear postcards on my first play through of the previous game.
Cheers

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Comments for The Agency of Anomalies: The Last Performance Collectors Edition

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 13, 12 1:19 AM
(Double-post here)

Hey D-L-Oz and others--This one is a keeper, as far as I'm concerned! Yep, it's got the tried and true car crash in the beginning, but it's done really well.

Three gameplay modes, good voice acting (so far), beautiful graphics, interactive H0 scenes, a fast-reloading Hint system that works in-and-out of those H0 scenes. Didn't try the integrated SG yet. One mini-game so far--the "rotating slider-type"--not too tough. Good musical background (but I turned the speakers down a bit).

I almost bought this sight-unseen, but thought I'd check out the demo first (always a good idea). Didn't take me long to hit the "Buy It" button!

Regards, elldee

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Sep 13, 12 2:22 AM
hey fishies,
took about 5 minutes for me to come out and buy this one, brilliant!
Hi DLO!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 13, 12 2:32 AM
Hi Flo ... and others.
Game activated .... in a reasonable time ... checked for tech OKs.... all fine .....but had to drag myself away to eat .... can't wait to get back to my game.
Cheers

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 13, 12 5:33 AM
So sorry to see this series come to a close!!! Really thought there were at least a few more ways they could go on with the storyline. Everyone of the games in the series was done perfect as far as I am concerned and if this one has to end I hope the Devs have another series like it in the works. Happy Gaming All!!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 13, 12 6:15 AM
I played the demo and its a buy so thanks BF

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Sep 13, 12 3:04 PM
"Above it you will find a crystal ball, which is called "Amulet". You can DO things with it."

The above was written by Valdy in her review of the game and it's that part of the game which troubles me. I'm afraid if you have to interact with a crystal ball, I wouldn't care for the game. There just seems that so many games have to have something to do with occult themes. So, I guess I'll continue to wait and hope some games with no occult are released soon. Looks like I may have a LONG wait

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 3:06:36 PM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 13, 12 10:15 PM
I have the first two games - the orphanage is my favorite, but this one just isn't grabbing me. Not sure why. Maybe i'll wait for the SE.

Celticcoco

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 13, 12 11:46 PM
Hi there Itsupikachu,
If you played the second game in the series (Orphanage) you will remember that you received special powers from the orphans when you returned their lost items and the powers were located in a circle on the bottom RHS of the screen.
The crystal ball to which Valdy is referring in this game is the graphic where the special powers you receive are stored on this occasion.
I am nowhere near completing this game at this point in time, so I don't know if it has any occult themes or whether the crystal ball will actually need to be used - I haven't come across any as yet.
Perhaps others who have finished the game will supply you with further information.
Cheers

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Sep 14, 12 11:24 PM
Judging by the title, is this the last game in the series? I played five minutes of the demo and just had to buy it.

leslieboyd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by leslieboyd on Sep 15, 12 10:01 AM
Looooooooooooooove this game! graphics are superb! I love the variations on the HOS. I usually don't like too many hos but the way these are done ... I actually look forward to them. I also love the puzzles... they are making me have to think!! The puzzles (imo) are very unique. thoroughly enjoying this game!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 16, 12 7:26 AM
I bought it sight unseen, because I loved both the previous Anomalies. For me, it's the fact that the H0S are three differing types which makes for variety from too many of the usual list types. It's also a loooonnng main game. You get your money's worth with it.

Itsu (if I may call you this), as DragonLadyOz says, the graphic described by Valdy isn't really anything more than a sphere that collects the characters' various powers that help you throughout the game. There is no witchcraft here and I didn't really find it that creepy. I hope you give it a go.

Susanna2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Susanna2 on Sep 18, 12 9:59 AM
Hello all
I buy a lot of HOS here and almost never post, but I have to now.
The "agency of anomalies"-series belong - for me - to the most beautifully done games I have ever played. I simply love the graphics. The stories are very good as well, but it's the pictures I am so fond of! Just for this it is a great pleasure to play these games.

Kamille_59
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Kamille_59 on Sep 24, 12 7:05 AM
The demo tipped my decision to buy the game.
Thumbs up for the catchy storyline that makes you wonder what will be next and really incredible visuals!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 26, 12 3:19 PM
So far in the demo I am loving everything (even though I am completely stuck!), one thing I wonder about though - how long is the bonus game, is it worth the extra $$$ or is it one of the short ones? I buy CE for the SG and the bonus but if the bonus is short I can wait for SE and walkthrough...Anyone have a general bonus time? Thanks!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 28, 12 3:08 PM
is it just me or did that final scene in the bonus play end like a WW2 film?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 8, 12 10:57 PM

GREAT GAME but it turned out to be a pain in the **** at the same time -- hurry up and wait; except for the hidden object scenes, whatever I clicked on I had to wait up to 30 seconds EACH TIME before the item would move out of the way or into my inventory.

The most exasperating moments were in trying to get out of the mini-games -- those that had 3 steps to them but you had to manually get out of them in order to find the "missing" items in order to do the next step of the mini-games. I would constantly get the statement "something's missing" while I was trying to position my cursor to become the arrow.

The only thing that kept me playing was/is the fact that this game IS a REALLY GOOD one; otherwise, I would've chucked it off my computer and requested the return of my money.

MEnr56

[Post New]by caoimhe199 on Oct 12, 12 12:35 AM
Hello.
I have a question about the character Gerard?

What I would like to know is...was Gerard a real
person or was "he" an alternate personality of
Patrizia? I've played the game twice already (I
have the CE),and I still don't know! lol.

I sure do hope somebody answers my question
because I reallly,really want to know.

Btw,if Gerard was an alternate personality couldn't he
emerge again? :o

Go to: