lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

compasses (possible spoiler)

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Sep 13, 12 12:50 PM
I am having trouble near the end when you use the compasses on the map. Have got as far as drawing a yellow ellipse between the two points. (Have checked the walkthrough photo and it's definitely in the right place). I cannot pick up the metal compass to draw the red circle no matter how much I try. Not sure if this is a technical issue but I am really disappointed. Have gone back to a previous save and tried again to no avail as same thing happens.

Re:compasses (possible spoiler)

[Post New]by KEVINAMANDA1 on Sep 13, 12 4:01 PM
Did Sherlock Holmes tell you this was correct? You can't go any further until he does. I was having the same problem. Draw the circle a little wider to make it look like a football.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Sep 13, 12 4:30 PM
Thanks kevinamanda. Sherlock did not say it was correct. I have gone back and drawn the yellow circle over and over again but can't get it to the ellipse shape. Have also found a video walkthrough now and still can't get it right. Will leave it a couple of days and attack it afresh then!

[Post New]by KEVINAMANDA1 on Sep 13, 12 4:40 PM
You have to go past both of the victims circles. Unlike the video and the walk-through show extend them outward a little past each. See if that works it did for me.

Edited on 09/13/2012 at 4:43:04 PM PST

[Post New]by LaughingHyena on Sep 13, 12 7:23 PM
kevinamanda is right, try drawing it quite a bit past the victims, so the top right part goes a little over the green line. It will look significantly longer than in walkthrouth

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Sep 14, 12 2:04 AM
Thanks to all who helped. I had been trying to draw the ellipse to just cover the two spots and get as close to them as I could as the walkthrough seemed to suggest,. The ellipse needs to go outside the two spots by a much bigger distance than I thought (about a millimetre each side). Thankfully have done it now. This was the hardest thing in the game so far for me! Thanks again for all the help.

[Post New]by fifilaflamme on Sep 14, 12 5:44 PM
Well, I give up. I have drawn this yellow ellipses about a thousand times and it never works. I've found two walk through sites, watched the video on full screen and followed all of the suggestions in this forum. Still nothing. I'm just going to delete this and forget that I wasted a game credit on it. It was a great game up to this point.

momoftoad
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by momoftoad on Sep 16, 12 12:38 AM
I had to draw quite a large oval, about 3 streets larger than the data point on the right if that helps someone. On my widescreen it was about an inch beyond the data point, but aim for 3 streets.

[Post New]by jadesma33 on Sep 19, 12 5:37 AM
Thanks so much to those who posted about making the oval larger. I was having the same problem as others and tried to draw the yellow oval probably 100 times without realizing what I was doing wrong. After reading the suggestions in this thread, I got it the first time, by going about 3 streets the right and left of 2 markers. Thanks again

bandtmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by bandtmom on Sep 19, 12 3:28 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

As soon as I widened my oval, it worked! I was trying to be way to precise.

[Post New]by Physal on Sep 20, 12 12:19 AM
Thanks all I now will not have to kill myself !!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 21, 12 4:50 PM
Thank you, I tried so many times, this helped tremendously.

[Post New]by BFfreak on Jan 15, 13 7:02 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HAVING POSTED THIS HERE!! I don't have much patience and was getting so seriously annoyed at drawing this ellipse 100 times over!! As soon as I tried the wider area it worked right away! Thank you!!

[Post New]by zeldaqn on Jun 21, 13 4:49 PM
omg thank you momoftoad, two hours trying to do this and thought it was another "glitch" like the one I had with the cart and had to start over. I was ready to throw the pc across the room. and BF? considering over 1600 people had this problem you should make it a little less irritating.

[Post New]by ranmachan on Jun 24, 14 10:12 PM
hi every one and thanx to all who posted help here, with it i was FINALLY able to draw that stupid yellow ellipse
i took a pic of it, so if the link to my twitter works ( fingers crossed) you should be able to see it.
https://twitter.com/hime_nemi/status/481665280276705280
again thanx.

Go to: