Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Today's DD 14 September 12

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Sep 14, 12 12:02 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Today's DD 14 September 12

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 14, 12 10:43 AM
A lot like Mystery PI but items are a lot harder to see and find. I won't buy it because of that even if it's at a DD price.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Sep 14, 12 12:19 PM
I like it. It's got a noir-ish feel to it which I'm enjoying.

-Music is decent.

-The H0s are timed, but you have 30 minutes for each scene. I've been able to complete each scene in 2 to 6 minutes so far.

-There are two post-it/sticky notes in each scene. If you find all the notes, Endless Mode will be unlocked.

-Hint button refills fast.

-Some clues are listed in the form of a riddle which is a nice touch. (Example: Cuts wood=Saw - Some are more difficult, but not too frustrating.)

-Earn more points for finding items in rapid succession.

-Windowed/Full Screen Mode

-Mini games aren't so frustrating that you want to pull your hair out and some are quite simple.

-Some hidden objects are hard to spot while others are very obvious. My vision isn't the best, but I've found most objects without using a hint. Items look like what they are supposed to.

-Graphics aren't spectacular by today's standards, but I don't mind that.

-Some of the notes are comical. I've enjoyed reading them.

-No voiceovers

-Scenes aren't available to replay if you want to try and improve your score. This might be a problem for some people.

-There is a click penalty, however, I don't find it too annoying. It's not a grating sound like some. I normally can't tolerate click penalties. Turning the sound down has worked fine for me. You won't lose anything for mis-clicking.

If you're looking for something a little different, I recommend this game. It's worth $2.99, especially if you're bored with the all too common stories about curses, witches, etc.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 14, 12 3:56 PM
Junkpile = NO BUY not even at DD price. Giant paperclips and clothespins... yeah no thanks. Too bad because the idea of finding post it notes to advance the storyline and earn endless mode was a good one. It's also dark and doesn't fill my computer screen.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Sep 14, 12 6:29 PM
Okay, I finished Story Mode in less than 3 hours! Endless Mode is nothing more than the same random scenes with different objects to find. I don't plan on finding out if it's Endless or not as I don't care for straight hidden object games. The story's ending was laughable and not in a good way. I enjoyed the journey so I'll just compare this game to an anticlimactic matinee move. C+

Go to: