bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 11/30/2012 at 3:07:28 PM PST

Re:Post any The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Sep 14, 12 3:08 AM
After all the great reviews I was looking forward to giving this new game a try.
After downloading (no problem) I started the game. Screen came up black. I had to leave screen, go to task manager and delete. Once black screen was gone there was an error message that said.

Texture was not loaded=7

I uninstalled and tried again. Same thing happened. This has never happened before with any game. Am using older laptop with Vista.

Any ideas?

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Sep 14, 12 4:31 AM
miss_marigold11 wrote:After all the great reviews I was looking forward to giving this new game a try.
After downloading (no problem) I started the game. Screen came up black. I had to leave screen, go to task manager and delete. Once black screen was gone there was an error message that said.

Texture was not loaded=7

exactly the same problem

don't need any suggestions..will delete game.

this is the second time one of the games has caused my computer to crash..not happy

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 12 5:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

It sounds like the computer is not handling the game as it should so I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how the game performs.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 14, 12 8:07 AM
have got error access violation twice,,,,it happened when leaving the game on the results screen and going to smoke,,,i hope it doesnt happen again

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Sep 14, 12 9:07 AM
I got the access violation, too, when I walked away for a few minutes. Will try again, but if it happens again, it's a no buy for me.

Applebay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Applebay on Sep 14, 12 9:09 AM
I also have gotten access violation after purchasing the game. Perhaps the developer has a fix for this problem since it only happens with this game

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 14, 12 9:24 AM
Game played fine for about 10 minutes. I walked away for a couple of minutes and came back to "Access Violation".

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 14, 12 9:38 AM
Same here with Access violation. I had played nearly all of the demo time before buying. Then I was so pleased to see I did not need to restart the game, went to make coffee and when I came back the game had closed just leaving the Access Violation message.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Sep 14, 12 10:11 AM
I, too, got the access violation -- three times. Each time I was interrupted by the phone, came back maybe 5 minutes later, and had to use the task manager to close the game. This is such a bummer!

I will send a Dr. Felix report to CS as usual, but I don't have much hope for a solution.

DK

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 14, 12 10:21 AM
I played the rest of the demo and did not have any trouble. It seems to only get the access violation when there is no activity for a few minutes.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Sep 14, 12 10:29 AM
govols2 wrote:I played the rest of the demo and did not have any trouble. It seems to only get the access violation when there is no activity for a few minutes.

But that is the problem -- if I leave the game to do anything else, why should I have to close the game and reopen it every time I stop playing for a few minutes?

DK

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 14, 12 11:01 AM
Speaking of "Access Violation Error"...

I played the game, and then left the game open while I had some Sushi

When I wanted to continue the game after about 20 minutes, the cursor still moved, but I couldn't click on anything to continue the game. So I had to exit via Task Manager. After doing that, I also got an "AVE" box coming up.

After deleting the files from the Task Manager, I went back into the game, and everything worked fine and has done so since then.

I believe that if you leave the game open without any kind of activity, the game will then go into a coma and is unwilling to wake up again. That's how I saw it with my copy of the game, anyway.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 14, 12 11:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing some issues with access violations when playing the game. If you haven't tried the recommendations on our help article here, you can see if they might help:

Access Violation

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening so they can look into that issue and find a solution for you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Sep 14, 12 12:56 PM
About half way through the tutorial level, my cursor became difficult to control; I changed custom cursor to system cursor, but it still is difficult to use.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 14, 12 3:01 PM
I am having the same problem with leaving the game for a few minutes. When I come back it is frozen and the regular cursor moves a bit and drops out of the custom cursor. Unfortunately you can't do anything with it and have to go to task manager to restart the game. Large bummer expecially since I bought the game before I realized this would happen.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 14, 12 3:17 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're seeing problems with your cursor, or slow gameplay and freezing, you can find some recommendations that may help to correct those issues here on our help article:

If those recommendations aren't helping, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They can look into why that's happening for you so you can get back to enjoying the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Sep 14, 12 8:19 PM
Same problem as other fishes. Game works well hand after hand, but twice left for 2 minutes to answer mother nature and came back to frozen game cursor with little system cursor that jumped around a few times then got access violation.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Sep 14, 12 9:33 PM
I am having trouble with getting sound, but a blank screen. I have hundreds of games from BF and this has never happened. I tried a couple tips on the help section, but no go.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Sep 14, 12 10:47 PM
Beautiful game but I too got access violation or and frozen screen after having answered the phone or getting coffee. You think this game just wants our undevided attention?????

Go to: