bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 14, 12 1:04 AM
Morning, all...

What a super game!!

I love Solitaire games, and in particular this one, which is of the "One higher, one lower" variety.

There is a choice of a Relaxed and not Relaxed mode. I assume the latter comes with a timer.

There was no widescreen for me, even though it's in the Option.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor. Thank you, devs.

There are HOS (hidden object scenes). So far I have only come across the "find 10 of these and 11 of that" variety. Love those.

Graphics are great, and the cards look wonderfully done.

No wonder this game is much larger than your average Solitaire game: animation, graphics, voices... it all add up.

You will have to go through the tutorial - that is your first round.

What I like about this game is that you can replay every level to get a higher score (having less cards left at the end of a level).

After the tutorial, it gets quite difficult. Not only do you have to get through each level with as few cards as possible, but you need to collect stuff that is hidden behind the last cards. If you want to replay a level and have already found some of the items, they will stay with you - you won't lose them by replaying a level.

There is a Shop in which you can buy stuff that helps you when playing cards.

There are also lots of Achievements to win.

Think "Fairway" but far more interesting.

As you can see from my enthusiastic way of describing this game, it's a buy for me.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Sep 14, 12 1:24 AM
I wholeheartedly endorse Valdy's review. The graphics were so interesting and fun! Since I too love card games, this is a definite buy for me. Don't let the tutorial put you off. It gets much more interesting as you go along and you can skip the dialog on the tutorial as I read much faster than they speak LOL.

Marty

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Sep 14, 12 1:39 AM

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 2:30:21 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 14, 12 1:47 AM
cagamenut wrote:I'm so glad Valdy likes it He is my favorite reviewer, if he likes a game; I will normally like it also. And I love playing solitaire. Thank you, Valdy! Off to download and buy!

He is a SHE, Cagamenut, but never mind. LOL

If you like Solitaire games, you will love this one. It has vibrant colours, beautiful graphics, nice animation, and lots of interesting stuff to do to keep you from getting bored.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Sep 14, 12 1:50 AM
Dittoing the above reviews by Valdy and Martyheinz and adding: this is the prettiest solitaire game I have come across yet. Some of the cardplay is reminiscent of Avalon Legends Solitaire (which I am still working on), but with lots of improvements. Lots of little bonuses come into play, with companions (with powers!) further down the road I haven't met yet. So far, I haven't found a solitaire game that comes close to the original Fairway, but this one seems like it will. A definite buy!

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 1:54:47 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 14, 12 2:16 AM
Very beautiful - definitely try it!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 14, 12 3:16 AM
Usually I like the "classic" Solitaire, so when I saw "1 up or down" I didn't try it. But Valdy and the other fishies said so warm words about it - then I tried...and bought...

It is so beautiful graphic, that only for this it's a great pleasure to play the game!

Thanks to all warm reviews!!!

Thanks developers, thanks BF! : thumbup:

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 14, 12 4:32 AM
Hi Fishes!
I'm one of creators "Chronicles of Emerland".
I'm happy that you liked the game and want to say - Many thanks for your warm reviews!

[Removed by Moderator].

Thanks and happy gaming!

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 7:53:24 AM PST

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 14, 12 6:20 AM
Not a big fan of card games so was just going to pass this game up until I read the comments to the Developers done by Valdy and others. They had such a good feel for the game I just had to try it. Boy was I surprised how much fun the game really is and I think I just became a fan of Solitaire games and will now try some of the other ones. Thanks guy for all your comments and thanks Devs for a great game.

fairlaine
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by fairlaine on Sep 14, 12 7:07 AM
Love this game,have bought it.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 14, 12 7:12 AM
This is a beautiful looking game, you have mini games in between the card games. You can replay a hand if it's really bad, I did that a couple times. All in all it is worth buying as it's allot of fun. I hope everyone enjoys this game as much as I did.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 14, 12 7:48 AM
Hello, Victor, and welcome to the Pond and the forums!

You've created the best-looking Solitaire game I've ever seen here at Big Fish! And don't worry about reviews on your main game page--most folks come to the forums to read remarks, especially those of Fishies like Valdy! Forum reviews are instantly available; main game page ones might take a day or two to get posted.

Your game is "head & shoulders" above any other Solitaire game, except maybe for "Fairway." The Options menu is classy (although I hear that "widescreen" doesn't work for some people), the voice acting is wonderful, the graphics and coloring are beautiful, and the "one-over, one-under" kind of gameplay is my choice! And having a "relaxed" mode is certainly my choice also. The musical background is very nice. The H0 mini-games in-between? A terrific addition.

I'm not a big fan of "tutorials," but the first "training" round is a good idea. Collecting to buy things at the "store" is fun. Being able to replay hands for a better score is always a benefit.

I used a PCC that has been lurking, but I'd have gladly paid for this one--I'm gonna keep this game on the desktop and in the Game Manager forever!

Regards, elldee

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 7:50:38 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 14, 12 10:24 AM
A good Solitaire game with lots of added things to entertain you. Like the voice overs and great graphics too. Will have to think about if I want to buy or not?

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Sep 14, 12 11:38 AM
This is such a beautiful game! I love solitaire games and this one has such nice graphics! And having to do other things in between hands is interesting. I had no problems downloading and the game is playing well with nice music. Am curious to see how the story goes.

HUGS

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Sep 14, 12 12:20 PM
I have played a few Solitaire games on Big Fish Games I enjoy playing but this is by far the best. The graphics are beautiful, the music is nice (I rarely let music in games play.)and the gameplay is a little different from the norm. I like the way the card games and hidden object games are integrated right into the story line. I also like that levels can be replayed without penalty and the game is not timed in casual mode.

I am normally pretty good at getting perfect scores but they are not so easy to come by in this game. I guess I have to buy things at the store to help me out.

The story was engaging enough for me but the total package is a joy to play. I was not planning to buy anything today but I was so enthralled with this game I bought it at the end of the trial without hesitation. Excellent game.

I rate this game out of five and a for brightening my day.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Sep 14, 12 1:03 PM
Gorgeous graphics in this game! Another Solitaire to add to my collection. The story is the usual... good vs. evil, but the voice overs are pleasant to listen to. Also, the little seek and find, or hidden object (whatever one wishes to call it), makes for a nice added game feature in solitaire. The music is also nice to listen to while playing. So far, enjoying the game well.

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 1:04:47 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Sep 14, 12 2:05 PM
Victor have you seen the technical issue about when you leave the game up and walk away for a few mins...not long...and the access violation error comes up. I love the game just bought it but am having the same issue when I left the game for about 5 mins that others have posted in the technical problem area in the forum. I am just wondering if there is a fix for this because you are in the middle of a game and can't leave or it will do what I listed above. Thank you and otherwise it is an overall awesome game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 14, 12 4:07 PM
Well, I wish I could buy even half as many games as some of our fellow reviewers, but alas, I cannot. Too many good games to choose from.

This one was interesting and different. I'm not a big card player, but I really enjoy Fairway and play it frequently. I like the idea of playing for "something," in order to move on in the game.

The music got very annoying very quickly. Graphics were nice and clean and the game play was very good. Would have been nice to be able to change the cards to something else (maybe it was there and I just didn't see it).

I already have two solitaire games, so will have to think on this one a bit more. I did like it, so I will put it in the puddle for the near future. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: