lilinez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

The Secret Passage - Find a Way to Dee's Lab

[Post New]by lilinez on Sep 14, 12 10:35 PM
I am trying to figure out what to do with the tiles in the secret passage. I have placed them in all kinds of directions but nothering is happening. Once in a while i get a green line. Sometimes I even get a red lines. I started with the green tile that is already in place and I believe I placed a yellow and then a blue. Also, I see there are same color tiles to the left on a column. What is that about? Do I follow that pattern?

Also,I tried to pick up the handle to the cash register. It would not stick.

HELP!!

Good Night Alchemicals! I will try again later in day Saturday!

Thanks in advance!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:The Secret Passage - Find a Way to Dee's Lab

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 12 3:06 AM
Hi lilinez,

To complete this puzzle you need to place the tiles in the colour order shown vertically to your left.

The order is as follows:

Green sun starting point, one space, yellow pointing left, blue pointing up, one space, yellow pointing up, green pointing up, blue pointing right, green pointing right, two spaces, red pointing down, two spaces, yellow pointing left, one space, red pointing up and blue pointing right.

If you follow the sequence above, you should get a green line that runs between the sun and the moon tiles.

I hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

lilinez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lilinez on Sep 15, 12 10:01 AM
Thanks BFGBaikal, I will try your info later. I got to run out. You know, everyday life still must carry on (lol).

lilinez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lilinez on Sep 15, 12 7:14 PM
Well, I have tried for some time. I got to be doing something wrong. I still cannot get it. I placed a yellow arrow to the right of stationary green. The yellow arrow is pointing downward. I got a green line. Then I placed a blue arrow directly below the yellow arrow that points downward. The blue tile arrow is pointing up toward the yellow tile where the arrow is pointing down. When I place the blue tile, I got a green line. I am lost when you say one space. Do I skip a space and then place the tile? I am sure your instructions are great. I am just not sure what directions I am to go. No yellow tile points to the left. Thanks again for helping. I will keep trying.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 15, 12 10:06 PM
The tiles on the left are indeed the color order that the tiles should be placed in, so yes, follow that pattern. Start with the sun. The light coming from the sun should hit a yellow tile next, the light from the yellow tile should hit a blue tile, etc. You are trying to arrange the arrow tiles so the all the lines of light are green and the light makes a path from the sun to the moon.

I started by taking all the tiles I could move off the board and putting them outside the square. It was easier to see what I had to work with that way.

For me, it was also easier to work backward. I started with a blue tile pointing at the moon, then placed a red on that pointed to the blue one, etc. It still took some tinkering, but I got eventually. Working backward, though you lose the advantage of watching the light color as you work.

BTW, the light will turn green whenever you have a valid tile next, but it's not necessarily the correct tile. If you place a blue tile and the light turns green, then you need a blue tile next, but any blue tile will get a green light.

Now the bad news - the patterns are random and the sun and moon are not always in the same spot, which is why the pattern that bfgBaikal gave you may not have worked. You can try backing out and going back in to see if you can get the puzzle that the solution s/he gave you will work with.

[Post New]by Space7cadet on Sep 10, 13 6:12 PM
I am really stuck here - are the arrowed pieces also random? Because I don't have a green up arrow or a red up or down arrow. Even working backwards I can only get 4 tiles placed then I need a green up arrow which I don't have. Is there more than one tile to find? I'm beginning to think there is no solution with the tiles that I've been given. Someone help please

pms240
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:The Secret Passage - Find a Way to Dee's Lab - The Tiles

[Post New]by pms240 on Dec 5, 13 9:33 PM
I followed the advice above by moving all the tiles off the board, they had to be put to the left or right of the board, they would not move to the top or the bottom as they would just stack on top of each other. After placing all tiles off the board, I then started with the top of the colors on the left and placed a tile along the red line. Mine first tile had to be pointing up. Then the next color pointing in the logical direction, etc. The line turns green as you place the correct color tile, but the line will be red from the last placed tile until you place the next correct tile. I just built from there and eventually got it. The problem I had for a while was that I didn't realize the first tile had to be placed along the red line leading from the sun. The red line then points in the direction of that tile's arrow, and etc. Thanks.

Go to: