bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 1:30:12 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 12 12:44 AM
In case it's helpful, you can jump to the reviews for the CE version of this game by clicking here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 15, 12 12:54 AM
Morning, all...

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

Throughout gameplay you will gain different abilities, which will be added to the rings at the left. Those are in form of a green or yellowish image that you sometimes see in the scenes, and which will be attached to the custom cursor, and can be used once unlocked.

Music and Sound are separate.

There is no voice-over.
There is no widescreen.
There is no diary.
There is no map.

The HINT button, which also works beautifully outside of the iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes) is at the right.

In Easy mode, the HINT button refills immediately when used outside of the iHOS, and takes about 15 seconds to refill in the iHOS.

Graphics are very nicely done inside the iHOS, and in the main scenes.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button fills within 15-20 seconds in Easy mode.

There are 12 Snake Keys to be found throughout the game. You can see how many you have collected at the bottom left-hand corner. (I hope this is also true for the SE, and not just the CE, which I bought).

--- --- ---

Some hardcore gamers might find this game a little tame and easy. For me it was just right.

Gameplay is the way I like it, and there are lots of things to do and collect, and graphics are nicely done.

The one think I can't stand is when I get repetitive sounds. While outside of the house, an owl hooted constantly - always the same sound. Drove me bananas. I really wish that IF there has to be repetitive sounds, to make them less frequent.

I really liked the main game a lot, and it does have a propper ending, although they shouldn't have added that last sentence, which suggests otherwise.

About the bonus game

The story does continue - and what a nice surprise the bonus game contained - but you don't have to play the bonus game in order to enjoy the main game only.

I very much enjoyed the bonus game, which took me an hour to play, and have no regrets getting the CE.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Sep 15, 12 3:18 PM
Keeping this simple, I LOVE this game.... it's a perfect balance (only exception is the very beginning noises, rather annoying blend there between the owl hooting there is strange chalkboard like SFX)... yet, overall, the music is great (classical); graphics beautiful; mini games fun and different; H0G scenes clear and appropriate to settings and I enjoyed that it was creepy/spooky without feeling 'evil'. I hope we get more games from these devs.

Well, enjoy!! I purchased the CE but haven't done the bonus yet so felt ok to put in my review here in the SE thread.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 16, 12 5:18 PM
Just finished this game. W.O.W. This was a very good game, and with no tech issues for me. With several interruptions, this game took about 5 to 6 hours. The music didn't drive you nuts, the hint worked nicely outside the HOS and refilled quickly, the storyline was pretty good...all in all, a nice way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon. And their were no noisy animals constantly cawing, hooting, or whatever at you. The graphics were good and the HO were clear with object fairly easy to find. Ending was (as usual) left open for a sequel ...goody.

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Sep 16, 12 5:23 PM
Bought this game and have been playing it all day long. It is a long game even using the hint button. Excellent game. Good HO's and graphics. Story line is good too.
The music was easy on the ears and didn't drive you crazy either. Liked it a lot.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Sep 16, 12 7:35 PM
Bought the game as soon as the demo was finished, and had several hours of fun. Talk out wearing out sneakers, though....sheesh, a map would have been nice! The ending was so abrupt that I thought I missed something - guess you wouldn't care so much about the sequel had they tied up the loosest end of all.

Still, it was nicely drawn and I thought the special abilities you earn were a nice touch. Not a lot of hand holding - the hint mostly gave you an directional arrow to head to the right place (except the HO scenes, of course). Puzzles weren't too difficult, yet not so easy you felt unchallenged. There were many different ones I haven't seen before, but they usually required simple logic.

Good game for a lazy afternoon when you just want to relax without taxing the brain cells and I don't regret the purchase whatsoever. There were a few aspects that made it unique, which increased the enjoyment for me - I find I'm getting bored quickly with the same old ghost stories and puzzles.

Probably not going to win Game of the Year or anything, but still, a pleasant enough adventure. Give it a shot!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 20, 12 4:54 PM
Just finished and I was pleasantly surprised about how much I liked this game. A very good length and the game play and puzzles were just right. The music was enjoyable to listen to, the graphics were very nice. Overall a very good game and I was happy to play it. I felt the ending to the SE was satisfying, but of course, I always wonder what the ending to the CE is.

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by donamae222 on Oct 4, 12 1:09 PM
I loved this game!!! Wow! I was so sorry when it was finished. The puzzles were so good, beautiful graphics, good story, good music, what more can I say? Buy it!
dm

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Oct 7, 12 2:21 PM
i am having mixed feelings about this game.
it had a good level of challenge (for me), nice story, nice graphics, i even felt sorry for those poor old ladies, but that is it.
i did not like the annoying noises at the front gate, even worse in a quality headphones, constant back and forth, back and forth turned to boredom and i cannot wait to finish the game. the one way from the house on the other side of bank had just that advantage, that i cannot get lost. there was only one place to go except of the house.
only the end made it a bit fresh with quick visiting the old scenes and every hunt for the crystal went through a different puzzle, but when one of them was HO again, i told to myself loudly: you are joking...
the witch just appearing and threatening was also out of game, only at the beginning she made some obstacles. but in the bedroom upstairs she just spoken and disappeared. i was waiting: was that it?

so, just because i like the theme about witchcraft and turning bad to good i bought this game. if i had one more chance with the experience like this i would hesitate.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 16, 12 8:03 AM
I originally left a negative review after finishing the demo for the CE which seemed to be full of glitches and the game was very awkward. However, the SE seems to have addressed some of these and I was able to play right through and enjoy the demo, so purchasedc it. There are still a few awkward things in the game such as some things don't respond right away, you have to figure out how they work...still glitches or on purpose?...who knows.

This game definately needed a jump map...good grief, click, click, click all around the place. The hint button was a great help by pointing you in the next direction, but you still had to keep clicking until you got to the next destination. The hint button recharged quickly as did the skip button which kept the game moving. Mini games for the most part were easy, but directions for some were not very complete so I skipped a few.

I had to shut the music off immediately!!! The sounds, I turned down to half as they did add ambiance to the game which I enjoyed. Some HOS objects were small, but the HOS were interactive and easy which moved the game along. All in all, I give this game a 4 . I did enjoy playing it. Interesting story and a good length for the money. I play in casual/easy mode so there were sparkles for those who hate sparkles. Not sure what showed up in the harder modes.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Oct 16, 12 4:05 PM
I really liked this game. The graphic's and coloring were great. get this game.

florianna98
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by florianna98 on Nov 3, 12 10:38 AM
Fun game but It definitely needs a clickable map. Wayyyyy too much back and forth long distances. You end up backing out six or seven times, then going in another direction five or six times, way too often.

Other than that I enjoyed it.

KatzHome
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by KatzHome on Dec 29, 12 9:11 PM
This is a very helpful thread, both for me and for you guys, BigFish!

I downloaded and just finished playing the hour demo SE ~ and REALLY enjoyed this hour! I wanted to check the reviews before I bought the game, even if it is on sale for $4.99 ~ and after reading the first page, I decided to buy the Collectors Edition instead, even though it's not on sale... I want to play the last chapter ~ it sounds cool like it's really good!

One thing ~ in the hour that I played, I haven't found any "Special Abilities" and did see little circles by my pointer that I wondered what they were... learned about them on the first page of this thread...

So, I'm going to download and replay the game, hoping to find those Special Abilities... The game thus far has been so enjoyable that I don't mind playing what I've already played all over again!

I so very much highly recommend this game ~ it's not too easy, it's not too hard ~ for me, it's just right!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Feb 13, 13 4:54 PM
I waited for the SE and I'm glad I did. I finished the game and it got better as it went along. The artwork was nice and the gameplay was fairly engaging. Most of the mini-games were pretty easy but there were many cleverly hidden objects in the HOS. A huge dislike for me was the VERY ANNOYING music and soundtrack... it literally drove me nuts it was so repetitive - I had to finally turn all sound off. It was just awful. So if you don't mind playing without sound you will like most everything else about this game.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jun 21, 13 7:52 PM
Beautiful graphics and good story line. But oh my! The constant running around in circles gave me a headache. Do one task and then go around the entire location to do another one. I think some of these game designers have a sadistic streak and are laughing their heads off when they create such a convoluted game. I liked it but I found it so exhausting I don't know if I will finish it.

Go to: