Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

need more money!

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Sep 15, 12 9:17 PM
I am having trouble getting enough money to buy amulets. I am almost halfway through the game and I have only been able to buy the one that lets me see the next card in the deck and the one that offers me more wild cards. Other than that, I am always broke, except for buying a wild card here and there. I am trying to get perfect scores every time, but that doesn't seem to effect my money. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Audrey

P.S. I am also tired of hearing Seth cackle every time I lose a round, but I still love this game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:need more money!

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 12 12:38 AM
LOL about Seth cackle... You are not the only one. It's starting to get on my nerves as well.

Someone else mentioned buying extra wild cards. I don't see that option at all. What I do see is that you can buy 2 and 3 extra cards that will be added to your deck, but I see nothing in the shop that allows me to buy more wild cards.

If there is a way to buy more wild cards, I would be interested to know where I can get them from, because while playing the game, they don't appear very often, and so far I never have had a full deck yet.

About not having enough money... Hmmmm.... I have done the Humans and the Elves now, and bought several amulets so far, and although it will take a while to get enough money together to buy things, I have not ran out of money. Each level always has coins, which add 10, and sack of coins, which add 50 coins, and I also now get the cards that will add coins as well.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 16, 12 12:44 AM
Valdy, you can buy Wild Cards for 200 coins each on the same screen as the amulets; even in the middle of a level. It's a little book (?) in the lower right corner, not hanging where the amulets are.

Good luck!

ETA: also, one of the amulets would let the wild cards appear more often, but I guess you've seen that. With the little money we get, I had to set my prio differently anyway.

Edited on 09/16/2012 at 12:47:13 AM PST

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Sep 16, 12 12:47 AM
Valdy wrote:If there is a way to buy more wild cards, I would be interested to know where I can get them from

Hi!

Wild cards you can buy in the store. On the right down corner is a deck of cards. Try to put the cursor on it and click.

Hope it helps.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 12 2:17 AM
Thank you, DD and Andreww. I have completely overlooked that one. How silly, it's right there, as big as can be. LOL

Anyway, I clicked on it, and it says I can't buy any more cards, because I already have the maximum allowed. And I only have 5 wild cards plus the Joker. So that means that I will never be able to have a full set. I guess it's been done this way so as not to make it too easy for the player.

ETA: I love that Elf with her bow and arrow helping me out, especially because I can point at any top card I want rather than getting a random card shot down.

Edited on 09/16/2012 at 2:18:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 16, 12 3:55 AM
Valdy wrote:...
ETA: I love that Elf with her bow and arrow helping me out, especially because I can point at any top card I want rather than getting a random card shot down.

Buy her "Archer's arrow booster" in the shop and you'll love her more.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 12 4:13 AM
Victor_nick wrote:
Valdy wrote:...

Buy her "Archer's arrow booster" in the shop and you'll love her more.

Thank you, Victor.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Sep 16, 12 7:43 AM
Valdy wrote:LOL about Seth cackle... You are not the only one. It's starting to get on my nerves as well.

Someone else mentioned buying extra wild cards. I don't see that option at all. What I do see is that you can buy 2 and 3 extra cards that will be added to your deck, but I see nothing in the shop that allows me to buy more wild cards.

If there is a way to buy more wild cards, I would be interested to know where I can get them from, because while playing the game, they don't appear very often, and so far I never have had a full deck yet.

About not having enough money... Hmmmm.... I have done the Humans and the Elves now, and bought several amulets so far, and although it will take a while to get enough money together to buy things, I have not ran out of money. Each level always has coins, which add 10, and sack of coins, which add 50 coins, and I also now get the cards that will add coins as well.

Thanks for the reply, Valdy. I think I've figured it out. In trying to get a perfect score in every round, I'm using what little money I do have to buy extra wild cards (I see you have had answers to your wild card questions. I don't think it's possible to get a full deck, and you have no choice in which wild card you purchase.). I guess I'm going to have to be satisfied with having less than 5 cards left and moving on to the next round from now on. I think I am a little bit ahead of you in the game. It does seem to get way more difficult to keep that evil Seth away as the game progresses, lol. But I'm still having fun and am glad I bought the game. Thanks again.
Audrey

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 30, 12 1:50 AM
Here's how I beat the game with 6000 spare coins by the end:

1. My first play-through was horrible. I couldn't beat the game, so I deleted my game and made a new one, this time playing on the easier of the two options. I'm not 100% sure, but i think you get more cards in the deck and possibly more wild cards come up in the draw.

2. When I failed at a level (i.e. not getting perfect), BEFORE I clicked 'Done', I'd click 'Options' then 'exit' to go back to the map. At the map, I'd click 'Play' to replay the level. This is MUCH better than just finishing and clicking replay, because if you click 'replay', YOU WILL GET NO COINS THE SECOND TIME. If you use the other method, you will keep any coins you got the first time, plus the stacks will again have coins under them. It would be possible to exploit this to get unlimited coins. I didn't. I stopped when I got perfect (or sometimes 1 or 2 cards on an obnoxiously hard level) and I had PLENTY of coins.

3. I stopped buying wild cards. I didn't buy a single wild card until I had upgraded ALL four guardians and had all amulets (around the time when you first get the merman) But frankly, after you have all that, you won't really need wilds very often, at least until the last battle.

Using these method, I was able to get all guardian upgrades IMMEDIATELY after the guardian appeared.

I may replay the game on hard, but using the coin method to see how much difference the easy/hard mode really makes.

Go to: