Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Is it worth it?

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Sep 17, 12 12:37 AM
Hi everyone,I have played all the Margrave games to date and enjoyed most of them but the last one left me thinking "What the heck was that all about?" after I bought the Collectors Edition and played the bonus chapter so basically I ask everyone who has played this game "Is it worth shelling out for the Collectors Edition,wait for the normal edition or give it a miss altogether?" Any opinions and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

Re:Is it worth it?

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 17, 12 3:26 AM
Hi, Please read my review in answer to your question. I HATED the previous Margrave's I purchased this one in my opinion is the best of any game I have ever played. The sense of humor in this game is delightful. Do not forget to keep clicking on a character to see what else they say. I never got stuck in the game and did not have to rely on the guide or a walk through.

All you have to do is ask your companion Cyclops that takes the place of the hint button when he joins and he will tell you exactly what to do. You can press the hint button when you are stuck and it clearly tells you what to do or where to go. I never got stuck a single time in the game.

The map is awesome with 2 views check out the explanation mark it is the next thing needed to do. I hope this helps you. You can read my review what I think of the game. I hated the 1st 2 margraves but this is the best game of the year thus far in my opinion.

fishter
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fishter on Sep 17, 12 11:00 AM
Most definityly was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by halliecat99 on Sep 17, 12 1:22 PM
If you liked "Margrave: the Severed Heart" and can't wait to play the sequel, then yes, it is worth it. However, if you are hoping for some really extended bonus chapter play, you probably should save the extra seven bucks and wait for the SE. The bonus chapter took me about 30 minutes of play, and had about eight locations, but most had only one or two things to do in them. I can't comment about the SG, because I never had to open it - and I played in "Hard" mode. I don't feel like wallpaper, music, etc. is worth the extra cost of the CEs, so who cares. As for the Strawberry Book, it is better than a "Hooray, you got all the strawberries" achievement, but not worth the extra money. To sum up : if you are impatient like me, worth it. If you are on a tight game budget, wait for the SE.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 18, 12 12:52 AM
The bonus game I have been playing for 2 hours so to the poster who says they finished it in 30 minutes kudos to you.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Sep 18, 12 2:39 PM
I too am playing the bonus game and I think i have reached an impasse. I have opened the big barrel in the wine cellar and there s nothing left to do there or click on but every time I click on the hint button, it tells me to find a way to open the puzzle box and I should check out the wine cellar. I have been in there 10 x and there is nothing left to do in there. I have a round blue box in my inventory but have no clue what to do with it. Am I missing something?

Thanks~~JoAnne

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 18, 12 9:20 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, you use the round blue box in the <SPOILER> *** puzzle with numbers. It's on the end of a wine barrel (I think) on the left side of the screen. I believe you also need a number 6 button to activate that puzzle. ***END SPOILER

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Sep 19, 12 8:02 AM
Thanks Wil Jul~~I have tried to use the puzzle box and the #6 on the barrel. I think I opened it before I should have to get the rose charm ? (I forget now ) but now I can't put anything else into it. It's where you said it was, with the door open but no matter how many times I try to click on it to use it and put those two things in it, I can't. I can't backtrack either and I only have 3 of the 4 manuscripts. I am ready to either scream or delete it.

I also have 2 curtains that I am assuming I will need to get out of the window but again, I cannot use them.

Thanks~~JoAnne

Edited on 09/19/2012 at 8:04:36 AM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Sep 19, 12 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone:

I enjoyed the game, but the Bonus Section, to me, was not worth the extra cost.

Those that purchase the SE Version (when it comes out) will have a good game with a proper ending. The Bonus Section has really nothing to do with the Main Game.

Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Sep 20, 12 12:08 AM
jcsgame wrote:Hi Everyone:

I enjoyed the game, but the Bonus Section, to me, was not worth the extra cost.

Those that purchase the SE Version (when it comes out) will have a good game with a proper ending. The Bonus Section has really nothing to do with the Main Game.

Thank you kindly JCS,thats always the question with Collectors Editions,do they add to the main story at all or are they just something that happened "in the past" or even totally unrelated.Thank you for your answer :-)

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Sep 21, 12 6:52 AM
This is the very last Margrave game I EVER buy, collector's edition or standard version. I am stuck in the sun room with a game malfunction for one thing, and for another, am irritated and thrown out of the story by the illiterate voice over.

I see major elocution strides have been made since the severed heart, as the actress has now learned to say inventory and not In-Vent-Tory. However, it appears three more big words are way beyond her. Perhaps the devs should either restrict themselves to words of no more than two syllables, or they should find someone literate to read the voice over. Seriously, did the devs not listen to the voice over before they went live? Never again!

Go to: