cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Comments for Adelantado Trilogy: Book One

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 17, 12 1:09 AM
It's here , It's here , It's here at last

JIGGLE JIGGLE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOING CRASH OOPS <-- Cherb's happy dance

This is THE game I have been impatiently waiting for since I tried the beta on the devs site. For those of you who like stragegy building games with some freedom in where to place the buildings this game is most definitely for you too.

Happy gaming everyone , I am off to have fun playing it.

Cherb

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

Re:Comments for Adelantado Trilogy: Book One

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Sep 17, 12 1:16 AM
this is a super fantastic game! i have almost finished it (got it at the dev's site for $2.99 the other week) and am totally loving it! one of the best games of the year imo. and it is is book one of the trilogy hooray!

cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Sep 17, 12 1:19 AM
I'm with you Cherbtoo, I tried this on the Devs site too, and have kept a GC back for it. Its finally here. Hip Hip Hurrah.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 17, 12 1:46 AM
Good Morning everyone Holy Catfish and Shut the front door can I get an AMEN ! It's finally here ! I was beginning to think this was never gonna make it here. This is one honey of a game let me tell you ! It's one of the best I've played this year it's so fun and there is so much to do and see it's just wide open.

The graphics are great the music is fitting and there is no timer you go at your own pace and there is plenty to do. Along with doing quest for people there are barrels and vases to bust open some have food some have gold and yes some have none also along with the barrel busting there are bushes you can cut to find treasure as well as long as the little green circle comes up you can cut the bush or tree there may be treasure or journal pages there so don't forget to check. Also you rescue survivors and they join you.

The game play is much like that of All My Gods which is done by the same developer, but it's different with the quest you do and the extra treasures you find. This game is nothing but fun and it's so very well done. I love watching the little guys run around building stuff and exploring to find new things. This is one game that has it all from great graphics, great story, even great music this one is the ONE !

I cannot wait to play more I've had a blast with this one and it has replay value out the ying yang ! This is one that will never get old or boring with all the things you can do with this game. If you love building, exploring, doing task and finding treasure this is one you have to try.

Thank you so much dev's for this and for all of the building games you put out there for us at least one developer knows that we love these games and this is one developer that keeps giving them to us time and time again so a huge thank you for that and please don't stop we love these games and we want more so keep giving them to us your doing a great job and I'm looking so forward to your next installment Northern Tales I believe.

Give this one a try it's a keeper for sure! Thank you dev's and thank you Big Fish for this awesome building and strategy game that is one of the best I've played yet.
Have fun everybody I know I am yipee !

Edited on 09/17/2012 at 1:49:31 AM PST

Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Ariinya on Sep 17, 12 2:15 AM
I wish I could share your guys' enthusiasm. I've NEVER been any good at these games, figuring out how many of what building I need, and where to put them for maximum effect, and and and..... *sob*

I just SUCK! But I'll play the demo all the way through, and see exactly how much I suck....

It's a really good game! I just wish I knew how to play it!!!!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 17, 12 2:17 AM
Good morning all!

I am loving this one too. The one thing I hope is that we get another little red caped dude. I bet his feet are barking at the end of the day. I also loved how the little watch guys march to the watch tower. This is a good one and like Valdy said with the automatic pick up of wood and such, it does save quite a bit of clicking. Kudos to the devs and like Gmac said I too will be looking forward to the next game. Happy gaming and good

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 17, 12 2:19 AM
Ariinya wrote:I wish I could share your guys' enthusiasm. I've NEVER been any good at these games, figuring out how many of what building I need, and where to put them for maximum effect, and and and..... *sob*

I just SUCK! But I'll play the demo all the way through, and see exactly how much I suck....

Aww come on Ariinya, you can't be that bad. And if it helps, this game is a fantastic teacher for these types of games since there is a relaxed mode, you can take all the time you need and learn well with it. So just relax and have fun!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Sep 17, 12 2:28 AM
Positives - graphics

Negatives - no decisions to make - they are made for you
No instructions on how to do anything except build this now - no way to move ahead

Rating

Garbage is too good a word for this rubbish.

If a game wants to be a good game it needs clear instructions and some freedom to do things and this has nothing - a good game for 5 year olds but anyone above that would find this boring within about 2 minutes of play.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 17, 12 2:32 AM
Ariinya wrote:I wish I could share your guys' enthusiasm. I've NEVER been any good at these games, figuring out how many of what building I need, and where to put them for maximum effect, and and and..... *sob*

Hi Ariinya there is no way you can be that bad and besides it's all about the fun anyway. This one has a really good tutorial and there is a relaxed mode and easy mode. So just take your time and enjoy yourself. There is no wrong way to play it and it's not one of those that you have to run around like a chicken with your head cut off you can take your time with this one and you don't have to worry about your people dying or leaving if you don't have something built in time so just kick back and have some fun and if you need any help feel free to pm me if you want to I'll be glad to help any way I can and I'll let you in on a little secret I'm not that good with them either but they are so fun and I love them so give it a try and pm me if you need help.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Sep 17, 12 3:05 AM
This game doesn't have a tutorial.

It has a lot of 'repair xxx' and then takes you to that and you click and wait.

After an hour I finished the first chapter - no decisions to make, no strategising, no useful instructions, no explanations.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 12 3:07 AM
GMAC... As always, a fun and great review.

bertiepuppy wrote:Negatives - no decisions to make - they are made for you
No instructions on how to do anything except build this now - no way to move ahead

Rating

If a game wants to be a good game it needs clear instructions and some freedom to do things and this has nothing - a good game for 5 year olds but anyone above that would find this boring within about 2 minutes of play.

Hi Bertiepuppy...

Can I just say that the first chapter is the tutorial, and you will not be able to add buildings unless you are told. However, in the later chapters (levels) you have the freedom to add buildings where you want them.

Sometimes the main character tells you if it's a good idea to add more houses for workers and such, but those are just tips and hints. You don't have to do anything he says (after the tutorial). All you have to do to finish a level is get the goals.

Happy gaming, everyone.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 17, 12 3:17 AM
Valdy wrote:GMAC... As always, a fun and great review.

Hi Valdy Thank you very much caught yours as well and as always you did a great job. Thanks again.

bertiepuppy wrote:Negatives - no decisions to make - they are made for you

Rating

Hi Bertiepuppy...

Can I just say that the first chapter is the tutorial, and you will not be able to add buildings unless you are told. However, in the later chapters (levels) you have the freedom to add buildings where you want them.

Sometimes the main character tells you if it's a good idea to add more houses for workers and such, but those are just tips and hints. You don't have to do anything he says (after the tutorial). All you have to do to finish a level is get the goals.

Happy gaming, everyone.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 12 3:23 AM
You've made a bit of a mess with the quotes there, Gmac. LOL

I really like this game. It's just a shame that each level is rather long, and you will have to finish it before leaving the game, or you will have to start again from scratch.

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Sep 17, 12 3:58 AM
yeah Valdy that's my only complaint, no save progress option (or at least I didn't see one)

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Sep 17, 12 3:59 AM

hi ariinya,
keep going with it, especially if you love it! take notice of what adelantado says in the bottom left corner... he will let you know when it is time to do certain things like build more worker's houses, or another sawmill, or stonecutters etc. that can be very useful

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 17, 12 5:47 AM
Valdy wrote:You've made a bit of a mess with the quotes there, Gmac. LOL

I really like this game. It's just a shame that each level is rather long, and you will have to finish it before leaving the game, or you will have to start again from scratch.

Whoopsie you ain't kidding but a bit of a mess hmmmm I think I would call it a real mess Yeah not being able to save is a bummer.

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Sep 17, 12 6:28 AM
bertiepuppy wrote:This game doesn't have a tutorial.

It has a lot of 'repair xxx' and then takes you to that and you click and wait.

After an hour I finished the first chapter - no decisions to make, no strategising, no useful instructions, no explanations.

In Part 2 and Conclusion, you'll surely find out what this game is for.
BTW, all explanations and instructions were given already... in the first and second chapter.
(Upgrading is a different problem though)

gmac1007 wrote:
Valdy wrote:You've made a bit of a mess with the quotes there, Gmac. LOL

Whoopsie you ain't kidding but a bit of a mess hmmmm I think I would call it a real mess Yeah not being able to save is a bummer.

I didn't think about the save feature, because when I messed up the reasons were found always in the beginning - didn't upgrade silver mine or granite mine enough, or I didn't have enough gardens, stonecutters, sawmills, and blahblah... then I noticed I screwed up the whole thing because of resources
Well, I also think adding save option will improve the game further.

In addition to this, I really wanted to 'demolish depleted/minimum efficiency buildings'. Why I can't demolish useless woodcutters?!

Edited on 09/17/2012 at 6:34:39 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 17, 12 6:47 AM
I love this game and I bought it. I will figure things out as I progress through.Thank you BF for this exciting fun game.

liah22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by liah22 on Sep 17, 12 7:21 AM
Hello to everybody!
I was wainting so long to this game to come to BF, as I did the Beta test and the trial from de devs.Shame I did not wait few days more... I got it last week and finish it yesterday, and can say this is really a very good game! Lots of things to do, long chapters, the grafics are cut, very enjoyable! Worth the money payed for.
Does anyone knows when the book two will come out?

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Sep 17, 12 8:00 AM
I hope someone has an answer for me here. I just did the trial and absolutely love the game BUT I can't finish the 2nd chapter. I have only collected 84/100 gold and can't seem to find the rest! It won't let me upgrade any of the buildings, and I can't see how to earn more gold except by breaking the jars. I have broken all of them and don't have enough gold to pay the boatman and proceed. I see some of you have finished the game, so Please, please give me some advice. I am STUCK, Big time!

Go to: