bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Loco Mogul - Released on February 10, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 9, 09 11:00 PM
In Loco Mogul you play a seasoned railroader turned entrepreneur as you attempt to build a railroad empire. Search for hidden towns, mines and other customers in your territory then build a fully functional railroad, complete with train stations, junctions, bridges, and mountain tunnels. After you`ve built your railroad lines you get to run your trains and maximize profits by delivering materials to their destinations before your fuel runs out.

Re:Loco Mogul - Released on February 10, 2009

[Post New]by HappydePeppy on Feb 10, 09 6:47 AM
I am playing the 1 hour demo version and I have some troubles with building new train stations. I have some already but I cannot get more. What am I doing wrong?

Bengalcats
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,195 Posts

[Post New]by Bengalcats on Feb 10, 09 8:52 AM
Hello Happy

Welcome to the Pond. I downloaded this game yesterday but have not got around to playing it yet. Maybe I'll have a go tonight and if I can help I'll get back to you.

All the best

Heidi

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Feb 10, 09 10:46 AM
Your stations can't overlap. When you lay them, imagine a plus sign with the station as the middle block. You have to have clearance for the arms of the plus sign. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by VintageJane on Feb 10, 09 2:12 PM
love TM and strategy games. After initial problems enjoyed the freebie hour so bought. Now very very frustrated. Though like the game the random replay allows no learning or progression so far. Best hit is level 11. Anyone got any ideas how many levels there are????

[Post New]by katjacookie on Feb 10, 09 2:30 PM
I am having the exact same problem- I can get up to level 11 and that is it! I'm usually pretty good at figuring out new games, but this one is stumping me. I know there has to be more to it, since in the tutorial it talks about solid gold cars and I haven't seen any, but.... what is the trick to this game???? GRRRRRR! lol

Katja

[Post New]by ProfessorH on Feb 11, 09 4:09 AM
Tiy guys are way ahead of me. I can't get past level 5. I always run out of money surveying for the station locations without finding them all.

I never even get to lay any track so I am obviously missing something very basic in the way to play the game.

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Feb 11, 09 7:34 AM
I was starting to get really frustrated as well, until I accidentally learned something. I'm going to throw in a possible SPOILER ALERT here, just in case.

POSSIBLE SPOILER - YOU WERE WARNED

Okay, what I discovered is, you don't have to explore all the areas. You also don't have to service all the customers. What that means is, you can cover a small area with train service and fewer customers and rack up the money. So rather than having stations A-I,for example, just have stations A-D, again for example. Then you're able to meet all the car pickups and deliveries you have. Hope that helps and makes sense. If not, ask and I'll try to explain better.

Oh, and the reason for the spoiler warning is once you get the strategy down, the game can get repetative.

Edited on 02/11/2009 at 8:46:24 AM PST

[Post New]by katjacookie on Feb 13, 09 2:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured that out already while I was playing, but unfortunately it didn't help me because I couldn't make the money needed to advance. I've given up.

This is one of the few games from BFG that I feel ripped off on- the demo was great but I literally haven't enjoyed it for one minute since and have since uninstalled it. I don't mind a difficult game, but for me, this was one with an undeveloped tutorial and hint system, making it VERY frustrating.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Feb 16, 09 1:15 PM
I agree, the fact that your money rolls over into the next game means that if you make a few mistakes on a couple of levels, there is absolutely no way to make it up on subsequent levels.

I found I was restricted to finding and servicing less and less stations at each level, and by the 8th level, there wasn't enough money to find more than one station.

The only option at this point would have been to restart the entire game.

Not a well thought out design!

I think rolling some funds over from a prior level would add interest, but having the prior level fund everything - although realistic - makes for very limiting gameplay.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Nov 2, 12 10:28 PM
The idea is appealing, and the graphics have a simplistic charm, but the game wasn't well-designed. It very quickly becomes difficult to come up with the money you need to finish the levels, and this results in way too much restarting. At the beginning, I found the game fun, but the fun soon gave way to frustration.

I can't recommend it.

Go to: