upstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Timeline for Annie's death

[Post New]by upstream on Sep 18, 12 5:08 PM
I'm having trouble retrieving the last two dialogs regarding Richardson. I've looked through every dialog waiting for it to say: use this as evidence and there aren't any, yet it still has two dialog boxes on the timeline that don't have anything for me to add to the timeline. Help!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Timeline for Annie's death

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 19, 12 2:51 AM
Hiya upstream

Hint:

The items you need are in the documents list.

Highlight below for Solution:

*You need the testimonies of Long & Cadaosh that you pieced together in the Police Station.*

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Sep 19, 12 1:00 PM
There's also supposed to be Richardson's testimony, but I'm not able to select that to use as evidence, so I can't get the other icons for the timeline. WTH??

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Sep 19, 12 1:56 PM
I also cannot get the "lady's head" icon (as per the walkthrough) to appear for E. Long's testimony. I did piece together the documents for Long and Cadosch at the police station, and they are in my reference documents, but there is no "Use this document as proof" button to click on for hers - just the page of Long's testimony. I succeeded with all other parts of the timeline, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly. I'm drowning here, fellow fishies - someone throw me a lifeline, please!! Thanks in advance.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 19, 12 4:02 PM
pita1234 wrote:I also cannot get the "lady's head" icon (as per the walkthrough) to appear for E. Long's testimony. I did piece together the documents for Long and Cadosch at the police station, and they are in my reference documents, but there is no "Use this document as proof" button to click on for hers - just the page of Long's testimony. I succeeded with all other parts of the timeline, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly. I'm drowning here, fellow fishies - someone throw me a lifeline, please!! Thanks in advance.

Pita..Check that you haven't already put another document in the box. If you have the box with the wrong document will have a tiny x in the upper right corner. Click on it to remove it and the "Use this document as proof" button should return.

This may be the problem for LadyBlue too

If this isn't the case then I'm at a loss as to what the problem is but someone else may be able to help.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Sep 19, 12 6:35 PM
Rumbitothecore, you're a lifesaver - it worked! And I NEVER would have figured that out (or noticed the tiny "x") on my own. I really appreciate my fellow helpful Big Fish community! Thanks a million.

upstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by upstream on Sep 20, 12 6:43 PM
Thanks to all - I was finally able to get past this point. You guys rock! I did however miss getting a couple of documents previously before arriving back in London. I had to restart from a previously saved scene and talk with Richardson. Evidently I had left WhiteChapel without talking with him. After that, thanks to your help about the tiny x's in the right hand corner, I'm on my way to more perplexing situations.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Sep 21, 12 4:27 AM
Thank you!! That's exactly what it was. I was ready to give this up. YIPPEE

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 22, 12 4:30 PM
Thank you, thank you. I too had put the wrong document in but did not see the little x. I thought I was going to have to go back to my previous save and start over. Thank goodness for your help.

Heartisan
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Heartisan on Nov 25, 13 2:50 AM
What little box? I'm probably missing it cause it's late, but I don't see any little x's

Go to: