Monopoly ®

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Monopoly ®

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 19, 12 12:29 AM
Build your fortune as you buy, sell and trade the world's most famous properties. It's classic Monopoly fun! Take a ride on Reading Railroad, build a house on Baltic Avenue, or buy up the whole neighborhood - it's your turn to get rich! You'll take a spin around the world's favorite board with animated tokens, 3-D dice and customized game environments. Prove your skills as a deal maker in up to three levels of difficulty. Pass GO, take a Chance or head over to Community Chest as you wheel and deal your way to the top. But remember to stay out of Jail! Are you ready to own it all?

Edited on 09/19/2012 at 5:11:50 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Monopoly ®

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 12:33 AM
Morning, Flounder et al...

Is it just my version or does everyone else get this game only in Window mode AND only in German. I speak the language, but can't see that this game was supposed to come up only in this language?

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Sep 19, 12 12:47 AM
Valdy wrote:Morning, Flounder et al...

Is it just my version or does everyone else get this game only in Window mode AND only in German. I speak the language, but can't see that this game was supposed to come up only in this language?

I got it only in window mode, but then in settings (or something) found an adjustor so it switched to full screen, then I managed to turn the music off, phew.

The game board was the UK English version, Mayfair, Park Lane etc, but the narration/instructions gave the (I presume) USA game street names, so when it came to trading the USA street names were given, and of course I didn't know the equivalent UK places, so the game swiftly became unplayable. I didn't know if Pennsylvania Avenue was a blue set, yellow set or whatever.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 19, 12 12:49 AM
for me it was in...french!but i delete because the texts are too quickly erased from screen,i never had a chance to read,even in my native language!this game took me back when i played with my young son(now 38 years old!)

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 19, 12 12:51 AM
i remember that in options there are flags for choice of places and language??or have i a confused remembrance?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 19, 12 12:51 AM
ROFLOL I am not interested in this game but I am now tempted to download just to see what language I will get.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 12:52 AM
Is it possible that the game will come in the language of the country our computers are in? I am in Germany for the time being, and edmee got hers in French, so I am wondering if the game automatically adjusts to the language of the country the computer is in. That's really great. NOT !!

And thanks Nellie, I now saw where you can change to full screen. But I only get a German board, so I have to think about this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 12:54 AM
edmee1947 wrote:i remember that in options there are flags for choice of places and language??or have i a confused remembrance?

Do you mean that row of different colours at the top, Edmee? Those aren't flags - chance would be a fine thing. *sigh*

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 19, 12 12:55 AM

I was just going to say on the bright side you do speak the language lol. But for the rest of us lol

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 19, 12 1:00 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:ROFLOL I am not interested in this game but I am now tempted to download just to see what language I will get.
I do the same. LOL

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 1:02 AM
sassylassie wrote:I was just going to say on the bright side you do speak the language lol. But for the rest of us lol

Yeah, I guess, but I am used to the UK English Monopoly board. Don't care for the German one.

BTW, are you in a country that uses a different language from your own? Because it seems that the English-speaking world does get the game in English, although, there seems to be a bit of a mix-up with the boards and commentary/instruction, as Nellie said.

I love Monopoly. I own "Trade Mania" - no mania in this game though, and love this game, because it is similar to Monopoly.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 19, 12 1:07 AM
I have the english version. And I am Dutch. And the windows mode. I delete the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 1:09 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I have the english version. And I am Dutch. And the windows mode. I delete the game.

Ah... maybe you get the English version, because your country shows American TV in its original language, and maybe therefore that's why they left it in English for the Netherlands?

Well, I won't be buying this game just yet. I will see if - on this ENGLISH SPEAKING SITE - we can't ALL get the ENGLISH SPEAKING version. LOL

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 19, 12 1:13 AM
Very strange!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Sep 19, 12 1:16 AM

I got the English version (Mac). It opens in window mode, but in options you can set the resolution and check full screen. It actually is widescreen on my monitor.

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on Sep 19, 12 1:17 AM
I have no idea what language mine will be in because when I click on Play, all I get is a windowed white screen. (I'm using the Mac version.)

Hmm.

Guess I'll uninstall it and wait to see if there's gonna be a revised version out someday.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 1:23 AM
shorenuf wrote:I got the English version (Mac). It opens in window mode, but in options you can set the resolution and check full screen. It actually is widescreen on my monitor.

Well, it seems that if you are in an English-speaking country, you do get the English version. Edmee got the French one, and I the German. So it must depend on the country - except for Dobbie, of course. LOL

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 19, 12 1:33 AM
Had to see for myself - I am in California and got American English and windowed that fills my screen so I can't barely see the window parts. Cute game.

Celticcoco

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 19, 12 1:42 AM
Coco----look on the bottom (partially hidded by the task bar) for the option to get out of windowed mode.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 19, 12 1:44 AM
I wonder why this game closes the game mgr when it begins, and reopens it on closing. A lot of RPGs do this, too. No big deal, just wondering why.

Go to: