bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Monopoly ® technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 19, 12 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Post any Monopoly ® technical issues here only

[Post New]by 2easy on Sep 19, 12 2:03 AM
cannot download....says please update your video card????? Rubbish!!!deleted it!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 2:23 AM
This is not a technical issue as such, but just wanted to mention here that those peeps in Germany get the German version, Edmee in France gets the French version, and those in the English-speaking world get the English version.

However, Nellie mentioned that she got a UK English board, but with instructions etc. for the American version.

Shouldn't there have been at least a button somewhere that will give us a choice of language? And if not, why can't I get the English version on this English-speaking site?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 19, 12 3:08 AM
Hi Fishies,

2easy - so the request for a graphic card update is often shown if you are not running the most recent version. To avoid trouble with this and potentially other games, it is a good idea to check if there is an update you can install.

The information in the help article here, will guide you through this process.

If you would like some assistance with this however, we would be happy to help.If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, we can get to helping you right away.

For those Fishies who feel like not seeing the correct version of the game, please get in touch with Customer Support.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/19/2012 at 2:42:45 PM PST

Gamer_7
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_7 on Sep 19, 12 4:03 AM
At the end of demo installation, I get a pop-up window giving me the option to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 X86 redistributable to its original state or to remove it from the computer. I tried the option to restore to its original state and then am asked for the original installation disk. I don't have that, of course.

I tried downloading the latest update with security fix from the Microsoft site. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and got the exact same message.

I'm afraid to even open the game and I am pretty certain I don't want to remove the Visual C++ from my PC.

This game is a buy for me even without trying it. But trying it is the only way to check for issues such as this one.

Kind of stumped right now.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 19, 12 5:22 AM
2easy wrote:cannot download....says please update your video card????? Rubbish!!!deleted it!

I got the same thing and the funny part is, I just got my computer back from the tech guys who installed a brand new updated video card on it !! Delete as well!

Demenshia
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Demenshia on Sep 19, 12 6:09 AM
Gamer_7 wrote:At the end of demo installation, I get a pop-up window giving me the option to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 X86 redistributable to its original state or to remove it from the computer. I tried the option to restore to its original state and then am asked for the original installation disk. I don't have that, of course.

I tried downloading the latest update with security fix from the Microsoft site. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and got the exact same message.

I'm afraid to even open the game and I am pretty certain I don't want to remove the Visual C++ from my PC.

This game is a buy for me even without trying it. But trying it is the only way to check for issues such as this one.

Kind of stumped right now.

I got the same message except instead of saying to return it to original state it said mine was a newer version

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Sep 19, 12 6:13 AM
Yep, same here. Told me to "repair" Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 X86 , so I did, then when trying to open, I am told to update my video card, which was just updated. Wanted to play!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 19, 12 6:17 AM
Hi Fishies,

That pop up for Microsoft C++ may be caused by a number of different factors.

So that we can provide correct advice on this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

One of our Reps will be happy to help and provide dedicated support.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/19/2012 at 2:43:47 PM PST

Gamer_7
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_7 on Sep 19, 12 6:43 AM
I ran one on my PC and sent the report with a screen shot.

I hope this gets resolved but even if the C++ issue get resolved, I will expect language issues based on all the comments in the other thread.

Waiting to see.......

Demenshia
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Demenshia on Sep 19, 12 6:57 AM
I just wanted to update that even though I had the C++ message it seemed to play just fine through the demo period.

Jake1999
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Jake1999 on Sep 19, 12 7:04 AM
Everything works, except my dice are black. I've tried changing the color, etc. Just black dice and I have to watch the screen to see what was thrown.

[Post New]by gamegal2010 on Sep 19, 12 7:16 AM
My game runs fine, music and all. but I have a terrible problem with another image "ghosting" over the pictures. I also received the message about the visual graphics. It's a shame, cause it looked like fun... Oh well, I'm gonna delete it before I cause more problems to my laptop. Happy Gaming to those Fishies that can get this game to work.

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Sep 19, 12 7:34 AM
Can't see the dice, they are completely black.
My computer has Win 7 with all of the latest drivers.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Sep 19, 12 7:36 AM
Aside from the language issues, (Game board is UK English, dialogue such as Property Names are American English) the game itself seems to cheat. I rolled a double, landed on Chance, should have had another roll afterwards, but wasn't allowed. Then the AI rolled doubles, landed on Chance, got a similar card to mine and was allowed to roll again. I un- and re-installed the GM as suggested, but it didn't resolve the language problem. Repaired the C++ thing first time, and had to do it again after re-installing the game. This is too Hinky and I won't be buying it. Trade Mania is a lot more fun.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 19, 12 7:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you having diplay issues, please ensure you have accepted any additonal add ons during the download process. If not, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and accecpting those prompts, to see if that helps.

Also, should you like to, you can check your drivers here.

Failing that, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so we can investigate this with you.

I also wanted to confirm that the version that is installed, is dictated by your operating system during download.

If you have the incorrect version, please get in touch with Tech Support so we can provide some more specific help!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/19/2012 at 2:41:52 PM PST

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Sep 19, 12 7:46 AM
For Windows 7, the game gives the following error message:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

Unfortunately this new version is not down-gradable and causes display problems.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 19, 12 8:09 AM
I also got the "update C+++" thing. I clicked on "no", and the game played fine. I'm not updating something on my laptop, it's only a few months old.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 8:25 AM
ElizabethR1533 wrote:I also got the "update C+++" thing. I clicked on "no", and the game played fine. I'm not updating something on my laptop, it's only a few months old.

Same here. I never install those extras that sometimes come with a game. Perhaps they are for older computers so that the games function properly. I never had problems with the games when I didn't install those extras, and never would.

This game works fine with me, it's just not in the language I thought it would come in. LOL

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Sep 19, 12 9:11 AM
I have a Mac 10.6.8 all I get is a white screen. Tried to unistall and reinstall as suggested with the same results. I'll find something else to play.

Go to: