TGT: Egypt III - Fate of Ramses

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 10, 09 3:33 AM
Has anyone played this game? Is it one of those with lots of places to go to at any one given time and you can get fed up trotting around the same old scenes? Do you need a walkthrough all the time? Are the puzzles interesting? Any "poodle approval"? Thanks.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:TGT: Egypt III - Fate of Ramses

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 10, 09 3:37 AM
Large file, large file, hooray!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 10, 09 3:40 AM
Cats, you won't see Poodle for a while, I'm afraid.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Feb 10, 09 3:41 AM
Hi Cats

Seems like a Nancy Drew type game...I get stuck with this kind.

Lee

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 10, 09 3:50 AM
Good morning everyone
I read some of the reviews on this game. Over all it seems like an ok game. Though they says lots of wandering around trying to figure out what to do. You have to look in all little nooks & crannies for clues. It also says you must look up & down as well as straight forward. says can be frustrating & moves at a slow pace & you will need the walkthrough.
So for me I will give it a pass for now. I already have Nibiru. which seems to be about the same. very slow, seems like all you do is wander
Have fun to those who will enjoy this game! I Hope every one has a FINtastic Day!!!

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 10, 09 4:08 AM
Oh no.... not one of those games...! I have Nibiru too and several Nancy Drew games..and I just get too frustrated with them. If I could give them away I would.. !!

Obvioulsy my mental capacity is not up to them... so again I wait for what I call a "decent" game.... Oh please get Dream Chronicles 3 soon, soon.... !!

Hope those of you who like them though.. enjoy it.... !!! And I will pray for more patience.......!!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 10, 09 4:17 AM
Thank you - gave up on Nibiru and get fed up with the Nancy Drew games - so will "dream on" regarding tomorrow's TGT!!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 10, 09 6:05 AM
I have a hard enough time wandering around my house trying to figure out what I am supposed to be doing. I surely don't want to wander around in a game.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 10, 09 6:08 AM
Looks like I´ll give it a miss too, I get annoyed if I can´t find what I´m meant to be looking for. DH is still waiting for the next Big City Adventure.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 10, 09 6:10 AM
This is an adventure game- like Nancy Drew. I played this several years ago, but recall it being pretty good.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 10, 09 6:11 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:Cats, you won't see Poodle for a while, I'm afraid.

I'll pop in for a quick note here, but yeah, not a full Poodlereview.

I did some research on this game because I was curious. I have not played it so this is just me summerizing what I found:

It came out originally in 2004 and got *pretty good* reviews, usually in the 75% region. Gameplay is called very linear with a very traditonal point and click inventory puzzle type structure. The puzzles were called good but not terribly challenging for the most p[art, but getting more clever towards the end. The story is supposed to be excellent as are graphics (by 2004 standards) and voice acting (tho personally the female voice in the clip here on sounded an awful lot like Nancy Drew to me ). Two of the reviews I read (and I confess I skimmed most) said it was short, "play in a day" and had no replayability as nothing changed and path was completely linear. One thing that was touted in more than one place is it's historically very accurate and has many refrences to actual mythologies and practices of the time, which is a definite cool point for me, but might not matter to others.

So sounds kinda mixed. I'm heading to bed but I got a game credit burning away so... I will pop back for a full review if I do play it.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 10, 09 6:12 AM
Poodle - thank you - welcome back

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 10, 09 6:24 AM
Just not into the large file games. I feel like I'm playing bumper pool with my character because I keep sending her this direction, bump...that direction...bump...etc. Takes me forever to figure out this type of game. Too frustrating and cancels out the fun of playing games. So, I'll also give this one a pass.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 10, 09 6:27 AM
((((Poodlebear))) Nice to see you in the pond again.

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Feb 10, 09 6:33 AM
Read somewhere that this is a short game. That its over in one days playing. Don`t think I`ll buy this one. Don`t fancy too much of the desert/Egypt stuff.

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Feb 10, 09 8:05 AM
I have 1&2 both, so may have to have this one also. The other 2 were good games, in my opinion. I like the distraction of milling around trying to figure out what to do next. Takes my mind off the stresses of every day life.

[Post New]by candleofhope on Feb 10, 09 8:14 AM
Large file oh yeahhhh.....2,053,230 KB.... broadband download is over an hour......gees.....

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 10, 09 8:16 AM
candleofhope wrote:Large file oh yeahhhh.....2,053,230 KB.... broadband download is over an hour......gees.....

Definately not going to play it!

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Feb 10, 09 9:04 AM
Love Nancy Drew and large file games, gonna give this a try. Played 15 min. so far but have to go back to work now.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Feb 10, 09 10:17 AM
My daughter and I had this game when it originally came out. We loved it!!! Low and behold, she musta lent it to somebody at sometime before she moved, cause it's not in the game case[sigh].. I paid big for that game LOL

Yes it's a bit tedious, not too bad... We used a walkthrough only in a couple spots. Of course having a teeny bopper help ya makes a difference LOL

Go to: