bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 20, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 20, 12 1:22 AM
I'm so enjoying this game BUT the system cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen. It's really annoying.
This is on my Macbook Pro iOS X 10.8.1 running Mountain Lion.
Any ideas anyone please?
I can't find an option to use system cursor instead of custom cursor, so am stuck at the moment.
Thanks in advance.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 20, 12 2:06 AM
Hi belamba,

Sorry to hear that!

I know that you can set this game up to use the system curor in the Options menu, so I would definitely encourage trying that out!

If you continute to have trouble though after doing that, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to Tech Support, so we can provide some tailored suggestions.

I hope this helps - I have my fins crossed for you!

bfgBaikal

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Sep 20, 12 2:15 AM
I played the demo, bought the game and got error 703. I went through all the steps and re-started my computer. My 2 credits still show, but purchase history says I bought it already. Hit re-install, it its now stuck on waiting to activate and the little blue circle over in the queue is not twirling. Now what?

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Sep 20, 12 2:22 AM
Never mind, it has been solved and the game is installed! Who knows what I did. Doesn't matter.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Sep 20, 12 2:34 AM
I've been getting a message saying 4c7cofib: dark parable red riding hood sisters-CE.exe file corrupt. I'm still able to play but not sure why it keeps popping up.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 20, 12 2:37 AM
dj----when that happens to me I just click on "games" in the d/l queue, and click on install and that seems to take care of it!!

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Sep 20, 12 3:17 AM
I just wonder why the download/s are soo slow now..they were always fast before

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 20, 12 3:29 AM
Hi Fishies,

giddiup101 - I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps?

An error like that indicates an issue with the download and so hopefully, retrying it, will resolve that for you.

lorem - The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

Also, you can adjust your download settings to try and access our site in a different way. The help article here, has some tips on how to adjust your Game Manager settings and try the alternative download method.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by SilentRaven22 on Sep 20, 12 7:31 AM
Hi I downloaded the demo it took ages to activate then it tells me my trial is finished. I really love these games but I am not sure about buying now and waste money on a game I can't play. Has any one else experienced this problem?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 20, 12 10:14 AM
Hi SilentRaven22,

I'm sorry you had trouble getting the trial version! From what you described, it does sound like something may have happened during the download process that caused the trial timer to prematurely expire. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game should get everything straightened out, though.

Since the activation process also took longer than it should, first please check out the help article I'm linking below. It goes over some things that may have caused that issue and suggestions for how to get everything resolved:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Then, try installing the trial again. You can read more about how to do that in the other help article here.

If you go through those troubleshooting suggestions and are still having trouble, you can also definitely get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by sartasia on Sep 20, 12 11:12 AM
Got to the town hall door and was attempting to make a complete coat of arms when game froze. I will restart and see if it has saved and if it will continue from same point.

ETA
I restarted and the game continued from town square. When I attempted the coat of arms again I found that if I pick up top coin and then touch the shifting button it freezes.

ETA2
Skipped puzzle and have continued with no problems.

Edited on 09/20/2012 at 12:45:40 PM PST

[Post New]by kitwindmill on Sep 20, 12 11:55 AM
Passed the castle entrance, went into the garden, from there to the prison and back to the garden and now I can't do anything anymore. Cursor still works hint button too, I can still access the map and the strategy guide and take things out of my inventory but that's it. I can't leave the scene, I'm supposed to insert a deer plate into the door but that doesn't work, the hint directs me to that door though... can't go back either... is that a glitch?

[Post New]by SilentRaven22 on Sep 20, 12 12:06 PM
I followed your advice and uninstalled and reinstalled game and it worked perfectly. Thank you for your help.

acyy415
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by acyy415 on Sep 20, 12 3:11 PM
hello all,
I'm running with MAC OS X,
Near the end of the second last chapter I lost sound except for special effects?
What is that? Then near the end of the final chapter I lost cut scenes and had to skip to go forward. I missed the end of the story. NOT FAIR!
I know the art changed around the same time did the compatibility change too?
Maggie

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Sep 20, 12 3:21 PM
im getting error 766 have tried 3 times already no luck pity refund please

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 20, 12 3:33 PM
kitwindmill: I would try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should. If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that. However, if the game still won't let you progress even after trying that, don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this for you. More information on how to do that with the link below.

acyy415: I'm sorry the game did that, in this case I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look into what happened for you. For more information on how to do that, just click the link below:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

tinyzac: I'm sorry you got that error. If you go to this help article here, it goes over what can cause this error and a few things that we've found that can clear that error up: Why do I receive a 766 error when trying to install my game? .

However, if you try that and the game is still giving you trouble, don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to help with your purchase in anyway they can!

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 20, 12 8:06 PM
Beautiful game! I have had problems with a couple of the puzzles thus far: The coat of arms one just would not work, and the moving colored circles to match them and remove them from the board - they just don't move even when trying to click the next square or the little arrows that appear...had to skip both.

Otherwise, no problems and I am loving playing the game!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 21, 12 3:18 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi belamba,

Sorry to hear that!

I know that you can set this game up to use the system curor in the Options menu, so I would definitely encourage trying that out!

If you continute to have trouble though after doing that, please run a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix</a> report and then send that over to <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a>, so we can provide some tailored suggestions.

I hope this helps - I have my fins crossed for you!

bfgBaikal

Hi there,
I looked in options, but my game doesn't have the custom cursor option? Only sound, music and FX?
I've returned to the game three times now. Twice had a stuck cursor, and once didn't!
Want to buy it on my Mac, just trying to recreate the once that didn't have stuck system cursor. Very odd. Never had this happen before

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 21, 12 4:20 AM
Hi belamba,

This is very odd indeed. Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums so I would suggest contacting our Tech Support team for some more specific help with this issue.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Go to: