Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Wyvernlord on Jan 6, 15 12:03 PM
The same horrible error or glitch. Got a message at midnight that "all things come to an end" and when I clicked on the OK button, it started over from the very beginning. All gone... ...and start again from level 1...
Then now Santa and the little elf is back but all achivements with my level 32 remain gone.

jeanjrs
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jeanjrs on Jan 6, 15 4:07 PM
This probably is not a technical issue, however, I have no other place to ask my question. What do you do with the Inventory Items on the Inventory Page - it talks about selling them ---- are you supposed to sell them (and why) = or are you supposed to just let them collect. How do you use them??? Thank you - hope someone can help me.
jeanjrs

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 6, 15 4:38 PM
Jean.......inventory items........these are the items you collect from doing the HOS's, the airship, wheel of fortune, etc..........you will use most of these items in the game in the ZZ's (zoom zones) like the torch you use for the burnt tree......I say most of these items.......some of them are not used all that often and you may sell extras, but be careful.....keep at least 25 or so of all items......you may not use them now but will need them as you level up. These inventory items just accumulate and when you use them for crafting or a ZZ they will just be deleted from your inventory.
You probably should not ever sell stamps........you may have hundreds or thousands "now" but as you level up you will need them more and more.

Edited to add...........don't sell pet food either.

Edited on 01/06/2015 at 4:40:57 PM PST

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

Back up successful

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 6, 15 6:04 PM
Hey friends & PC techies
After reading however many lost their game, and how some of us have made back ups, I was mortified!! , I feel your pain and thought : I should back up my progress (level 18).
Put in a DVD-RW disc, and followed Windows instructions. After Windows formatted the disc it notified me to restart the PC. Worked like a charm - copied all 2KB.
Hope I've helped others.
datsalotta relief.
Gotta go play now

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Jan 6, 15 7:19 PM
I have been reading about all of the folks who lost their games because they were playing when the change over was done and just wondered if it might be a good idea to send out an announcement, like the little envelope for the tournaments, when an update is going to be done. Give everyone an hour and then they have a chance to close out their game before the update is done. I know that I for one would love to know ahead of time if I was in the middle of playing a game, and I would definitely log off. Just a thought.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 6, 15 7:42 PM
Beckster...that is an excellent idea, and I bet it really wouldn't take much to implement it...but then again ______ fill in the blank, lol.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 7, 15 7:32 AM
Filling in the blank ___________...........

That would make sense, therefore it will never happen.

gadget23mom
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by gadget23mom on Jan 7, 15 1:09 PM
I'm not receiving credit for achievements completed. I've been watching my "steering wheel" count for the airship and on the last 2 shipments I racked up 190 steering wheels but my achievement number has remained at 6,921. On my count I should have received the achievement some time ago. Is it because we are shipping out the Christmas sleigh instead of the actual airship?

3t3rn1ty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 3t3rn1ty on Jan 7, 15 3:42 PM
So I hear about if you have a later version of the game saved on your computer you can restore but some of us reinstalled the game and no longer have a later version. Does that mean we are screwed out of the money and time we put into the game or can it be saved somehow? I still have my ID from before and was hoping when the game opened it would ask me for my user name or something but no I get starting over at the beginning. Where can I get help for this?

ffernald
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ffernald on Jan 7, 15 3:53 PM
The Jan 7 update is not showing up on either the auto or the downloads page. I am on a PC.

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 7, 15 3:58 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to start over at level #1 am at level #13, it says, have old version out of date, install update, went to apps, clicked update, says no updates available. So now what?
Gavi-TN
--------------------------
never mind it fixed itself.
thnx for listening

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 5:01:24 PM PST

athwick
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by athwick on Jan 7, 15 4:04 PM
I also cannot find the update for PC. I was playing the game when it suddenly flashed that the version was out of date, and to check for the update, manually if necessary. I did, and there is nothing. I'm sorry I did not see the posts here about the update. Like another, I wonder why a message could not have been sent, similar to those announcing a tournament. No $$$ in that, I guess.

[Post New]by Raeofleight on Jan 7, 15 4:06 PM
There is a message that they are doing maintenance and it may be down a while.

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Jan 7, 15 6:01 PM
I just did a uninstall and then downloaded from the website but........I am in the game now but I still have CHRISTMAS STUFF. I can move around in the game and play it if I want. I did send my SLEIGH off. Don't know exactly what I should do now. My id#is 384393

Just logged off and then reopened my game and it opened with the Christmas Stuff still there. Didn't tell me I had an outdated version or anything. And when I check on my BF screen, I don't see any updates. Did a manual check for updates and it told me there were none.

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 6:10:02 PM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 7, 15 6:08 PM
Beckster.....I still have the Christmas stuff too...........I think in the next day or two (more probably tonight) we will return to the regular game..........hopefully with no more game losses.

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 6:47:26 PM PST

[Post New]by rhianonmat on Jan 7, 15 7:14 PM
What is the deal with the Christmas content??

A few days ago I got a message when I started the game that the Christmas event was over. My regular daily quest guy came back and things were good.

The next day the stupid Christmas content was back! I just updated (hoping the Christmas crud would finally leave) and the Christmas stuff is still there!!

Grrr.... PLEASE get rid of this stuff so I can get back to earning my pet medallions. I have pet eggs that I've been waiting to hatch!

[Post New]by frazerc on Jan 7, 15 8:34 PM
Game hung when opening so I quit and restarted and got the message about it being out of date and needing the update. I did a computer restart, then did the update. Everything was copacetic, game opened fine and I played for a bit. I closed up, then returned several hours later. Now I'm getting the need to update message again. Running Windows 7 on an HP.

Suggestions?

[Post New]by Mominatorof3 on Jan 8, 15 9:26 AM
Also unable to play. I updated via the game manager and getting a message that the game is out of date and to manually find an update. Did that, no update.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Jan 8, 15 10:55 AM
I installed the update this afternoon, Christmas stuff disappeared, normal daily quests back (no content update for lvl. 53), everything working fine -
BUT: now I am also infected with the "perfect score glitch", now ranking 1st on every lvl. I played, leaving the HOS does not help

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jan 8, 15 12:42 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Rosie....so glad for you!

Chris........yes, the wreaths not a problem with me....mine is the santa hats.

Ah well, today the old format came on (could not continue playing, as you can with some updates by ignoring them and clicking the X) so back to normal daily quests. Now - what do I do with all the hats, wreaths and baubles? Can I sell them, or may they become essential for something soon?

but, wanted to say a big THANK YOU to BFG for a nice Christmas scenario and the chance to fill my game coffers with gold and items And glad to see the flowers-to-coins glitch is still repaired. Happy New Year BFG, it was a fun season

Go to: