peanut242
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by peanut242 on Jan 6, 17 2:10 AM
After reading other players problems, this is nothing but I will still mention it. I have noticed that all my friends now have green icons against their name, when I know they are not active players. Good luck to everyone else trying to sort out their problems

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,516 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 6, 17 7:24 AM
I have also noticed that a friend who has not been in the game since Halloween now has a green icon. Very odd……

bfgPanthalassa
2,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 6, 17 10:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by here in order to help with the issues that are being reported here.

Collen57, I'm sorry to hear that there's been trouble leaving gifts under people's trees in the game. I understand that you reached out to our Customer Support Team, but haven't yet received a response, and I completely understand wanting to look into this.

I've been in touch with our Support Team, and it looks like a Rep was able to reach out to you a couple days ago. If you haven't received that email yet I suggest double-checking your Spam and Junk Mail folder, just to be safe. If it isn't showing up there, the best thing to do is to reply directly to the confirmation email you received when first contacting the team and let them know. When doing this, we also recommend adding the following email to your safe senders list, which will help ensure that you receive all future emails from our Support Team:

bigfishgames@mailwc.custhelp.com

The following help article has some additional information about this in case it's needed:

Contact Customer Support

Thank you peanut242 and Desertdruid for taking the time to post what you're seeing here. The Forum Moderation Team has received some reports that players are no longer seeing the red icons appearing in their Friends List, and we've been working to pass these reports along to the right team. They're in the process of looking into the situation further, and we definitely appreciate everyone's patience in this matter.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Collen57
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Collen57 on Jan 7, 17 8:10 AM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by here in order to help with the issues that are being reported here.

Collen57, I'm sorry to hear that there's been trouble leaving gifts under people's trees in the game. I understand that you reached out to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">Customer Support Team</a>, but haven't yet received a response, and I completely understand wanting to look into this.

I've been in touch with our Support Team, and it looks like a Rep was able to reach out to you a couple days ago. If you haven't received that email yet I suggest double-checking your Spam and Junk Mail folder, just to be safe. If it isn't showing up there, the best thing to do is to reply directly to the confirmation email you received when first contacting the team and let them know.

Thank you for checking into that for me! There wasn't anything in my spam folder so I replied to the confirmation email as you suggested.

pepita933
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by pepita933 on Jan 8, 17 6:01 PM
I am on level 63 and have been trying to gat the knights avatar. I know I have hit the knight for over a solid month, and keep getting set back to 16! I think this last time it was a download for the program. I also have troubles on my friend page trying to take off my wish list. The program hangs, or crashes, I have to shut down everything and come back to the program later. Last, on that same vein, all the items we scroll through, could they get organized so we don't have to scroll through 28 pages?

I know your job is pretty thankless, so I am thanking you now for the behind the scenes work you do so faithfully. Thank you for keeping this game fun!

[Post New]by hiddenseeker123 on Jan 8, 17 10:10 PM
I have followed the tips on preventing game crashes, they are not as frequent but still happening. After crashng, Why do the daily quests reset to a new one? Also since some game progression is lost you must replay it, Why arent the gifts sent from friends, both the gifts delivered by the mailman and the gifts delivered under the xmas tree, reset either by restoring the gifts for reselection or adding them back into inventory

Edited on 01/08/2017 at 10:12:26 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
2,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 10, 17 10:58 AM
Hi All,

It sounds like people are encountering some issues in the game, and I wanted to stop in to provide help with these.

pepita933, I'm sorry to hear that you've been seeing these issues. It sounds like you're seeing some progress in the game reset and that it's been crashing. When these kinds of problems occur I suggest taking a look at the Game crashing, freezing, or not working section in the following help article, and trying the steps there:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

I also understand that you have a request for the Inventory page in the game, and I appreciate you taking the time to post this in the forums. The Forum Moderation Team isn't able to modify the game itself, however we do work to pass along suggestions and feedback that's posted. I'm going to make sure to send your idea along to the appropriate team, and please feel free to contact one of our active Moderators if you have any further suggestions.

hiddenseeker123, it sounds like the game is continuing to crash, and I definitely don't want you to be encountering this problem. It may be the case that miscommunications between the server and the game are causing the Daily Quests to be reset and for those items to be removed.

Whenever someone is encountering a persisting issue like this, or seeing a loss of progress in the game, we highly recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID, which can be found using the steps in the following:

Finding Your In-Game ID

While the Forum Moderation Team would like to be able to help with this ourselves, the forums don't contain the tools we'd need to look into this problem. However our Reps can provide further assistance, and they're always happy to help as best they can.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Kayi214318 on Jan 14, 17 1:09 PM
Player ID i214318.. Overnight (Australia) my blue gems have gone from approx 340 to 70. Too expensive to lose I need them back. Thanks, Kay Wood.

[Post New]by tnlady1956 on Jan 15, 17 11:01 AM
I have a question. I am on level 74, and have been waiting for a so-called update since November. At this point, there is no where for me to advance. I have been told by email for Big Fish that there is an update coming, but nothing for two months. I feel sorry for the people that haven't gotten to this level yet, but I feel like I need to apprise everyone of whats going on. If, and I mean if, there is to be no other updates then I feel like we should be informed so that people won't continue to waste their money on anything.

bfgIlinalta
1,449 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 15, 17 4:41 PM
Hello Kayi214318 and tnlady1956,

Thank you both for taking the time to discuss issues with the iOS version of Midnight Castle here. I can absolutely provide the way to resolve an issue with missing currency in our game as well as seeing if we have any specific information on content updates for this game.

tnlady1956, thank you for your patience and for enjoying Midnight Castle so far. Currently, there has not been a recent update or any new information about extra quest content to be provided for this game. However, I do know that the teams behind this game are working hard to create this content and as soon as it is available for players, it will be announced in the Midnight Castle forums. The Forum Moderation Team will definitely let players know about any decisions that are made regarding the updates for this game or if an update has been made available for the game. Thank you for your understanding.

Kayi214318, I am sorry to hear that your diamonds appear to have been reduced overnight. We definitely want to help with that, so please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with your in-game ID and our Reps will get back in touch as soon as possible to help with that.

Thank you both for your time and patience, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
521 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 16, 17 9:17 PM
Help please

Need to proceed with the game. Freeze when I tried to change a gift on my wish list. New to this platform.

When this happens on my pc, I just access my task bar by pressing the windows button on my keyboard. Then I go to task master and end the MC task.

How to I get past this frozen game on ipad?

datsalotta

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,516 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 17, 17 11:31 AM
Hi datsalotta,
This happens sometimes when you are deleting something from your wish list.

The best way to handle it is to wait patiently until it stops saying "please wait", then close the social page, even if the item is still showing on your wish list. When you open it again, it will still be there at first, then disappear shortly.

If you need to remove something else, close the social page in between.

bfgPanthalassa
2,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 17, 17 1:56 PM
Hi datsalotta,

I understand that the game froze when you were changing an item on your Wish List. Thank you Desertdruid for stopping by with that information!

If the game is freezing without that Please wait message, or if the freezing persists for an extremely long period of time, the Forum Moderation Team encourages trying the steps in the help article I've included below. The steps under the Game crashing, freezing, or not working section of the following can be particularly helpful in situations like this:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If the game is still freezing, we then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a player ID. Our Reps definitely want people to be able to enjoy their game without it freezing up, and they can provide some further assistance. If they're needed, steps on locating that ID can be found in the following:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that this information is able to help.

bfgPanthalassa

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
521 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 17, 17 7:30 PM
Thanks bfg Panthalassa and Desert Druid.

I should be up and running shortly. I hope.

datsalotta frozen on ipad

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
521 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 17, 17 7:40 PM
OK I got the game back THANKS A LOT

[Post New]by Shelleyrae73 on Jan 18, 17 5:03 AM
I just spent three hours finishing the snowflake challenge and doing three rounds of my open rooms to finish a quest. Decided before I closed down to give gifts under the tree, was almost all the way through my list and the game crashed, and now it's as if I didn't do anything IThe quests I'd finished also reverted but the gold I spent on them is gone.

Edited on 01/18/2017 at 5:05:47 AM PST

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,516 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 18, 17 6:08 AM
Ouch, Shelleyrae! I'm so sorry!
My game just lost connection several times, so I closed it & came here to see if anyone else was having connection problems. Apparently so.

I always make a point to close the game down so it will save my progress after I've made any big achievement, or received really good gifts. Also, if I see I'm the only one on my leaderboard when I finish a HOS, I know the connection is getting flaky & if I'm smart, I'll get out & save my progress.

I know closing down frequently is a pain, but it's better than losing 3 hours work!!!

PS: I'll be happy to send you snowflakes …

Edited on 01/18/2017 at 6:11:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Shelleyrae73 on Jan 18, 17 6:13 AM
I'll make sure to do that from now on, thanks for the advice DesertDruid Snowflakes would be welcome - 22 to go!

Edited on 01/18/2017 at 6:14:36 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
1,449 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 18, 17 3:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report what experiences have been had with the iOS version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like some progress loss issues have been reported and I'd like to provide how to get additional help for these issues, just in case it helps out.

datsalotta, thank you for your patience and I'm glad to hear that your game is back up and running! Happy gaming!

Shelleyrae73, I'm sorry that this has occurred. We definitely don't want our players to lose their hard work and progress when playing through the game. Desertdruid has provided an excellent workaround to make sure that progress gets saved, just in case a crash does end up happening and interfering with the saving progress as it closes down. Thank you Desertdruid for swimming by with that kind support.

If you would like, Shellyrae73, please feel free to contact our Support Team about the missing gold and items as they have the tools available to help out when situations like this occur. They can be contacted HERE and only need an explanation of what occurred as well as your in-game ID. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by teresasmi on Jan 20, 17 6:22 PM
im suppose to play the dragon and he keeps saying no tasks will reveal the truth in a later up date please help

Go to: