bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Sylia - Act 1 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 21, 12 12:49 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

SMITTY1
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:strategy guide and game/can't open both at same time

[Post New]by SMITTY1 on Sep 21, 12 5:19 PM
Normally I have my guide and game both open at the same time so I can reference back and forth as I play..but now when I try to open one or the other while I already have one open, it says "you already have a game running" and won't allow it..
This is very inconvenient and time consuming.
This is annoying..have I wasted my money?
What's up with that?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Sylia - Act 1 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 24, 12 5:43 AM
Heya SMITTY1,

If you are experiencing problems to open the strategy guide and the game at the same time it might help to close the Game Manager after you opened the game and try opening the strategy guide through the desktop shortcut that is being created when the game /strategy guide is being installed.

If the shortcuts aren't on your desktop a quick uninstall and reinstall of the game and the strategy guide might solve the problem for you.

If neither of these tips helps you can always get in touch with our Customer Support. They'll be more than happy to work on that with you so you can have the guide and the game open at the same time!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Dawgobert
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Dawgobert on Sep 24, 12 3:59 PM
I have it set that if I launch a game from the game manager, the manager closes when the game is launched.

No matter where I launch the game from be it the manager or desktop, the message of whoooops... it seems like this game is already running (not verbatim but the same meaning).

The trouble seems to be that both the game file and the SG file are being recognized by the computer as the same file. Even on closing the SG, instead of the picture that is listed for the SG is shown as the picture for the actual game itself. '

Just an educated guess but it seems that the SG file needs to somehow be disassociated with the game file like perhaps Sylia1SG. I'm not technologically advanced to try and mess with the file myself.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 25, 12 1:51 PM
Hi Fishies,

Because the game and the Strategy Guide are both installed and launched through the Game Manager program, the error about another game running can come up from time to time.

It's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team as they'll be able to take a look at how the game and SG are running on your computer and can work with you directly to make any adjustments necessary to allow for both to be open.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Dawgobert
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Dawgobert on Sep 26, 12 12:46 AM
Actually uninstalling and reinstalling the SG worked.

Now I want bacon to go along with the egg on my face.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 28, 12 11:07 AM
Hi Dawgobert

No need to feel bad about that! For you and for other Fishies, after taking a look into this for you, our team was able to discover that this was a known issue with the Strategy Guide.

We apologize for any inconvenience. However, if you're running into the issue where the Strategy Guide will tell you a game is already running, then as Dawgobert did, just uninstall and reinstall the strategy guide and the game and it should be fixed! For more information on uninstalling and reinstalling just click this help article here:

Uninstalling and reinstalling

If you run into any trouble with the guide even after trying this, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this for you:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by TeaEGH on Nov 7, 12 8:05 PM
I'm in Burroughs, and my game suddenly refused to recognize my left arrow. I cannot move left. I can move up, down, and right. I exited the game, and restarted it. Same issue. The game new-load-exit screen also cycles selections constantly.

Help!

[Post New]by MunchkinKat on Jan 16, 13 11:31 PM
Curses! I have the worst luck with RPG/Adventure games. No matter what game I am playing (Aveyond, Ella's Hope, Leah's Tale, Millennium, etc) sooner or later the game starts ignoring one or more of my arrow keys and my party usually ends up stuck in a corner I can't get them out of. I actually made it through 10 hours or more of gameplay in this one and I was thinking that maybe I might get to finish without this annoyance, but no such luck. This has happened to me on every RPG/Adventure game I have played over 3 or 4 computers, so I'm sure it's not a hardware issue. And it looks like I may not be the only one with this problem. I really want to avoid un-installing and re-installing if at all possible - my party members are all over level 40 and I'd hate to lose all that progress! Is there any hope for me, or should I just give up on the idea or RPGs all together?

[Post New]by flammable55 on Aug 30, 14 5:25 AM
I have had that before because for some reason my computer started recognising my webcam as a game controller. Have you tried unplugging any peripheral devices, such as webcams?

[Post New]by BonnieBlackHair on Sep 27, 14 5:12 PM
I have the same issue with my cursor, but I don't see any more responses. Any solution?

sothimk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sothimk on Jan 11, 15 2:34 PM
When I try to open the game I get the error message, "RGSS player has stopped working." I tried the BFG help pages and there was no FAQ covering this. I emailed technical support and they never got back to me. I am not a technical guy so complicated solutions may not help.

Go to: