bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Sylia - Act 1

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 21, 12 12:53 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Sylia - Act 1? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Sylia - Act 1 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sylia - Act 1

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 21, 12 12:54 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

Malo21
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Malo21 on Sep 22, 12 1:49 AM
Sylia is a wonderful role playing game!!! I bought it from the developers site just this year when it was offered at a reduced price....30% off.

You will grow to love the characters and the story line is intricate.....several times you will split up into separate groups, so level all your characters. Some of the bosses are extremely hard, but there is so much exploring, you lvl, lvl, lvl. AND, you can always come back to the different regions to kill the bosses.

I love role playin games (RPG's) and this one is top notch. Enjoy!!

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Sep 24, 12 9:24 AM
I've already played this game from elsewhere so I don't know where episode one ends, but wherever it does, I bet you'll be eager for the second part.

The storyline isn't your usual RPG cliche; for one, the first thing the human heroes do is comprehensively lose against the villain and are then out of it for the whole game. Instead, you have the weirdest party you are ever likely to get, and it brings a whole new dimension to the game play. There are lots of optional characters you can collect on the way, all of which bring something useful to the table.

There are the things that you'd expect from this developer: lots of side quests, artifacts with special qualities to find, gorgeous maps, and quirks and twists in the plot. The dialogue is often funny. There are multiple possibilities for the ending and it's up to your final choice how that plays out. I really enjoyed playing this game.

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 24, 12 12:12 PM
I got this game for free in the official website by winning the contest, which the prize was... a copy of the game. I got the full version when it was released.

What I like more of this game is the cool main characters, funny and exciting storyline, one of the funniest villains ever lol. I don't know how many hours the first act has, but I'm sure that when it ends, you guys and gals will be crazy to play the next one, the developer told me that this game will be divided in 2 acts.

Aside from those features I mentioned above, there is cool musics, big dungeons to explore, monsters that you can recruit to fight alongside you and a pack of artfacts/relics and side-quests to complete.

To those who are playing, enjoy and to those who haven't played yet... what are you all waiting for?

[Post New]by MonicaCruz on Sep 28, 12 9:25 AM
Great game again by the masters of the genre.
If you discovered the RPG universe like me with 3 Stars of Destiny (or Laxius Force, by the same company), you will feel at home with Sylia. The game is huge and incredibly addicting.
The gameplay has been perfectly refined so to provide entertainment and challenge at the same time. In particular the relics and artifacts add a huge plus to a game that is already pretty impressive. The plot is absolutely unique which again is a plus compared to other RPG that look more generic.
My rate: 6/5

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Oct 6, 12 2:33 PM
I enjoyed this games' demo so much that I bought this portion when I know darn well it will be eons before BFG releases the other half.
Playing as a homogenous group of disparate animals bereft and horrified by the 'stoning' of their persons was just too novel to pass up.
Of course many RPG's will include some cute pets in their character line up but this is the first one I've played with no human leads. And having a customizable cat as the kicka$$ lead was too much fun.
This half of a game is pure adventure, astonishingly deep and might jolt a giggle or two out of the most staid gamer.
I shall look forward to playing the other half with restless anticipation.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Oct 31, 12 5:01 AM
I'm 40 minutes into it and I'm almost to the first big fight. It's disappointing that I've played this long and I haven't really found out enough about the game to decide whether to buy it. It does have some humor in it, and I haven't played an RPG in forever, so I hope the next 20 minutes sucks me in.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 5, 12 1:52 PM
I love RPG,s but there are 3 things that will keep me from buying.

#1. Random Enemies - I like to see them coming & explore after clearing a screen.
#2. No Enemy Health Meter - I want to know if I'm doing damage.
#3. All Characters on Screen - Like you're trying to control a Toy Train.

The last 2 apply to this game so definitely a No Buy for me.

[Post New]by geniusness on Dec 11, 12 12:16 PM
Love the game!!! Am at Turtle Rock and wandering around finding things. I have only recently gotten into the rpg's but have played quite a few. Most have been bought from other sites as bfg simply does not carry enough variety in the category.

So imagine my delight when I found Sylia (developed by Aldorlea one of the best IMO). Bought it after just 20 or so minutes. So imagine my disappointment when I realized that I had only gotten half the game with no indication as to when the other half will be available for purchase.

Had I known or realized this I would have waited and saved my pennies and bought the full version from the developer. Shame on bfg for this.

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jan 20, 13 12:03 PM
I bought Act 1 on BFG. After being so puzzled by the beginning characters, I have really enjoyed this game. I like being able to level up before tackling bad bosses. There are so many places to explore that you can play on for hours and still not get bored. The plot & characters are so different that many of the rpg's. At first, I was a little preplexed when I lost my whole team and all the people turned to stone. But have really enjoyed the twists & turns of the game. It's interesting that you have to develop your parties fighting skills because you can use other skills on certain terrains. The relics and artifacts have been fun to find and really help you progress in the game. Having the parties split and choosing from a large variety of recruits has been fun. You can't simply rely on your strongest players with certain skills. It keeps the game play interesting and challenging.

All in all, I'd said that this game was well worth the money.

Go to: