timeinhand
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Campaign Level

[Post New]by timeinhand on Sep 21, 12 5:02 AM
How do you actually complete a campaign level where you bankrupt everyone else, (nice) and have the property ownership percentage? As I only seem able to do one without the other and the game ends.!! And have you noticed that although there are male and female competitors everyone is referred to as a he when paying investors, receiving birthday money etc..

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Campaign Level

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Sep 30, 12 2:51 PM
Hadn't played this game in a while, so haven't been here for some time...so hoping this is still pertinent info to you.

The way to win a campaign level by bankrupting all the players is to purposely NOT purchase or build too much on property. Once you do this, you'll figure out how easy it is.

Generally, when playing a campaign, I limit myself to around 12 properties total and then I tend to build about half of them up as high as I can. Then, because the AI players are not all that bright (see the other threads about this) it's just a matter of hanging on until they all go bankrupt - of course, this is hardest to do on the NYC level, but still possible without breaking much of a sweat.

The hardest thing for me is restraining myself from gobbling up all the property I can (which I will do if I'm playing a custom game). Then you may also have to choose which ones you'll build past level 3. In essence, you'll win the game without achieving the percentage needed because you've bankrupted all your rivals. For instance, I just won in Seattle with 63%...got all the stars because I bankrupted everyone and my cash on hand at the end was over 1.7 million. This is mostly possible because the AI players in the Seattle campaign don't bother to buy/sell much in the line of goods. It's not so easy to win in Seattle if you're playing 4 hard AI opponents, but I still have yet to lose - even when I thought I was going to because I had almost no properties in my possession early on.

timeinhand
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by timeinhand on Oct 1, 12 4:06 AM
Thanks for the info and your time, will try harder not to keep buying and just be patient to let the game play with time in hand.

[Post New]by Raven_Macy on Dec 28, 13 8:03 AM
Hi, hope I'm in the right place ( I'm a noobie ) , I need to get a bigger car , how do I buy one and where ?

Go to: