bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 21, 12 3:32 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Sep 30, 12 8:56 PM
I am playing in LION on a Mac. I downloaded the new Mac version of the game. I had already played it when it first came out without any other issues but the voices missing in some instances.

I opened the game just to refresh my mind about the bonus chapter, and experienced the same issue someone else reported in a now locked thread. A white box appeared in the burning building in the window with the out of reach bottle. That happened the second time I clicked and every time after that, the first time the picture was fine.

I also ran the older version of this game tonight; same scenario with the white box.

Before locking it, the Mod suggested the person was having a video problem and should update their video card. If that person was on a Mac, that advice would not apply.

LION was recently updated to 10.7.5 -- that is more likely to be the issue, since I did not have it before.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 8, 12 6:32 PM
I had purchased, downloaded, and played this game about 6 weeks ago, and got stuck in the bonus section when inventory started disappearing. I received excellent advice from the tech team but nothing worked, including uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I finally uninstalled permanently and gave up on the game.

After reading the update above, I downloaded the new version of the game and was all set to pick up where I left off. When I hit play, I got the message "You have completed this game. Would you like to play again?"

I guess I completed it in my sleep? The gremlins completed it? Maybe the missing inventory items reappeared and finished the game themselves.

No, I don't want to play the whole game over again just to finish the last few scenes. Thanks anyway.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 11, 12 6:27 PM
As a follow-up to my last post, I've had problems ever since I deleted this game a few days ago - it went to my trash bin, and I deleted all the download files that went with it, and it is still in the trash bin - won't delete at all. I get odd messages like "this file is still in use" and the computer freezes up for several minutes when I do try to delete it. This game has been more trouble than it's worth. If I didn't know better I'd say it's a virus.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 19, 12 4:51 PM
I solved this problem the hard way - deleted my entire hard drive and started over. Things are hopping right along now so there shouldn't be any more problems of this kind. I'm crossing my fingers.

CndnPhoenix
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by CndnPhoenix on Nov 2, 12 11:35 PM
I have totally and completely completed the pipe puzzle (looked at the Strategy Guide to be absolutely sure) but the game will not acknowledge it. I cannot continue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing changes.

(Why do these glitches only happen at the very end of a game? Not to mention, only in HO Games.)

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Nov 18, 12 5:49 AM
I have the same issue as CndnPhoenix: the pipe puzzle will not acknowledge completion, even though it matches the SG. What is going on here? Is there something else that has to be done first? Moderator, please get the developers in on this issue. This should not be happening.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 12 10:29 PM
sarah451 wrote:I have the same issue as CndnPhoenix: the pipe puzzle will not acknowledge completion, even though it matches the SG. What is going on here? Is there something else that has to be done first? Moderator, please get the developers in on this issue. This should not be happening.

I'm wondering - have you placed the caps on the ends of the pipes that aren't being used?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 12 10:33 PM
I played the updated version (I had no choice, I was stopped by the mirror glitch) and experienced the dialogue audio missing. It played for about a quarter of the game, went out, then came back on in the very last scene where I rescued the girl.

scaring
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scaring on Aug 3, 13 10:49 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game and the problem still won't fix. It involves the pipes. I do not have the correct pipes or caps to use. According to the guide, I should have 2 pipes that connect to the left and one cap that connect upward and I don't have any of those. Is there a update that resolves this problem?

Go to: