Ruins, deck, and wrecked ship

[Post New]by brewster2 on Feb 10, 09 8:59 AM
Help! I love challenging games like this but this one is driving me nuts. Not sure if it's a gliche in the game or what. I have played similar games, like Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhurst and mastered it. But The Treasures of Mystery Island is not allowing me to proceed or give a useful hint.

As other players, I have un/reinstalled the game 3 times AND have started a new game with new player names 4 times. Each time I am stuck at the same level-ruins, deck, and wrecked ship. Ruins-have 1 piece to find-12lb weight; deck-1 piece to find-picture frame and 1 item to use(12lb weight); wrecked ship-1 item to use(picture frame);

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Re:Ruins, deck, and wrecked ship

[Post New]by brewster2 on Feb 10, 09 9:28 AM
I finally figured it out.

Thanks

gleyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by gleyn on Feb 13, 09 2:56 PM
How did you figure it out? I'm at the same place. Can't find the piece of picture frame and the piece for the weight. Can you help me?

Thanks, Gleyn

[Post New]by tanjitnj1 on Feb 17, 09 7:50 PM
I am stuck, I can't find the peice for the weight or the picture frame either. What am I missing? I think it has something to do with the pole in the yard of the ruins that turns.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Mar 16, 09 6:36 AM
Hi I finally figured out to turn the pole till it lines up (use the markings in the rock to assist you) but now I can't get the piece of weight on top because of the beast...& I'm still missing a piece of the picture frame on the deck..all I have left is a treasure chest....aagghh! This game is doing my head in Help!

Edited on 03/16/2009 at 6:38:00 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 16, 09 7:39 AM
shazoz wrote:Hi I finally figured out to turn the pole till it lines up (use the markings in the rock to assist you) but now I can't get the piece of weight on top because of the beast...& I'm still missing a piece of the picture frame on the deck..all I have left is a treasure chest....aagghh! This game is doing my head in Help!

Once you replace all the missing items in that scene, you will find some sticks- use the stick on the beast to open up a mini game.

[Post New]by Butterscotch2 on Mar 17, 09 10:25 AM
brewster2 wrote:Help! I love challenging games like this but this one is driving me nuts. Not sure if it's a gliche in the game or what. I have played similar games, like Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhurst and mastered it. But The Treasures of Mystery Island is not allowing me to proceed or give a useful hint.

As other players, I have un/reinstalled the game 3 times AND have started a new game with new player names 4 times. Each time I am stuck at the same level-ruins, deck, and wrecked ship. Ruins-have 1 piece to find-12lb weight; deck-1 piece to find-picture frame and 1 item to use(12lb weight); wrecked ship-1 item to use(picture frame);

[Post New]by Butterscotch2 on Mar 17, 09 10:30 AM
Hi! First time using these forums - hope this is right. But, we are also stuck on Ruins, deck, and wrecked ship with the same pieces. We cannot light the fire with the magnifying glass - *Burn a Hole* area.

You have to click on the magnifying glass with the downward facing arrow. Smoke comes out of the stack, but fire never lights! We thought maybe there was another step prior to lighting fire, but are stuck. Help! Great game - very frustrating at times!

Thanks for any help!
Butterscotch2

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 18, 09 12:07 AM
Hi butterscotch- the magnifying glass burn a hold mini game is the worst game there for me. I just about broke my mouse trying to do it- but what I did was try to keep the magnifying glass at the point the smoke starts coming out- when the yellow hole is quite smallish - I had to click as fas as I could about 100 times and it finally caught fire.
Frustrating game and not much fun bashing on your mouse!

[Post New]by Butterscotch2 on Mar 18, 09 3:43 PM
Hi! I guess I quit too early - I counted to about 50 clicks on the mouse and gave up. I was trying to hold the magnifying glass low to the smoke and that didn't work. Then I tried letting the magnifying glass bob up and down thinking that was the trick to lighting the fire. Needless to say, that didn't work either.

Looks like I'll have to try again and count even higher. Your right, very frustrating and not much fun!

Thanks! Your help is greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by tylanic on Jun 27, 09 8:08 PM
I finally got my fire started, also got the gate closed so the beast didn't get out but now I can not find where to use the thing that looks like a ball with a handle on it so I can get my last piece of the picture. It is very frustrating.

mmaxell
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mmaxell on Jun 28, 09 11:55 AM
Hi Tylanic - I'm with you - grrrr... I have the Weight (ball with handle) and cannot find any place to use it in either the Ship or the Deck in order to get the last piece of the painting.

Cany anyboy shed some light - Please ?!?!?

mmaxell
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mmaxell on Jun 28, 09 11:58 AM
OK - so Thirty seconds later, I FOUND it! Go to the ship deck and in the upper right quadrant, there is a mast - broken off on the left but a place to hang the weight on the Right! That reveals the last pice of the painting!!!

[Post New]by sharisosweet on Jan 15, 10 11:46 AM
HELP! I feel ridiculous asking since everyone else seems to know but I have NO idea what magnifying glass I need to use to start the hay on fire. I DON'T HAVE ONE! I've breezed through the game until now and am getting SO frustrated...also I have one object left in my inventory that I don't know where it goes. Its wooden and round, kind of like a top to a barrel. Does anyone know where this goes???

[Post New]by mattleo on Feb 27, 11 8:22 AM
Can someone tell me where the last petals of the blue flower are? I still haven't got the sticks to seal the beast's door either, despite having the helmet etc...if I reinstall do I have to start all over?

[Post New]by capernkris on Apr 23, 11 1:35 PM
brewster2 wrote:Help! I love challenging games like this but this one is driving me nuts. Not sure if it's a gliche in the game or what. I have played similar games, like Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhurst and mastered it. But The Treasures of Mystery Island is not allowing me to proceed or give a useful hint.

Go to: