sidlove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Getting to the monastery

[Post New]by sidlove on Sep 22, 12 11:42 AM
Help! How do I get to the monastery?! I've been going in circles for at least 30 minutes! I get to a guard who says I'm not allowed in and there's a little boy there. What am I doing wrong?!

Re:Getting to the monastery

[Post New]by Nobuno on Sep 23, 12 1:45 AM
You must go back South gate and find 'piece of artifact' first. Then you can access the monastery.

sidlove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sidlove on Sep 23, 12 12:19 PM
Thank you!

britt613
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by britt613 on Oct 30, 12 7:30 PM
found the piece of artifact but still can't seem to go anywhere. what next?

tonbogale
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tonbogale on Oct 30, 12 10:44 PM
britt613 wrote:found the piece of artifact but still can't seem to go anywhere. what next?

After you talk to Mu fai, go forward twice. (The first time taking the left path, the other is still blocked by the guard.)

You should see a lumberjack on the left and a monk sitting on the ground on the right.

The monk will want you to make him a firework, the recipe is in the quest log. After you give it to him the gate at the back of the scene will open.

captzeno
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by captzeno on May 23, 14 9:59 PM
Well, I give up on the game. It says if you click on the yin-yang you can save what you've done but I never saw it. I didn't save it, there's no indication of basic information you need to have to proceed from point A to B. I am not starting over with this. Just glad it was a freebie. Too bad too because I really enjoy the Judge Dee character. I've read most all of the Robert Van Gulik books. But they blew it with this. Chinese Healer is fare superior to this.
As for a direct response to "getting to the monastery", exactly how were we supposed to have firework formula in our quest diary, where the heck did that come from? It's nonsense like that which makes this game too much of a trial to fool with. Moreover there's not even a walk through that I could find. Maybe some other company can come up with a better Judge Dee game. I'd like it if they would. In the meantime, Sayonara, Judge Dee -- that's not Chinese but it still means good-bye to bad gaming experience.

Go to: