cocky2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

?last level

[Post New]by cocky2 on Sep 23, 12 8:17 PM
Hi,
I am at the volcano level. Does anyone know if you have to get
10 perfect scores to collect the elements?
i have been on this level for 2 days now.
Thanks

Re:?last level

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 23, 12 11:30 PM
Cocky2, you don't need to get 10 perfect scores on this level!
Just find all 60 parts to recharge the amulets.

cocky2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by cocky2 on Sep 24, 12 9:03 AM
Thanhks for the speedy reply.
Are the parts equally divided in each level,i.e. 6 parts in each stage.

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 24, 12 11:48 AM
You can find all parts in first 9 levels and 10 level must help if you miss something in previous 9. This level really hard, you must concentrate on the cards and combinations and have to buy some wildcards to facilitate the gameplay.

cocky2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by cocky2 on Sep 24, 12 9:12 PM
Thanks will give it a try

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 30, 12 1:41 AM
I beat it with 8 perfect scores. One of the levels early on (3rd or 4th, IIRC), I had 1 card left. So by the time I'd finished level 9, I had all the pieces, meaning it didn't matter what I got on the 10th level.

[Post New]by Momma61 on Oct 3, 12 7:44 PM
I have played this level at least 5 times through, hoping for some breakthrough. I was sure to get 10 perfects at least 4 of those times and still have not been able to collect all of the amulet pieces. I don't know if I have some kind of fluky defect, but I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, just finished level 5 and still don't have half of the amulet pieces. I'm at my wits end and would love any suggestions. I'm about to give up on the game.
Could it have anything to do with the number of perfects you've had throughout the game? HELP!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 4, 12 4:53 AM
Sorry to hear you are having trouble finding all the crystal shards, Momma61.

When I played the last level, I was far from getting a Perfect with each hand, but I made sure that I found at least 6 shards with each hand I played (had to repeat some of them until I did find all 6).

Seeing that there are 60 shards to be found and you have 10 hands to play, I presumed that I should find at least 6 shards in each level, and I did.

fairlaine
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by fairlaine on Oct 12, 12 1:39 AM
finished the game,loved it!.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 14, 12 7:23 AM
Just wanted to say that, the second time I played the game, I managed to finish every hand with a Perfect, until...

When I came to the very last stage, where I have to collect crystals, I managed to finish the first 4 hands with a Perfect, but then gave up. Apart from the fact that the stone thrower put cards too often on fire, and I was losing cards by just extinguishing the flames again, I also got a little cross-eyed with the way the cards were layed out.

Isn't it enough to make the very last level as difficult as it is, without having to look left, right, up and down and get a headache on the way while trying to find the right cards in each hand?

So I decided to just give up. I don't have to prove anything more to myself. I did get a Perfect with every hand, and decided to leave the last few hands along, or I might just go ga-ga.

BTW, to those peeps who seem to have problems getting all the shards:
I found them the first time round without problems, and again, there were at least 6 shards in each of the hands I played - even with achieving a Perfect score. So, getting a "Perfect" score isn't preventing anyone from not getting all the shards - just in case someone thinks that this might have been the problem (glitch).

Edited on 10/15/2012 at 1:15:04 AM PST

[Post New]by rafder on Oct 16, 12 7:04 PM
This last level is major game balance upset, in my opinion. You have to get all 6 shards in each level with no mistakes. You can't redo a screen, the layouts are the hardest and the obstacle -that fire-hurling lava giant- is tough AND if you miss a shard, you can't just end the level and reset: you have to play the whole thing out. A very very frustrating spoiler to this game.
- rafder

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 17, 12 1:19 AM
Hi Rafder

You don't have to have a Perfect for any of the hands in the last level. So long you find at least 6 shards, that's all you have to do.

And you can replay each hand, if you want to.

What I didn't like was the screwed up way the cards were lying down - gave me a headache. And on top of that I had to hurry to find the right cards, before that stoneman hurdled more lava onto a card.

This was the level where the fun stopped for me. Shame...

[Post New]by rafder on Oct 17, 12 9:11 PM
Valdy -
Thanks for your reply. I have never found more than 6 shards in any of the screens on the last level. I realize you don't have to get a perfect score (you never have to in any level, as long as you collect all the artifacts), but the fact that you can't replay a screen to find shards you missed makes this level the fun stopper, as you said, in an otherwise lush and entertaining game. It's also annoying that there is no numerical count for the shards you have collected in mid-screen. Aaarrggh...
- rafder

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 17, 12 10:50 PM
Hi Rafder

Yes, I kept counting in my head how many shards I had collected to make sure I got at least 6 of them. But I did a couple of times get more than 6 shards in one hand.

This is an almost "perfect" game, but made so ridiculously difficult, that many solitaire players won't get the enjoyment out of it as they would have, if only a few things had been different.

Oh well... I played the game twice, and am leaving it alonge now for a while, while I am playing my Fairway Solitaire game again. I thought Fairway was difficult, but what a relief it is playing Fairway after this one. LOL

sandybottom
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sandybottom on Oct 18, 12 12:22 PM
I've played the last level 4 times now, with a perfect 10 each time, without getting all the shards... so how happy am I now that I read that I don't have to stride for a perfect 10, just count shards so I get the required 60. Wow... I'll settle for the 'level completed' even though all previous levels were gold. Really enjoyed this game.

After some frustration, I learned to reduce the screen size and keep the game open but not running, so that I could pick up where I left off. One night my computer opted to do a restart behind my back.... but alas.... I was determined and didn't have a fit the next morning

sandybottom
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sandybottom on Oct 19, 12 6:38 AM
Wait, wait.... I just replayed the last level all the way through twice again and could not get six shards in the very first hand even though both times I totally cleared the board on the first level. I doubt there is truth to there being 6 shards in each of the 10 hands (6x10=60). I expect it is random as to the number of shards you can attain, depending upon the removal of the cards with another card or if removed with bow&arrow or lighting strike. This final chapter is definitely a REAL challenge.

Edited on 10/19/2012 at 6:40:20 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 19, 12 6:45 AM
sandybottom wrote:I doubt there is truth to there being 6 shards in each of the 10 hands (6x10=60).
You are right. When I played I had my last shard in hand 8.

Edited on 10/19/2012 at 6:45:40 AM PST

[Post New]by rafder on Oct 19, 12 7:10 PM
Valdy -
The day after my last post I completed the game. I give you credit for that reverse jinx, many thanks. AND I did get more than 6 shards on a couple hands so go figure. I was not disappointed by the ending - just another fantasy-style wind-up. Good game but that last level... ouch.
- rafder

[Post New]by dgdyson on Oct 28, 12 9:01 AM
Okay -- so I have to collect shards. How do I do that? I got through with 9 perfects and 1 that I missed one and can't beat it

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 12, 12 5:29 AM
Hi Twinsoniclab

I have played the game twice, and am now playing it a third time, but have decided to just skip the last level at the vulcano because, as you said, it's just too rediculously difficult to do.

I did finish the whole game the first time round, but had to give up on the last level when I played the game a second time - this time to get a Perfect score with each hand. And I managed it until I came to the last level.

So now I will start again - just playing for enjoyment, but not to get a Perfect score - but will just stop playing when I have reached the last level.

Go to: